Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   4256 views

Description

I'm currently developing my summon Necro and preparing it to
Uber Tristram
. I watched some guide videos and have an idea how to proceed but getting a Beast is a little bit problematic because of the price. So, if I try to maximize the RS and SM with King Leoric, +3 SS amulet, shrunken head and
Coronet
will it be similar effect when it compared to Beast's
Fanaticism
aura? I know that if I had a Beast, I can use it combined with this set up as well but without Beast, is it possible to make ubers?

Thanks in advance for the oppinions.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm currently developing my summon Necro and preparing it to
Uber Tristram
. I watched some guide videos and have an idea how to proceed but getting a Beast is a little bit problematic because of the price. So, if I try to maximize the RS and SM with King Leoric, +3 SS amulet, shrunken head and
Coronet
will it be similar effect when it compared to Beast's
Fanaticism
aura? I know that if I had a Beast, I can use it combined with this set up as well but without Beast, is it possible to make ubers?

Thanks in advance for the oppinions.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
The bad news is:
No, it won't be. Even with a Beast you can still switch to better stats for initial summoning. And since a necro can't re-summon mid-
Tristram
, it makes no difference afterwards for the skeletons you keep. Though leoric vs. Beast can give you an extra
Skeleton
or two which do make a difference.

The good news is:
You don't need a Beast to make it past Ubers. They're perfectly doable without it albeit a tad slower and less forgiving.

The main benefit of Beast in ubers isn't so much the damage increase for your skeletons (which you might otherwise offset with persistent +skills resulting in an extra
Skeleton
or two) but rather the attack speed increase for your revives and your merc. They are the ones that bring in the crushing blow and having that come in faster can significantly improve your kill time and by extension rate of success.
Summon necro vs. ubers is essentially a race against the clock. If you can kill your target before you lose to many summons, you win. If not, you don't, have to give up, run for the hills, re-summon everything and try again.

Do you have an Enigma though? That's the one truly critical piece in my opinion (though technically it could be made up for with tele charges). If you don't have tele to reposition your army and telestomp the right target, the whole thing becomes a giant slot machine with odds that are very much not in your favor.
Good Insight Schnorki.

Basic - You can add in your favorites a search for Beast and Faith. If you are lucky, you might find a low one from someone hoping to sell fast. Rogues can now equip Amazon Bows (with Faith built in).

To
Teleport
while leveling, I usually use Spellsteal as secondary weapon.

good day !

Merci !
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
The bad news is:
No, it won't be. Even with a Beast you can still switch to better stats for initial summoning. And since a necro can't re-summon mid-
Tristram
, it makes no difference afterwards for the skeletons you keep. Though leoric vs. Beast can give you an extra
Skeleton
or two which do make a difference.

The good news is:
You don't need a Beast to make it past Ubers. They're perfectly doable without it albeit a tad slower and less forgiving.

The main benefit of Beast in ubers isn't so much the damage increase for your skeletons (which you might otherwise offset with persistent +skills resulting in an extra
Skeleton
or two) but rather the attack speed increase for your revives and your merc. They are the ones that bring in the crushing blow and having that come in faster can significantly improve your kill time and by extension rate of success.
Summon necro vs. ubers is essentially a race against the clock. If you can kill your target before you lose to many summons, you win. If not, you don't, have to give up, run for the hills, re-summon everything and try again.

Do you have an Enigma though? That's the one truly critical piece in my opinion (though technically it could be made up for with tele charges). If you don't have tele to reposition your army and telestomp the right target, the whole thing becomes a giant slot machine with odds that are very much not in your favor.
Thanks for the great Insight. I have Enigma so telestomp part is not a problem.

If I somhow manage to get a Beast then the best scenario for ubers is with King's arm and other +3 SS stuff, create as high level skellies and revives as possible, then switch to CTA to max life, then switch to Beast to max damage and speed. Of course, revives have 3 minutes so, you're right. This odds against the clock. And I should probably make no mistake with telestomping and seperating ubers.

And I'm planning to go with Gface, Obedience and Treachery as Merc gear with
Life Tap
. Does this work or should I choose, for example Reaper's Toll for its Decrep proc?

OP
Wcla wrote: 2 years ago
Good Insight Schnorki.

Basic - You can add in your favorites a search for Beast and Faith. If you are lucky, you might find a low one from someone hoping to sell fast. Rogues can now equip Amazon Bows (with Faith built in).

To
Teleport
while leveling, I usually use Spellsteal as secondary weapon.

good day !
I'd like to keep Might aura so Faith is not possible I guess.

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Well, you can wear the Faith yourself and still keep might.

As for the merc gear, play around with that a bit. Plenty of options that work out. Though I would suggest you take a look at Duress for him because you don't want to end up not having any open wounds.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Well, you can wear the Faith yourself and still keep might.

As for the merc gear, play around with that a bit. Plenty of options that work out. Though I would suggest you take a look at Duress for him because you don't want to end up not having any open wounds.
Yes you're right. But is
Life Tap
enough for LL? If it is then I can try so many different options.

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Normal leech doesn't work much there anyways so
Life Tap
is your only option.

That having been said, I for one tended to do better with just throwing up decrep and killing before leech became a problem.

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
I'd always use Beast for summoner (btw, even got extra one in
Double Axe
for sale) - want minions to be faster, helps alot. Esp if you get skilled n reposition em swift enough.
Will do ubers as well, but 1st I'm gonna raise either Infinity or Pride
Iron Golem
(one for golem, another one merc'll be holdin).
And think I'll need a
Decrepify
for the cause as well. No mobs should be faster than summoner 🙂 especially when it comes to ubers

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...