Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   2611 views

Description

Other than mr. Turkish party bouncer?
Sorry to all turks. He may be Greek too. Dunno the reference.

I’m guessing they all die quick. But perhaps there are exceptions where they actually excel better?

Any experience with other acts mercs?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 141

Amazon Americas PC
Other than mr. Turkish party bouncer?
Sorry to all turks. He may be Greek too. Dunno the reference.

I’m guessing they all die quick. But perhaps there are exceptions where they actually excel better?

Any experience with other acts mercs?
Answeredby BillyMaysed2 years agoGo to post
Ya ive experimented with all 4 mercenaries and geared them out in end-game stuff for fun. Obviously the other 3 will never be as good as the A2 merc fully geared, but they can still be fun to play. I personally like sticking with the A1, A3 or A5 mercs most of the time while leveling. They become useless in Hell without endgame gear though.

A1 merc you can give Faith, Ice or Passion

A3 Merc
benefits from FCR so give him Spirit sword + shield & Stealth or Vipermagi to get him to the 86 Breakpoint. Endgame wise hes pretty useless though. his spell dmg doesn't get high enough.

A5 Merc can be decent even with just a Lawbringer or crescent moon and Treachery. Then Ethereal Breath of the dying or Passion + Fortitude when you can afford it.

You can also give A1, 2 & 5 Mercs a Dream Helm for more dmg.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Act 1 Huntress with Faith is a good option especially for Bowazons.

Didn't care too much about Act3/5 mercs yet.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
A5 Barb merc is actually a nice tanker, and getting good gear for him is super cheap, but he is just outshadowed by all the awesome OP auras from A2 mercs. A3 Mercs are the worst of the lot. So if you don't care about auras at all, I would say go with the A5 Barb merc if you want to have a tank sidekick.

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Ya ive experimented with all 4 mercenaries and geared them out in end-game stuff for fun. Obviously the other 3 will never be as good as the A2 merc fully geared, but they can still be fun to play. I personally like sticking with the A1, A3 or A5 mercs most of the time while leveling. They become useless in Hell without endgame gear though.

A1 merc you can give Faith, Ice or Passion

A3 Merc
benefits from FCR so give him Spirit sword + shield & Stealth or Vipermagi to get him to the 86 Breakpoint. Endgame wise hes pretty useless though. his spell dmg doesn't get high enough.

A5 Merc can be decent even with just a Lawbringer or Crescent Moon and Treachery. Then Ethereal Breath of the Dying or Passion + Fortitude when you can afford it.

You can also give A1, 2 & 5 Mercs a Dream Helm for more dmg.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Mercs are pretty much measured by their auras, and so Might and
Conviction
are hard to beat. Faith on A1 merc is good for physical DPS, but apart from that,
Conviction
is overwhelmingly good.
OP

rikus 141

Amazon Americas PC
was wondering also if there's a difference in each merc via resistences/defense/damage
(neglecting auras)?
is there a table for this somewhere? or they're all the same? just with different looks?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

BillyMaysed 2253Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
was wondering also if there's a difference in each merc via resistences/defense/damage
Here's the Diablo Wiki Mercenary Page

Deleted User 632 0

Harmony is also fun on act 1 merc for some characters.

Deleted User 632 0

also, the act 5 merc does 2x damage while using 1 handed swords. useful info to know if you wanna try one of those.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...