18 replies   3264 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Yeah good choice, that
Helm
is ugly as fu** though, take a screen shot without it! :P

Ravoc 123

PC
Screams too much price-gouging-nvidia for my liking... :)

Bisu 369

PC
So the armor also provides fake abs... interesting
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Used to be very common for parade armors of political leaders. Somewhat silly on real battle gear.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
iamergo wrote: 1 year ago
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Used to be very common for parade armors of political leaders. Somewhat silly on real battle gear.
Maybe today, seeing how abs tend to not stop bullets.
But (waaaay) back in the day, where battle was all about "simple" hand to hand combat (prior to "true armor engineering", from deflection through absorption), abs = perceived strength = intimidation = makes sense for battle gear to provide solid fake abs, even though there's precious few examples of going all out on that. The square gapped padding you see on some samurai armors and the horizontal "stripes" on some roman battle armor for example though are both quite reminiscent of it. Whereas your average European knight often times just looked like a chubby little walking can.

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
I won't pretend to be an expert on the subject, but I think I've heard that medieval plate armor should ideally be curved with as smooth surface as possible, to be better at deflecting blows (and the curved shape would probably make the armor stronger in general, too?). You don't want your armor to absorb the full force of an attack, you want it to deflect the attack to the sides or down so only a portion of the force is absorbed. Those "abs" would just help to catch a blow, wheres a smooth surface would deflect the blow downwards or to the side. Also one of the reasons why "boob armor" is probably idiotic in practice (another being that they are probably downright dangerous, if you fall over and land on your chest). Buuuut I'm definitely no expert on armor, soo... don't take what I wrote at face value :P

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah good choice, that
Helm
is ugly as fu** though, take a screen shot without it! :P
here, much prettier! xD

Please submit an offer BEFORE you add me on BNet.
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
LeviathanLeviathan.jpg
do you like my green lantern cosplay? ;p

Please submit an offer BEFORE you add me on BNet.

ShadowHeart 1721Moderator

Europe PC
*facepalm*

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Ravoc 123

PC
With that
Horned Helm
, it looks like a buff Loki parody lol

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I won't pretend to be an expert on the subject, but I think I've heard that medieval plate armor should ideally be curved with as smooth surface as possible, to be better at deflecting blows (and the curved shape would probably make the armor stronger in general, too?). You don't want your armor to absorb the full force of an attack, you want it to deflect the attack to the sides or down so only a portion of the force is absorbed. Those "abs" would just help to catch a blow, wheres a smooth surface would deflect the blow downwards or to the side. Also one of the reasons why "boob armor" is probably idiotic in practice (another being that they are probably downright dangerous, if you fall over and land on your chest). Buuuut I'm definitely no expert on armor, soo... don't take what I wrote at face value :P
The real threat were maces: no one like having theirs bones crushed.
The breast plates were curved to absorb blunt shocks, and knights who wore plate armors also wore a thick leather jacket under thoses plates.
As a side note: the design is unisex, there is enough space under to accomodate any cup sizes.
That why any fantasy female design with breasts is useless and even probably counter productive.
Armour for Gustav I of Sweden by Kunz Lochner, c. 1540 - Source: Wikipedia
Em24x7 wrote: 1 year ago
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
LeviathanLeviathan.jpg
do you like my green lantern cosplay? ;p
Loki? Is that you?

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
On barb, best looking armors imo are
Kraken Shell
n
Shadow Plate
. Not that crap-shouldered
Sacred Armor
, of course. Standart color works just fine - but here, I'm surprised the head isn't something green -
Shako
, or
Vampire
, something.
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
that crap-shouldered
Sacred Armor
My last
Lo
rune recently found this out the hard way :P
Shadow Plate
looks so much better!

Dishonorable mention goes to the design for the
Great Hauberk
, too (what were they thinking?)

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
undertow wrote: 1 year ago
Dishonorable mention goes to the design for the
Great Hauberk
, too (what were they thinking?)
Skipping leg day has been an common oversight for centuries. 😆

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
Skipping leg day has been an common oversight for centuries. 😆
LOL

Nothing like going out for battle and realizing you're wearing armor on top and a shower towel on the bottom >_<

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
the
Splint Mail
variant is the best looking to me.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...