Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   4892 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

fishymancer can do the game with next to no gear

i started d2r with trapper, pretty tough and partly because I'm not familiar with her play style

hammerdin is pretty ok, you can do end game content with stuff you can buy with pgems like wizard spikes and cheap runewords etc
Like others have said, Sorc, but I tend to stray from the pack here and go with
Hydra
/ Orb. All the points you put into
Fireball
early aren't wasted, and you don't need to worry about respecing when you get to NM/ Hell.

Hydra
is a very safe playstyle that will kill things that are not fire immune off screen for you, so you can worry less about being mobbed and killed, and it's easier to MF with then Blizzard. Orb is for the fire immune and is a low point investment as you only need to put points into
Cold Mastery
to get to 100% with gear. The rest of the points can go into fire.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Draksen wrote: 2 years ago
My son made 2 months ago a lightning assassin in single player mode D2LoD. It was really fun until act 1 hell, then he stopped because of the lightning immunes. So I guess the lighting sorc may face the same "wall" ?
According to the poll on the main page, 40% of the players are tempted by a sorc as 1st character. How do you plan to play it, dual elements?
Reading this, i think you don't mean "viable" but "uncomplicated" instead. You want a character that can face everything without knowing what are you up against. Lightning Assassin or Lightning Sorc are very viable and strong but need to play around those immunities.

There are 2 solution, you can take characters that play around that like Summon Necro (Lower Physical Resist with
Amplify Damage
and
Corpse Explosion
) or Hammerdin (Magic Immunities are very rare). This enough if you just want to get through the game.

The Second Solution is the change of you own mindset and try to understand the game and you character better and take action according the situation (it is not required to kill every Mob in the game to beat hell and almost every character has tools for crowd control). Then can almost all builds be "viable", even a Necromancer with a
Poison Dagger

Here is is Video of MrLLamaSC Preparing for Hell:
I went against the grain of hammerdins and sorcs and my first playthrough was
Frenzy
Barb. Dumping points into
Double Swing
till
Frenzy
comes online and picking up the one point wonders till you finish
Frenzy
and start pumping
Battle Orders
. Easy runeword gear from countess and cows...Lore, Stealth, Black, strenght, Malice. Anything problematic just
Howl
it away, if
Howl
isn't working it's becuase player level+
Howl
skill is less than mobs, so just farm a previous area till you level. Only immunity of note physical and that is easily solved with 1 point in
Berserk

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...