Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
37 replies   7561 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
I did a test build to see and this is what I got using Phase Blades against Players 8
Baal
. Grief + Lawbringer 70.72 second TTK using
Frenzy
. Grief + Oath 67.12 TTK, Grief + Ebotd 64.95,Grief + Pheonix 66.01,Grief + Grief 55.32, and Grief + Last Wish 37.73seconds for
Frenzy
w/ A1 Faith merc using Phase Blades, Enigma, arreats, steelrends, gores Doubt the base will change it much but that's my best guess at what your offhand should be.
This is an interesting test. Thanks for posting it.

This is only relevant to Act bosses though. The crushing blow from Last Wish will melt
Baal
, but it's going to be a completely different test against clearing a large area like Cows or Chaos

I still believe that 2-handed BOTD is your best option for clearing large areas. Especially something with alot of range, like GPA or
Ghost Spear
Another thing I wanted to add...

It doesn't matter what your damage numbers look like if you don't also have good attack rating. I would shoot for at least 8000+ for PVM. Your hit chance will also improve with higher character level.
I did a test build to see and this is what I got using Phase Blades against Players 8
Baal
Frenzy
. Grief + Oath 67.12 TTK, Grief + Ebotd 64.95,Grief + Pheonix 66.01,Grief + Grief 55.32, and Grief + Last Wish 37.73seconds for
Frenzy
w/ A1 Faith merc using Phase Blades, Enigma, arreats, steelrends, gores Doubt the base will change it much but that's my best guess at what your offhand should be.
Interesting. So the combination of Might and
Fanaticism
is what makes the difference then?
rgp151 wrote: 2 years ago
Baal
Frenzy
Frenzy
Interesting. So the combination of Might and
Fanaticism
is what makes the difference then?
No had merc for all the tests but Last Wish doubled everything elses time with a Grief. And that's was with pheonix Sword not shield.. Almost makes the x3
Jah
and a
Ber
worth it to make. Lol

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Ironembraced wrote: 2 years ago
Another thing I wanted to add...

It doesn't matter what your damage numbers look like if you don't also have good attack rating. I would shoot for at least 8000+ for PVM. Your hit chance will also improve with higher character level.
True, which is why I like Act 1 Faith over Act 2 Might. I'm not sure how Act 2
Blessed Aim
fairs.
61.87 w Lawbringer 58.03 w Oath 56.88 w pheonix 56.25 w Ebotd w Last Wish 33.58 using Act 2 merc with
Blessed Aim
and Pride and . With Insight instead of Pride Add 3-5secs on each. 47.10 w x2 griefs too

Baal
Frenzy
Frenzy
This is an interesting test. Thanks for posting it.

This is only relevant to Act bosses though. The crushing blow from Last Wish will melt
Baal
, but it's going to be a completely different test against clearing a large area like Cows or Chaos

I still believe that 2-handed BOTD is your best option for clearing large areas. Especially something with alot of range, like GPA or
Ghost Spear
Definitely would be but also did that W Lawbringer 2.19sec per cow, these will all be in players 8 game on hell. Oath 1.88 Pheonix 1.79 Ebotd 1.82 Grief 1.32 Last Wish 1.47 Act 2 merc
Blessed Aim
and Insight. With A1 Faith merc Lawbringer 2.41 Oath 2.08 Pheonix 1.98 Ebotd 2.01 Grief 1.47 Last Wish 1.59 so mobs dual Grief boss Grief + Last Wish. And even with Act 2 might merc using Pride only shaved .30 off each cow barely compared to
Blessed Aim
W Insight or Faith A1 Merc. Didn't test mercs ttks though

Definitely would be but also did that W Lawbringer 2.19sec per cow, these will all be in players 8 game on hell. Oath 1.88 Pheonix 1.79 Ebotd 1.82 Grief 1.32 Last Wish 1.47 Act 2 merc
Blessed Aim
and Insight. With A1 Faith merc Lawbringer 2.41 Oath 2.08 Pheonix 1.98 Ebotd 2.01 Grief 1.47 Last Wish 1.59 so mobs dual Grief boss Grief + Last Wish. And even with Act 2 might merc using Pride only shaved .30 off each cow barely compared to
Blessed Aim
On Cows yeah, but the issue of Physical Immunity comes in (esp against Undeads like ghosts), which is where Lawbringer shines. The good news is that Lawbringer is cheap so you can just keep it around for when its needed.
Blessed Aim
Blessed Aim
On Cows yeah, but the issue of Physical Immunity comes in (esp against Undeads like ghosts), which is where Lawbringer shines. The good news is that Lawbringer is cheap so you can just keep it around for when its needed.
Slap 1 point into
Berserk
. Turns all damage to magic. And
Ghost Spear
and
Great Poleaxe
Tied on WW 8 player hell cows with 0.91

Slap 1 point into
Berserk
Ghost Spear
and
Great Poleaxe
I think I'd rather save my 3 skill points and just use Lawbringer :p Plus, in the real world, I find that Lawbringer is much more effective than switching to Berzerk. Stacked mana draining Ghosts mixed with other mobs are a PITA. I've run
The Countess
with
Frenzy
/Berzerk w/o Lawbringer and
Frenzy
using Lawbringer, and hands down using Lawbringer was way faster and easier. And if I ever get
Azurewrath
Slap 1 point into
Berserk
Ghost Spear
and
Great Poleaxe
I think I'd rather save my 3 skill points and just use Lawbringer :p Plus, in the real world, I find that Lawbringer is much more effective than switching to Berzerk. Stacked mana draining Ghosts mixed with other mods are a PITA. I've run
The Countess
with
Frenzy
/Berzerk w/o Lawbringer and
Frenzy
using Lawbringer, and hands down using Lawbringer was way faster and easier. And if I ever get
Azurewrath
Won't be home for awhile but if you want an
Azurewrath
I got you. Not perf but not complete trash either. Been in stash since I got it near launch.

Just want to add some context here. You guys are talking about
Frenzy
builds.

Lawbringer does not work with
Whirlwind

Personally I only play
Whirlwind
/
Berserk
, so I don't have any experience playing Barb with these weapons.

Either way, the optimal gear load-out is going to vary greatly between the two builds
Just want to add some context here. You guys are talking about
Frenzy
builds.

Lawbringer does not work with
Whirlwind

Personally I only play
Whirlwind
/
Berserk
, so I don't have any experience playing Barb with these weapons.

Either way, the optimal gear load-out is going to vary greatly between the two builds
Yeah, very true. The lack of procs on WW really limits it IMO. There is a lot I like about WW, but after getting the dual on-striking effects of
Frenzy
I don't think I'll ever go back to it. The points of WW is better AoE, and I do like that you can WW with a shield, but really, you end up with better AoE using
Frenzy
it seems. With
Poison Nova
Static Field
Frozen Orb
Glacial Spike
Decrepify
Amplify Damage
, and so many other really good spells procing off striking, its hard to pass up
Frenzy
. IMO, WW beats
Frenzy
hands down throughout Nightmare, but when you start getting into the high end weapons,
Frenzy
leaves WW far behind. And now they are going to make it even more powerful since they are "fixing" the cooldowns in 2.4.
Azurewrath
I got you. Not perf but not complete trash either. Been in stash since I got it near launch.
Nah, I'm good, but thanks. I'm doing self-found.
Azurewrath
Nah, I'm good, but thanks. I'm doing self-found.
Hey kudos to you for that, I usually have one Hardcore guy that I try to do that on but I'm too friendly and end up joining up with people and we just give each other the stuff we aren't using. Lol

The general consensus from guides that have been posted regarding
Frenzy
builds, put the following weapon combination above all others: Breath of the Dying
Colossus Blade
, and Death
Colossus Sword
. (Or alternatively Berserker Axes)

Indestructiblilty being a major factor

Then you would have 2x Lawbringer on weapon switch.
Yeah but guides just mean everyone looks and moves the same. I'm screwing around gonna test an Ice
Frenzy
Barb. Use a Rift in one hand Voice of Reason
Scourge
in other nightwings some cold facets and 4socket armor with facets. Hot
Holy Freeze
A2 merc with Infinity and he's got nightwings and
Ormus
just cause it's something different

Ice sounded good but couldn't get it to be viable although if you want something new to try.... Hand of Justice & Pheonix PBs, Dragon armor, +15/-15
Helm
, Highlords Gores, Soj, Dual leech ring, arachnid and steelrends. Instead of freezing flurry... ( Ice build ) Searing slashes actually worked, pretty well. Took
Baal
out in about 30seconds in 8man hell. And cows went fast too, hadn't really built it around res only had torch and anni in inventory and no WC swaps. So yeah testing on build maker, than on offline for physical trials and aside from lacking res and the BO buffs it was pretty solid through Chaos, Worldstone and Cows on Players 8. Incase someone with a bunch of runes wants to give it a shot. Merc just had basic Infinity Fort and Vamps Might aura but gonna test with
Holy Freeze
for crowd control.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...