7 replies   3190 views

New Korean interview with Rob Gallerani about the future of D2R

No data yet

Description

https://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?n ... te=diablo2

Google translate link:

https://m-inven-co-kr.translate.goog/we ... ax,nv,elem

Some things in there I found interesting:

1. Future QoL additions being considered (gem/potion stacking)
2. Desync/rubberband improvements
3. Cross-play being considered
4. Ladder records (I’m guessing something similar to D3 where it records your performance/stats in old ladders)

There’s some other stuff in there too that I didn’t list, but these stood out to me. A lot of the same “focusing on stable launch/ladder start then considering changes after”, but overall pretty interesting article I think.

Can be used to make Runewords:

https://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?n ... te=diablo2

Google translate link:

https://m-inven-co-kr.translate.goog/we ... ax,nv,elem

Some things in there I found interesting:

1. Future QoL additions being considered (gem/potion stacking)
2. Desync/rubberband improvements
3. Cross-play being considered
4. Ladder records (I’m guessing something similar to D3 where it records your performance/stats in old ladders)

There’s some other stuff in there too that I didn’t list, but these stood out to me. A lot of the same “focusing on stable launch/ladder start then considering changes after”, but overall pretty interesting article I think.
1. Neutral. While I don’t need gem/rune stacking, I’ll take it if they are offering :)

2. Good. Fixes that NHAM “bug” Blizzard is claiming to be associated with de syncing.

3. Good. The bigger the base we all have access to, the better it is for the longevity of the game.

4. Neutral. I truly don’t care about ladder unless something really worthwhile is tied to it.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
For the most part i'm okay with all of these.

I know there are many advocates of gem/rune stacking but my 2 primary concerns are:
  • 1. How this might affect duping. Lets not be naive, the odds are that someone, somewhere will find a way to do this.
  • Previousy, when an item was duped, 1 item became 2 items. Now what if someone dupes a stack of 20 Bers? 20 items became 40 items? Much more rapid inflation?
  • 2. Inflation of the value of bulk items. "40 pgems", "40 Rals", etc as this was based on inventory space (not a big deal, just curious to see what will happen)

Read through the whole article. It seems that the absolute priority right now is stability (likely to prevent another D3 launch disaster) Some other highlights that stuck out to me are…..

A. When interviewer asked Blizzard about “Endgame” content, Blizzard stated that it IS considering adding new content.

B. When asked about ladder length and themes, Blizzard said it will be shorter than 6 months and that they will “not exclude new content.”

C. When asked about bots and other forms of chesting, Blizzard says they have the new Bnet (which we knew) to help with copy/paste items but have also worked very hard on stoping the “source” of the cheating.

D. Even though it’s the worst version, Switch version will still have a better frame rate than the original LoD and is capable of up to 30fps. Special attention was given to portable mode to make it work well.

E. Later on, if PC players join Blizzard’s “rooms” (lobbies??) there will be something special for you there. Blizzard will announce what that means later.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
BMAY wrote: 2 years ago
For the most part i'm okay with all of these.

I know there are many advocates of gem/rune stacking but my 2 primary concerns are:
  • 1. How this might affect duping. Lets not be naive, the odds are that someone, somewhere will find a way to do this.
  • Previousy, when an item was duped, 1 item became 2 items. Now what if someone dupes a stack of 20 Bers? 20 items became 40 items? Much more rapid inflation?
I wouldn't be as concerned with the duping aspect. Anyone who finds a working dupe method would already be using it to the extent needed to fulfill their purposes. Be that dupe items to sell or to trade. They are still limited to the # of people to buy/trade with. Unless they can increase that, they could dupe everything a million times, but that doesn't give them any additional benefit. Unless they are duping to just give away and purposely ruin the economy, I don't see it mattering much. Also anyone duping on a large scale is probably using a bot to do it for them anyway.
[*]2. Inflation of the value of bulk items. "40 pgems", "40 Rals", etc as this was based on inventory space (not a big deal, just curious to see what will happen)[/list]
I'm thinking it'll be the opposite. Normally as time goes on the value of an item goes down due to the increase of supply, the rune (or # of runes) it was worth would change. For instance an item that might have sold for an
Um
is now valued at a
Pul
With stacks, it would become viable to make pgems the currency of the game, and as the price of items decreases over time, 1 or 2 gems can be removed from it's value rather than what might be 10, 20, or 40 pgems in the past.

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Noemard wrote: 2 years ago
Normally as time goes on the value of an item goes down due to the increase of supply .... For instance an item that might have sold for an
Um
is now valued at a
Pul
With stacks, it would become viable to make pgems the currency of the game, and as the price of items decreases over time, 1 or 2 gems can be removed from it's value rather than what might be 10, 20, or 40 pgems in the past.
I just mean inflation as the general fall in the purchasing value of money/PGEMS compared to historic data. As in what used to be '40' due to limitations will begin to start off closer to 50,60,70 etc.
An example would be people who buy PGEMS for craft materials; would say, spend an
Um
rune for 40 Pgems. Now that people can amass much more than 40, the trend might change so that an
Um
rune buys 60-80.

Especially considering Pgems are the easiest attainable currency, and even players who ultimately play too inefficiently to amass high runes, often have very large amounts of pgems.

Of course, as time goes on and overall supply of items increases the value of items will decline all around still. This is really separate in my mind, compared to the discussion of where prices start.

Edit: and this isnt also to say that such a change as I explain above would be 100% negative. Just an impact worthy of consideration.

1. I'm all in for gems/runes stacking. It will be way faster to trade for them if you're crafting. Waiting to fill a full inventory is a pain in the... Also storage, since it's way better than original D2 but not quite D3 in capacity. I wish I could collect all
Eth
uniques without making 20 mules.

2. Stability and sync are always important.

3. Crossplay would be VERY welcome for me, since most of my friends only play on consoles while I'm on PC.

4. Ladder records could be interesting as well!
Noemard wrote: 2 years ago
Normally as time goes on the value of an item goes down due to the increase of supply .... For instance an item that might have sold for an
Um
is now valued at a
Pul
I just mean inflation as the general fall in the purchasing value of money/PGEMS compared to historic data. As in what used to be '40' due to limitations will begin to start off closer to 50,60,70 etc.
An example would be people who buy PGEMS for craft materials; would say, spend an
Um
rune for 40 Pgems. Now that people can amass much more than 40, the trend might change so that an
Um
rune buys 60-80.

Especially considering Pgems are the easiest attainable currency, and even players who ultimately play too inefficiently to amass high runes, often have very large amounts of pgems.

Of course, as time goes on and overall supply of items increases the value of items will decline all around still. This is really separate in my mind, compared to the discussion of where prices start.

Edit: and this isnt also to say that such a change as I explain above would be 100% negative. Just an impact worthy of consideration.
Ah, yeah, makes sense. It could affect the initial price of items, although idk how much. At least personally, I don't stop to think of comprable values of what is being traded as much as just knowing what the current market rate, because in the end that is all that matter (ie my opinion on value doesn't matter if everyone else is buying/selling at the market price). So maybe there are items that are traded under value due to the trade window size limitations. But the value of a pgem itself isn't going to change just because they stack. If the consensus is that if day 1 of ladder, if an
Um
or
Pul
is worth 40 gems before in legacy d2, it should still be in d2r with stacking.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...