Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   612 views

Description

Does anybody else play D2R SP besides me ?

I hated the Loot Grabbers, Trolls, PK'ers, Trading Idiots, Spam Bots, Keyboard Warriors, Know-It-Alls, Name already taken, Over-priced NL Items. But I really hated the SEASONS restarts.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I hated the Loot Grabbers, Trolls, PK'ers, Trading Idiots, Spam Bots, Keyboard Warriors, Know-It-Alls, Name already taken, Over-priced NL Items. But I really hated the SEASONS restarts.

Ohhh Shudd-up, Nobody want's to hear about how offended you got over the dumbest crap.
OP
So, I'm playing SP. Making a mule for each item in the game. Play as I will. After all, it's how i started playing D2 back in '99.

Got tired of all the other games than copied D2.

D3 sucked balls.
D4 is blah.
POE had it's seasons.
GW2 was ok for alittle while,
GW was nice but a lvl20
Cap
WoW was full of Idiots and Scammers.
Everquest was awesome but not as good as D2.
Grim Dawn is ok, multi-player is basic and old Lan style.

Ohhh Shudd-up, Nobody want's to hear about how offended you got over the dumbest crap.
There are quite of few here who play SP, for various reasons.
I personally play console online, but am mostly in private games. I use the online aspect mainly for trading, which is my favorite part of the game.
Online console is different since there isn't a chat lobby like PC. So we don't see the bots and spammers.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
I only play PC. Don't have any consoles.

Trying to stay away from Online. I used to run bots and sell items on Ebay before they stopped allowing that. That was back when Soj's were currency, had 12+ mules full of them (over 1,000 soj's). It ruined the game for me, it wasn't fun anymore. So, I moved onto other games, but always Loved D2, came back and played casually since then.

I get it. I have the game on PC and xbox but all my muscle Memory is on xbox so I play on xbox and use PC to trade.

The moment I spend a single real cent on a game (besides the initial game purchase), it ruins the game for me. So I just trade and use runes as my currency.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
OP
I got to the point where I hated spending money on games too. After the purchase price, then it's expansions and maybe some packs. No buying items or like how someone wants a monthly sub for his maphack, lol.

mhlg 1031

Americas PC
I too left behind a lot of Sojs in the legacy game. I moved from D2 to Titan's Quest, and its expansion Immortal Throne. POE was okay but it couldn't hold me. D3 and D4 bite! I purchased Grim Dawn prerelease and stayed with it through the expansions. It didn't rise to the fun game play of D2, but it was closer than D3 or D4, and it had more content and a larger game map.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
what is SP?
single player?

I play online in open games, but normally play alone, even when somebody enters, I prefer that each one play by themselves and we just gain additional XP/loot for the extra players :-P

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
OP
Yeah, single player. D2 Original had it where you could play alone or over a Lan-line. But, not D2R, Don't see where you can if you can.

You can play offline on D2R or on play online and use password (or restrict the players in the game to1) 🤔

In offline mode you have access to ladder only content (like Hustle and Mosaic) and can use commands like /players8 (that don't work online) and use programs like hero editor

Is it what are you talking about?

Knappogue wrote: 3 weeks ago
I personally play console online, but am mostly in private games. I use the online aspect mainly for trading, which is my favorite part of the game.
Online console is different since there isn't a chat lobby like PC. So we don't see the bots and spammers.
I'm the same, I play the game online, but always alone. Only time another player enters my game is for a trade from friends list.

From the other games mentioned, I'm apparently one of the few that liked D3. Not at release, but after the expansion, without real money auction house and with greater rifts. Greater rifts were so fun that eventually were replicated in WOW as Mythic+´. Sometimes I miss the stackable crafting materials and that all the items use a tiny portion of the inventory. Oh, and the built-in grail calculator that is extracting the legendary items on the kanai's cube.
Dromar186 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Knappogue wrote: 3 weeks ago
I'm the same, I play the game online, but always alone. Only time another player enters my game is for a trade from friends list.

From the other games mentioned, I'm apparently one of the few that liked D3. Not at release, but after the expansion, without real money auction house and with greater rifts. Greater rifts were so fun that eventually were replicated in WOW as Mythic+´. Sometimes I miss the stackable crafting materials and that all the items use a tiny portion of the inventory. Oh, and the built-in grail calculator that is extracting the legendary items on the kanai's cube.
I thoroughly enjoyed D3 😀 haven't played it in a couple years but yea, Greater rifts were awesome. Highest Rift I soloed was in the low 140s

GrumpyOldFart wrote: 3 weeks ago
I also play mostly Offline Single Player. I like to play on my own, not with others. Never played with anyone online,or traded for anything. I have a Sorc online level 90 but I was always solo with password game.

Offline I have a level 99 Sorc and 97 Pally. It feels great when you find some rare stuff, being so hard to find it yourself. Yesterday it dropped the first
Griffon's Eye
in more than 9 months of playing. I'm at 500 items found out of 539, 93% of Holy Grail.
I liked D3 a lot the first seasons 🤗🤗
But after a bug where everybody lost all the legendary powers they collected 😓😓😓, and Blizzard didn't care about because was a few days before new season I quit the game....

Nowadays after returning to D2R I think that many mechanics are simplified in D3...
Seems to me that all classes/items/skill follow the same rules and the builds are all straight forward based on the legendary that pump or need a set of skills... and in the end you have only one thing to do: Greater Rifts

While I miss some specific builds from D3 (the Demon hunter that plot 5
Crossbow
that shot the same that you 🔫 🔫 and the Monk that use seven side strike + exploding palm 👊👊), I didn't remember in thinking about come back...

D2R rules!!!

Yes, same here, GrumpfOldFart!
> offline
> single player
> no items copied or whatever
> have about 5-6 mules each for unique armour, 5-6 for unique weapons, one for rings etc., one for socketed items.
> when I find a unique item, I check if the stats are better than the ones of the duplicate that I may already have (not very reasonable but I'm a collector)
> the shared stash/chest that got introduced in D2R made everything sooooo much nicer compared to legacy D2R. Finally I can give a Barb item that I found with the Druid to the barb without hassle. So nice!
I like it!!
OP
fraggykrueger wrote: 3 weeks ago
Yes, same here, GrumpfOldFart!
> offline
> single player
> no items copied or whatever
> have about 5-6 mules each for unique armour, 5-6 for unique weapons, one for rings etc., one for socketed items.
> when I find a unique item, I check if the stats are better than the ones of the duplicate that I may already have (not very reasonable but I'm a collector)
> the shared stash/chest that got introduced in D2R made everything sooooo much nicer compared to legacy D2R. Finally I can give a Barb item that I found with the Druid to the barb without hassle. So nice!
I like it!!
In the old game, When I played online it was with 2 computers, had multiple cd sets. I'd let one sit in a private game and when my stash got full, I'd join it, drop on Ground and switch characters, Nice items i'd hold and switch. Back then, I had 21 accounts, 2 with playing characters on them, 19 with mules.

Now with D2R, Offline. I just use 1 computer with monitors. The use of shared stash helps out a lot. Less Trips, lol. I have on one screen, the saved file folder open, a folder with all my saved mule files on another drive open. I fill up my stash, pull up the mules needed and grab all the items. When I have over 100 mules for each set, each unique, each rune, each runeword, each gem, jewel, charm spec's, etc... It adds up and way too much of a pain to just leave them all in the saved folder. What can I say, I'm a hoarder and collector. LOL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...