Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   179 views

Description

This is a great idea considering the number of people on the forum who've been looking for groups to run with,

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 922

Americas PC
This is a great idea considering the number of people on the forum who've been looking for groups to run with,

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
mhlg wrote: 1 week ago
Exactly. And before I reached out to the D2IO team about this...I did a quick forum query, and there were a handful of prior discord posts that were sporadic, and lost throughout. So this all came from a place of visibility for the community to have optionality and choice.

OP

mhlg 922

Americas PC
Th3ory wrote: 1 week ago
Exactly. And before I reached out to the D2IO team about this...I did a quick forum query, and there were a handful of prior discord posts that were sporadic, and lost throughout. So this all came from a place of visibility for the community to have optionality and choice.
Have you considered how it will be structured? I suspect the lack of some kind of structure is why it never occurred at D2.
Io

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
Have you considered how it will be structured?
What did you mean here exactly? This stickied thread? If so, per Schnorki's comment above; simply following those guidelines and anyone should/can feel compelled to post their server here for folks to discover/join if they so choose.

OP

mhlg 922

Americas PC
Th3ory wrote: 1 week ago
Have you considered how it will be structured?
What did you mean here exactly? This stickied thread? If so, per Schnorki's comment above; simply following those guidelines and anyone should/can feel compelled to post their server here for folks to discover/join if they so choose.
Sorry for being unclear. I was thinking of something similar to how the Members of The Jury set up their Discord group encounters/runs which is quite structured. Usually it involves a member taking the initiative to schedule a run using a graphical user interface. Members can review the date and time of an upcoming run, and then if it fits their schedule, click a join button to be counted. Once the run is filled then those who missed the opportunity for one run can go to the next available run which is in the same approximate time slot. How something like that will connect the forum and Discord is another matter entirely.

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
@mhlg - got it - and yes good system and have seen a few around. I don't have something like that actively setup since I'm getting mine off the Ground, but as scale/demand dictates, I'm going to create quality of life as a solution. Something I will actively look into.

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
I went ahead and branched this discussion out of the discord listing topic:
forums/hub-for-discovering-diablo-commu ... 91471.html
(For reference, so folks know where this came from/how it started)

Simply in the interest of keeping the original topic more to the point and readable for folks looking for communities rather than general discussion surrounding them.

Do feel free to carry on here. :)
OP

mhlg 922

Americas PC
Strange, if I click on the topic link to the left of the thread title then everything shows up and I can reply to it, but click on the title thread and it goes nowhere? Okay Schnorki what are trying pull? LOL

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Yeah..bit of a mystery, sorry about that. The 'topic link' somehow got broken by the split function, resulting in some navigation to this topic working and other ways not so much. From what I can tell, clicking on the topic name within the forums is the only broken one. Latest discussion works, the latest post arrow works, going in via profile posts works, ..

Teebling has already been informed so we can hopefully get this fixed soon. :)

Edit: Fixed.
OP

mhlg 922

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 week ago
Yeah..bit of a mystery, sorry about that. The 'topic link' somehow got broken by the split function, resulting in some navigation to this topic working and other ways not so much. From what I can tell, clicking on the topic name within the forums is the only broken one. Latest discussion works, the latest post arrow works, going in via profile posts works, ..

Teebling has already been informed so we can hopefully get this fixed soon. :)

Edit: Fixed.
It might be a good idea to delete this entire thread. It doesn't really serve a purpose, and is little more than unneeded clutter. :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...