Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   3014 views

Description

For those who are planning to play Ladder Season 1 — are you going solo or with a group?

Personally for every past ladder I played in D2 classic, I always ran solo but I think this time around I’m going to try running with a group. Unfortunately, most of my Bnet friends who play D2R have no intention of playing ladder.

I’d like to form a small group so if anyone is interested in running with me or are looking for a Barb player for their group in The Americas, just send me a DM here.

What about you guys — solo or group?
Description by LuckyAce

Can be used to make Runewords:

For those who are planning to play Ladder Season 1 — are you going solo or with a group?

Personally for every past ladder I played in D2 classic, I always ran solo but I think this time around I’m going to try running with a group. Unfortunately, most of my Bnet friends who play D2R have no intention of playing ladder.

I’d like to form a small group so if anyone is interested in running with me or are looking for a Barb player for their group in The Americas, just send me a DM here.

What about you guys — solo or group?

I'll just level with randoms and go farming on my own past level 80, which probably falls in the "solo" category.

But good luck finding a stable group, man! Hope you join a good one.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
I'll just level with randoms and go farming on my own past level 80, which probably falls in the "solo" category.
This. Only raising a ladder char as a farmer/clone hunter anyways with no intention of joining the lvling race in any meaningful way.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
This. Only raising a ladder char as a farmer/clone hunter anyways with no intention of joining the lvling race in any meaningful way.
I more or less just want a group to play with that doesn’t care about the race to 99. Biggest reason I’m playing ladder is to test out Wisdom on a Barb, and just to start fresh in a new economy

LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
I more or less just want a group to play with that doesn’t care about the race to 99. Biggest reason I’m playing ladder is to test out Wisdom on a Barb, and just to start fresh in a new economy
A throw barb, I gather? That's a sweet cause!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Ok, I just have to ask..in a world where Arreat's and such exist, why Wisdom?!?
Throw barb I suppose would kind of make sense as one of the few sources of
Pierce
. But beyond that, I'm confused. :)
OP
Pierce
You’re both correct. I plan to test this on a Physical Throw Barb with 2
Warshrike
’s. I want to see how much piercing attack I can get on him. Also, if Wisdom is made in a nice Barb Skiller
Helm
, it has the potential to be a great alternative to Arreat’s face, especially because it’s a mid-lvl runeword.

I've played D2 solo for most of my life so this time will be no different :)

After i beat
Baal
solo at lvl 70-75, I will keep doing P8
Baal
or CS runs probably.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Pierce
Warshrike
’s. I want to see how much piercing attack I can get on him. Also, if Wisdom is made in a nice Barb Skiller
Helm
, it has the potential to be a great alternative to Arreat’s face, especially because it’s a mid-lvl runeword.
Admittedly, I never looked into whether or not piercing is a "only when used to attack" or "general" kind of stat but in the latter case, dual
Warshrike
alone would put you at 100 and you're set. Wisdom wouldn't help any further.
If it is on-attack, then shrike + Wisdom +
Razortail
would put you beyond 100 as well.
OP
Pierce
Warshrike
Helm
Admittedly, I never looked into whether or not piercing is a "only when used to attack" or "general" kind of stat but in the latter case, dual
Warshrike
Razortail
Yep, and this is exactly why I want to test things out with Wisdom 😉

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

Warshrike
Helm
Warshrike
Razortail
Don't get me wrong, not going against your Wisdom idea (worst case, it opens up more possibilities) but the shrike adding you can test without it. :D
OP
Warshrike
Razortail
Don't get me wrong, not going against your Wisdom idea (worst case, it opens up more possibilities) but the shrike adding you can test without it. :D
You’re right, and there’s always a chance I won’t be able to get
Warshrike
’s either. So at the very least to want to test Wisdom regardless of whether I do or don’t.

I can’t say for certain how popular the Throw Barb will be for ladder S1, but if by chance it turns out to be, getting
Warshrike
’s will be harder than expected.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Even if it doesn't suck, it'll be nowhere near top tiers for farming or speed-clearing (which is the initial go-tos) so...you're probably fine. ;)
OP
Even if it doesn't suck, it'll be nowhere near top tiers for farming or speed-clearing (which is the initial go-tos) so...you're probably fine. ;)
That doesn’t really matter to me 😉. I prefer to take this game at my own pace. Barbs are good for that sort of thing, or well, at least the builds I decide to play anyway haha.

If I cared about clear speed I’d play a Sorc or Pally, and while I have played a Pally in the past, it was for all of 5 minutes before I was like “nah.” But I’ve never played a Sorc, ever. Not for me.

But wowww we went off topic (sorry guys!).

But in addition to what you’re planning to do for ladder, solo or group, do you guys have any goals for ladder S1?

i always try to get a group together for easier trading early game.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
That doesn’t really matter to me 😉. I prefer to take this game at my own pace. Barbs are good for that sort of thing, or well, at least the builds I decide to play anyway haha.

If I cared about clear speed I’d play a Sorc or Pally, and while I have played a Pally in the past, it was for all of 5 minutes before I was like “nah.” But I’ve never played a Sorc, ever. Not for me.

But in addition to what you’re planning to do for ladder, solo or group, do you guys have any goals for ladder S1?
Oh, I'm all for going at your rate, don't get me wrong. Was merely saying that you probably won't have too much competition for your two warshrikes and should get them easily enough :)
OP

Oh, I'm all for going at your rate, don't get me wrong. Was merely saying that you probably won't have too much competition for your two warshrikes and should get them easily enough :)
You never know, the market works in mysterious ways :)

As an PSN player I have not much options than going solo.

LF
Arachnid Mesh

Shimmering Small Charm
Lion Branded Grand Charm

SC NL PSN

Bnet: please don't

Blessed Hammer
Spammer
Level 92 with The Green
Shako

Lightning Fury
bender
Level 84 with budget gear
I'll play with my wife on 2 PlayStation and 2 Bnet-Accounts, starting with 2 Sorcs and after first findings and trades, I will start a Ladder-Horker asap.

In general, we both prefer to play with other friendly and relaxed players.

Stood Awhile and listend.

PSN: Seltsem
PSN: Wiesenliese
PC: Inkunzi#2318

Only trading items for items - no RMT, no FG.

To trade on PlayStation, it is not necessary to first send and confirm a friend request
I don't really enjoy an over-organized run-through; so I probably would join random rooms with people in it and run through it, just like it was back in the days. It's not like I'm racing with anyone, I'd rather just enjoy it on my own pace.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation