diablo2.io is supported by ads
68 replies   15296 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
So its only the
Pierce
leeching? This will be considerably harder to test.
Yes.
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
So its only the
Pierce
leeching? This will be considerably harder to test.
Yes.
This would explain why I cant maintain mana neutrality in Chaos sanc where the mobs are more spread out. I suddenly miss the cyclone strike from d3 monk that lets u vacuum mobs into a nice tight pack.
I must say I am quite disappointed that even the video couldn't turn you around. After all, you had to see to believe, right?

My
Boots
are gore riders. I don't see a reason to use
Silkweave
since, as you have observed, I am already not reliant on mana potions.
Belt
is Arach, to hit 48 FCR breakpoint. I do have T-gods and
Razortail
as back up, but at this time I do not feel the need to reduce my QoL for additional damage. The clip explains this quite adequately.

RE: Damage boost with griffons - Diablo already goes down in 2 hits, cows already melt. I don't see a huge reason to change the source of 74% MF. Maybe if they introduce Greater Rifts or something. Then it'd be time to dig deep and chug mana pots when necessary. When FARMING, however, I am all about that QoL. I dont have to visit a vendor and repair, I dont have to manage potions in my
Belt
. I kill,
Teleport
, kill, repeat.

RE: Upgrading
Eth
titans as a last upgrade - its a
Pul
rune. Your placing it after
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber
, and a bunch of other, much more expensive upgrades looks like you're dying on this hill, and I'm not sure why. Its a
Pul
rune. Use your editor, look at the difference in average damage between upped and non-upped. And multiply that by your attack speed.

RE: losing the ability to repair? Repair? What's that? Javazons don't need to repair. They fire until one
Eth
titan runs low, swap to the other one from the cube, repeat. I have forgotten what repair is. You want this "ability" to repair, go ahead. Use a lower damage weapon that you can enjoy repairing. I honestly cannot understand you at this point. Do you understand, I have not HAD to repair since I started farming my Enigma through Infinity?
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber
worth of farming, and I never repaired once. Is that a disability?

RE: Mana leech being helpful in some cases: No, Mana leech is helpful all the time. Because my mana doesn't run down, I don't have to manage potions. As in, I never have to pick pots off the floor or go to a vendor to top up. I don't have to THINK about this resource, it is invisible to me. I can throw LF indefinitely. This means uninterrupted farming, i only care about looting gear and runes. I don't have to check my
Belt
, I dont have to worry about no mana potions dropping, I dont have to TP if I run out. This translates to faster runs.

Rest of Gear:
Boots
are gore riders as discussed. Gear is still MF mode: my SC are 7 MF with some perks where available, such as cold dmg etc. GCs are skillers as usual. I'm still carrying my cube and leaving space for loot both, again for QoL. When farming on switch, you cant loot directly into cube.

Conclusion: Upped
Eth
titans are one of the first, NOT the last, upgrades I would heartily recommend to any growing Javazon, they are what we call low hanging fruit. You will easily procure the equivalent value of 2 upped
Eth
titans (180 ed, not 200 ed which is truly the gg) along the journey to the first Enigma - heck, the first
Jah
. The subsequent substantial increase in weapon damage results in a competent mana leech which will eliminate one of the maintenance aspects of potions, while having a pair eliminates the other maintenance aspect of repair. This time will go to killing more things. The numbers: 1
Eth
titan at 180 ed for approx
Ist
, upping for
Pul
, puts the cost of 2x 180 ED upped E titans at just above 2
Ist
, while
Jah
's value is at 18-19
Ist
, and
Ber
Ist
. To put this upgrade off until the equivalent upgrade of literally 100's
Ist
of value does not make any sense.
I don't have a full day to type out a reply but for whatever reason, following your footsteps did not replicate your results. I would run out of mana, not as easily but still would. I definitely could not finish a single run without mana potions. I will make an exact replica of ypur build later and see if it is any different but unlikely.
Did you manage to run pot-less cows yet? I suspect the reason to be deadly strike. I have 49% to it, and 15% crushing blow. These affect leech as well.
Tried it yesterday night but was too tired after to reply.

Did not work as seen from your clip. While I could probably complete a run without using a potion if I skip the packs less than 5 and visit
Akara
before each run, I just can't. Got to kill them all and that'll drain up mana. So, playstyle partially does matter.

I will however resort to using manald/silks for my bnet java till I can get Phoenix for switch. That could be never for all I know right now.

Will think about it later.
I’ve been running cows non-stop the past couple days with mine. I generally need 2-3 mana pots at most over the course of a run, and every few tunes if I’m careless I’ll run out of Titans and head back to repair but that’s pretty rare. Overall I don’t think it slows down the farm too much.
rango_jr wrote: 2 years ago
I’ve been running cows non-stop the past couple days with mine. I generally need 2-3 mana pots at most over the course of a run, and every few tunes if I’m careless I’ll run out of Titans and head back to repair but that’s pretty rare. Overall I don’t think it slows down the farm too much.
I get similar results.

If it did work as well as Marc had shown, I would completely ditch all +mana items and go for pure damage just to run superfast cows in public cs/baalruns.
With
Manald Heal
, I could not keep leech up so having large mana pool is still necessary (had +800 mana after BO).

From all the options I tried so far, Manald and Silks were only one to keep pool full. And that was constantly full, similar to what was visible in Marc's video clip.

If anyone else is running a javazon and testing waters, post up how well something works.
I don’t run CTA. Mana pool is only around 350. I keep
Lower Resist
on off hand to take care of the occasional light/phys immune.
I must say I am quite disappointed that even the video couldn't turn you around. After all, you had to see to believe, right?

My
Boots
Silkweave
Belt
Razortail
as back up, but at this time I do not feel the need to reduce my QoL for additional damage. The clip explains this quite adequately.

RE: Damage boost with griffons - Diablo already goes down in 2 hits, cows already melt. I don't see a huge reason to change the source of 74% MF. Maybe if they introduce Greater Rifts or something. Then it'd be time to dig deep and chug mana pots when necessary. When FARMING, however, I am all about that QoL. I dont have to visit a vendor and repair, I dont have to manage potions in my
Belt
. I kill,
Teleport
, kill, repeat.

Eth
Pul
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber
, and a bunch of other, much more expensive upgrades looks like you're dying on this hill, and I'm not sure why. Its a
Pul
rune. Use your editor, look at the difference in average damage between upped and non-upped. And multiply that by your attack speed.

RE: losing the ability to repair? Repair? What's that? Javazons don't need to repair. They fire until one
Eth
titan runs low, swap to the other one from the cube, repeat. I have forgotten what repair is. You want this "ability" to repair, go ahead. Use a lower damage weapon that you can enjoy repairing. I honestly cannot understand you at this point. Do you understand, I have not HAD to repair since I started farming my Enigma through Infinity?
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber

RE: Mana leech being helpful in some cases: No, Mana leech is helpful all the time. Because my mana doesn't run down, I don't have to manage potions. As in, I never have to pick pots off the floor or go to a vendor to top up. I don't have to THINK about this resource, it is invisible to me. I can throw LF indefinitely. This means uninterrupted farming, i only care about looting gear and runes. I don't have to check my
Belt
, I dont have to worry about no mana potions dropping, I dont have to TP if I run out. This translates to faster runs.

Rest of Gear:
Boots
are gore riders as discussed. Gear is still MF mode: my SC are 7 MF with some perks where available, such as cold dmg etc. GCs are skillers as usual. I'm still carrying my cube and leaving space for loot both, again for QoL. When farming on switch, you cant loot directly into cube.

Eth
titans are one of the first, NOT the last, upgrades I would heartily recommend to any growing Javazon, they are what we call low hanging fruit. You will easily procure the equivalent value of 2 upped
Eth
titans (180 ed, not 200 ed which is truly the gg) along the journey to the first Enigma - heck, the first
Jah
. The subsequent substantial increase in weapon damage results in a competent mana leech which will eliminate one of the maintenance aspects of potions, while having a pair eliminates the other maintenance aspect of repair. This time will go to killing more things. The numbers: 1
Eth
Ist
, upping for
Pul
Ist
, while
Jah
's value is at 18-19
Ist
, and
Ber
Ist
Ist
I don't have a full day to type out a reply but for whatever reason, following your footsteps did not replicate your results. I would run out of mana, not as easily but still would. I definitely could not finish a single run without mana potions. I will make an exact replica of ypur build later and see if it is any different but unlikely.
Did you manage to run pot-less cows yet? I suspect the reason to be deadly strike. I have 49% to it, and 15% crushing blow. These affect leech as well.

Did not work as seen from your clip. While I could probably complete a run without using a potion if I skip the packs less than 5 and visit
Akara
before each run, I just can't. Got to kill them all and that'll drain up mana. So, playstyle partially does matter.

I will however resort to using manald/silks for my bnet java till I can get Phoenix for switch. That could be never for all I know right now.

Can you post a screen shot of your LF damage numbers off the character window?
s

My
Boots
Silkweave
Belt
Razortail

Belt
. I kill,
Teleport
, kill, repeat.

Eth
Pul
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber
Pul

Eth
Jah
Ber
Ber
Ber

Belt

Rest of Gear:
Boots

Eth
Eth
Jah
Eth
Ist
, upping for
Pul
Ist
, while
Jah
's value is at 18-19
Ist
, and
Ber
Ist
Ist

Akara

Can you post a screen shot of your LF damage numbers off the character window?

I can see now that you are also using Might Mercenary which increases damage significantly.

Well, it has turned to a point where there is an argument not about whether mana leech makes sense on javazon but should we build our javazons around lightning damage or lightning/physical hybrid since required gear changes for mana leech to be effective are more than just slap
Manald Heal
on and call it a day. Using Ethereal Titan's and
Manald Heal
will not solve your mana issues as you first seemed to claim.

Damage output is very low for P8 runs so my mind is unchanged about it.
Re: might merc.
Why wouldn’t you be using a might merc? I can imagine a1 merc with Faith might be nice but Infinity for breaking immunity is surely the best, in which case, why not might? Is there something better?

Re: physical light “hybrid”
Ummm, the only opportunity cost here is using titans over 6/40. 6/40 provides more light damage at the expense of physical, and it doesnt replenish. If you’re already on titans, upgrading them doesnt drop your light damage. Apart from
Manald Heal
taking away a possible soj slot, there is no compromise to lightning. Going from titans to ethereal to upped ethereal is just upgrades to your physical component. There is no “hybrid” here, unless someone wants to go Fortitude.

Re: low damage
You’re not using upped etheral titans, not using a might merc, not using goreriders but you came to the conclusion my set up “doesnt work” and is “low damage”. Well, of course it wont, because you’re not using the gear i posted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...