Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3704Moderator

PC
PabloSL wrote: 1 month ago
krathkor wrote: 1 month ago
confession: i quit playing barb until 1.09(?) , when
Iron Maiden
was removed from oblivion knights....
You sure maiden was removed on 09? I believe I remember getting my ass handed to me with the barb in Chaos sanct playing that version
IM was removed from oblivion knights in 1.13c.

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
For reference, all patch notes up to and including 1.13c:
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Patch_notes_v1.01-1.13c

(I posted it earlier in this thread but it got drowned by follow-up discussions - partially my own fault lol)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3704Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
For reference, all patch notes up to and including 1.13c:
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Patch_notes_v1.01-1.13c

(I posted it earlier in this thread but it got drowned by follow-up discussions - partially my own fault lol)
That's an oddly specific cut-off point.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Diablo_I ... on_history has a somewhat more complete list. Just fyi.

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
That's an oddly specific cut-off point.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Diablo_I ... on_history has a somewhat more complete list. Just fyi.
While I agree it's a weird cut-off point, I think it's simply because diablo2.diablowiki.net patch notes page hasn't been updated since 1.13.

Besides missing the 1.14 patches (which were mostly a few crash & compatibility fixes it looks like), I think I'd rather look at that page anyway - it seems to be just the raw dump of the patch notes txt file distributed with each patch, whereas the fandom site is a htmlification of the same information, with annoying ads and auto playing movies galore (yes, yes, those can be disabled with plugins, I'm still very much not a fan of "fandom.com" 😂).

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3704Moderator

PC
Fair. I've generally always preferred wiki myself as well though it seems to be quite unstable more often than not these days. :/
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 month ago
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
...and i connect a ps4 controller to my phone
Yes, that would make it better, but the screen is still tiny and inferior to a proper monitor. Then I'd much rather just play on the PC with the same PS controller (or Xbox controller)... or on a console ;)

I've had so.e luck with GoG. But I'm not about to repay for something I payed for 20 years ago if I still have the discs.
I mean, I get not wanting to pay for something twice. But I don't mind paying a small amount for a re-released version that is ensured to work on modern platforms. Depends on the game. The convenience is worth more to me than a hard Principle, at least for some games. It's not like I do that often, just for some games.
Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Teebling 6644Admin

Europe PC
I just miss the days where there was some measure of difficulty to the game.
For me anyway, it felt harder back then because 1) the game wasn't really figured out, there was still a sense of mystery and 2) we didn't have the kind of min-max resources out there on the internet so easily available.

Yes there were some bulletin boards around and
Arreat Summit
site for the curious, but nothing like we have today with d2planner on maxroll, detailed guides explaining how to min-max your build, and dare I say it item databases like this one.

The culture has changed. We 'clocked' D2 and how to beat it the most efficient way possible. That drags down the difficulty significantly IMHO. Nothing will really bring back that feeling of the unknown now, its just a bittersweet Memory of a time that was.

OP
Teebling wrote: 1 month ago
For me anyway, it felt harder back then because 1) the game wasn't really figured out, there was still a sense of mystery and 2) we didn't have the kind of min-max resources out there on the internet so easily available.

Arreat Summit
site for the curious, but nothing like we have today with d2planner on maxroll, detailed guides explaining how to min-max your build, and dare I say it item databases like this one.

The culture has changed. We 'clocked' D2 and how to beat it the most efficient way possible. That drags down the difficulty significantly IMHO. Nothing will really bring back that feeling of the unknown now, its just a bittersweet Memory of a time that was.
I suppose that means it's time for me take the plunge into the unknown myself. To do what exactly? Uncertain, though that may be the point of new ventures.

I would like to start playing a new game, but I am having a very difficult time deciding on what exactly that game should be. Been sitting on the verge for quite some time now.

Happy hunting all you d2r people.
OP
The main problem with nostalgia, I think is that it acts as a tether, rooting you to one spot one place and time as life rolls up it's sleeves and carries on.
I started playing in 2000ish on my cousins computer. I can't say I prefer the game now vs then, but the atmosphere of act 1 when I was 12 with my bowazon and no idea what I was doing cannot be bested by all the Enigmas and
Ber
runes.

From time to time, I put the game to classic, max the volume and turn off the lights and get as close as I can to those days.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Arreat Summit

Man you got me nostalgic, I remembered when I first bought the game and played my first run with a summoner necro, gearing pure useless junk lmao, even so it was the best time I ever had with the game, cannot be repeated

I suppose that means it's time for me take the plunge into the unknown myself. To do what exactly? Uncertain, though that may be the point of new ventures.

I would like to start playing a new game, but I am having a very difficult time deciding on what exactly that game should be. Been sitting on the verge for quite some time now.

There's plenty of cool stuff out there, D2 is probably my Nº1 game, but its not the only classic I love and there's some pretty amazing new games these days even if they're surrounded by a lot of generic crap.

Currently playing CP2077 while I pause on D2 for a few months and in its current form it is such blast
OP

There's plenty of cool stuff out there, D2 is probably my Nº1 game, but its not the only classic I love and there's some pretty amazing new games these days even if they're surrounded by a lot of generic crap.

Currently playing CP2077 while I pause on D2 for a few months and in its current form it is such blast
I had such a blast playing cyberpunk 2077 a few years back. Played a melee build, it was broken.

I kinda wouldn't mind jumping back in, it ran horribly when I was playing. I'm kinda used to.that sort of thing from games though. (I play a lot of unstable games that people rarely ever heard of, and games that never got finished to begin with. Homeoftheunderdogs used to be such an awesome website back in the day)

Glad to hear you are having fun with it.

I had such a blast playing cyberpunk 2077 a few years back. Played a melee build, it was broken.

I kinda wouldn't mind jumping back in, it ran horribly when I was playing. I'm kinda used to.that sort of thing from games though. (I play a lot of unstable games that people rarely ever heard of, and games that never got finished to begin with. Homeoftheunderdogs used to be such an awesome website back in the day)

You should jump back to it, its better than ever and the DLC is awesome too
OP

You should jump back to it, its better than ever and the DLC is awesome too
Perhaps. I got nothing to lose really.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation