Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2792 views

Description

Can someone please explain to me why Blizzard doesn't add new content to D2R?

And when I say new content, I don't mean anything that would take a ton of programming.

Can you just add some more items.... You can use the same graphics, just give them different names. It doesn't have to be just godly uniques, it could be low level uniques and set items. Maybe tweak the existing set items to make them more useful.

Maybe you could add a level past hell that higher level characters could access. Maybe this new "purgatory" level could only be accessed by level 90 and above.

I feel like some of the members of this forum would be happy to donate their time and write the code for free.

Don't get me wrong, I love the re-hashed version of Diablo II, but it's getting stale really quickly.

And if some of these new items are too powerful or unbalanced, just nerf them in a patch.

And... I don't want Diablo 4. I'll be honest. It'll be like Diablo 3. I was all excited about it, bought a new PC, then the game was ultimately lame and I headed back to D2.

Don't tell me that you cant spare 1 engineer to make all these changes happen.

And no, I'm not looking forward to the Ladder. I share the same feelings as other posters here. I work, have a family, other responsibilities, etc... I don't have time to start from scratch every 4 months. If you would add content. a ladder system wouldn't feel as necessary for most players.

I mean, how hard is it to add new Cube recipes?

You guys (Blizzard) remind me of the crews working on the highways.... 1 guy working. 5 guys watching. (then yall sexually assault people)

ok I'm done. Maybe I'll find a
Ber
tonight and life will be swell.

Can be used to make Runewords:

And when I say new content, I don't mean anything that would take a ton of programming.

Can you just add some more items.... You can use the same graphics, just give them different names. It doesn't have to be just godly uniques, it could be low level uniques and set items. Maybe tweak the existing set items to make them more useful.

Maybe you could add a level past hell that higher level characters could access. Maybe this new "purgatory" level could only be accessed by level 90 and above.

I feel like some of the members of this forum would be happy to donate their time and write the code for free.

Don't get me wrong, I love the re-hashed version of Diablo II, but it's getting stale really quickly.

And if some of these new items are too powerful or unbalanced, just nerf them in a patch.

And... I don't want Diablo 4. I'll be honest. It'll be like Diablo 3. I was all excited about it, bought a new PC, then the game was ultimately lame and I headed back to D2.

Don't tell me that you cant spare 1 engineer to make all these changes happen.

And no, I'm not looking forward to the Ladder. I share the same feelings as other posters here. I work, have a family, other responsibilities, etc... I don't have time to start from scratch every 4 months. If you would add content. a ladder system wouldn't feel as necessary for most players.

I mean, how hard is it to add new Cube recipes?

You guys (Blizzard) remind me of the crews working on the highways.... 1 guy working. 5 guys watching. (then yall sexually assault people)

ok I'm done. Maybe I'll find a
Ber
tonight and life will be swell.

BillyMaysed 2203Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
Because this is a remaster and not a remake. We are extremely lucky we got as many improvements as we have and beyond lucky we are getting patch 2.4 with skill and mercenary balancing, but that's where it'll end. Possibly more character slots or a currency tab, tweaks to Dclone spawn, but no new content.

D2R is only supposed to hold players over until Diablo Immortal and Diablo 4. Blizz doesn't want people hooked on a 21y old game that doesn't bring them monthly income. Both D:I and D4 will have micro-transactions so that's where Blizz wants its player base.

Schnorki 3308Moderator

PC
The sad thing is that they ARE adding new content (runewords for now). And they are tweaking set items, skills and all that jazz.

So while it was a remake of the best game ever starting out..now that it is finally starting to run in a stable manner, Blizz is more likely than not proceeding to slowly change and ruin it, much like any other game they ever made. :/
I don't mind some QoL tweaks here and there. But beyond that, I wish they'd just leave it alone and save all of their new bad ideas for D4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Maybe tweak the existing set items to make them more useful.
They've already confirmed that they are going to do this. Read about it at https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... %20CHANGES

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Sorceress Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
The sad thing is that they ARE adding new content (runewords for now).
Considering OPs post, hes talking about actual new content not just a few new items. As in: New acts, new quests, new classes, new endgame activities, etc. A few new runewords will be cool, but thats more so balancing like they are doing with skills/mercenaries than the new content OP is talking about.

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Considering OPs post, hes talking about actual new content not just a few new items. As in: New acts, new quests, new classes, new endgame activities, etc. A few new runewords will be cool, but thats more so balancing like they are doing with skills/mercenaries than the new content OP is talking about.
Don't worry, Diablo 4 will have a subscription service to access new quests, areas, and acts. It isn't good enough to pay for a game once anymore, they want you to continually pay for it forever. :)

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Schnorki 3308Moderator

PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

Well, the items were one example of it.
They've also already said they're looking at revamping the dclone event to make it more accessible, which would go more in the non-item content direction (depending).
And they've a while ago already hinted at possibly introducing all new end game content as well.

Mind you, I'm not saying the game is perfect and couldn't use any changes (dclone being a prime example actually). But looking at how successful Blizz has been at making things "better" in the last few years, I fully expect their attempts to just break and ruin the game in record time instead. Call me a pessimist, I'll call it blatant realism by now.
Though I'll very happily be proven wrong!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Maybe they will add new kind of uber event in the future but I doubt that they will add anything completely new. They will most likely release few things here and there to keep the game going and interesting until D4 arrives. And bamn! Get us hooked to D4 or make us comeback to D2R (even D2).

Sorceress Americas PC
Mind you, I'm not saying the game is perfect and couldn't use any changes (dclone being a prime example actually). But looking at how successful Blizz has been at making things "better" in the last few years, I fully expect their attempts to just break and ruin the game in record time instead. Call me a pessimist, I'll call it blatant realism by now.
I think your fears are unfounded because they simply are not going to waste time and resources on a game that wont bring them monthly income when they have 2 other games within that same franchise releasing in the next 2 years. They are all about the dollar signs, so they are improving D2R up to a point for more sales (which we are now at, minus Dclone tweaking and tiny QoL) and then focusing all resources on D:I and D4. Its the smart thing to do from a business perspective.

Be careful what you wish for; it's early days yet! Sometimes it's amazing to think D2R's only been out for a few months...

As for "getting stale"... I feel that this is a stark difference between modern and yester-year attitudes towards games. How can we clamour for constant content updates while in the very same thread complain about subscription models and be extremely (fairly) circumspect of future development decisions? Fervently, no doubt.

I'm of the disposition that I'm fully in control of the value I derive from games, so blaming a game for making me bored of it is a bit of an oxymoron. I don't mean to say this is/should be a universally held mindset (and I'm certainly not trying to insult you).

Really, I'd like to appreciate D2R for what it is to me: A window to the past. A (not completely, it seems) solved game with extremely well-discussed mechanics, volatile marketplace, and long history. It's very interesting to see how it meshes with our current times -- massive marketplaces, ad-ridden wikis all up over my search results, great community expectations for content delivery / balance / ladder / servers / etc.... Just interesting to be a part of, tbh.

For my part, I desire UX improvements above basically anything else. Lobby browser, LAN, mod support (path of diablo etc.), max items on screen, spawn mechanics, etc.

Don't give me new Diablo. Give me old Diablo, better.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Realism is just a fancy word for pessimism. Correct Realism would mean you would expect both outcomes because you don't know enough exact details to favour one outcome. The extreme discrepancy of outcome between Blizzards last Remaster WC3 Reforge and D2R shows me, that nothing set in Stone and i like most of the Ideas in the developer stream.
New content sounds nice, but that's not what I want from D2R developers.

What I want more than anything, is a way to play 1.09 again, more specifically in D2 Classic. (which I don't believe anyone at all plays now in D2R)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...