Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   3368 views

Description

Is there a fix for this scenario? Not sure if I have any option other than to restart this character :x

So I made a public room to run A2 in Nightmare and ended up sitting afk in Sewers for something I needed to do. When I got back to my computer, I totally didn't pay attention to the game and just exited. Next time I logged in, I noticed
Atma
with an exclamation mark over her head, and she talks to me about thanking me for completing the
Radament
quest. I never picked up the
Book of Skill
in that public room. When I meet
Radament
again, he doesn't drop it either. The game is not recognizing that my character didn't get that. I have 47 base skill points invested at level 43, with only Normal mode
Radament
/
Izual
done. If I can't redeem the
Book of Skill
, I'll need to delete this character and start over :(

Thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

Is there a fix for this scenario? Not sure if I have any option other than to restart this character :x

So I made a public room to run A2 in Nightmare and ended up sitting afk in Sewers for something I needed to do. When I got back to my computer, I totally didn't pay attention to the game and just exited. Next time I logged in, I noticed
Atma
with an exclamation mark over her head, and she talks to me about thanking me for completing the
Radament
quest. I never picked up the
Book of Skill
in that public room. When I meet
Radament
again, he doesn't drop it either. The game is not recognizing that my character didn't get that. I have 47 base skill points invested at level 43, with only Normal mode
Radament
/
Izual
done. If I can't redeem the
Book of Skill
, I'll need to delete this character and start over :(

Thanks
Answeredby Khegan2 years agoGo to post
Can you try joining a public game with someone else that hasn't done the quest? Maybe two books will drop this way.

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a character to be 'ruined' (i.e. permanently losing skills); If you don't have it, it should give it to you.

I'd recount my skills if I were you, because what you're saying is impossible; At level 43 you should have earned 42 skills by leveling, so where do the other 5 skill points come from, if you've only done
Radament
normal and
Izual
? That's just 3 points.

Edit: If you do count the points and it still doesn't add up, and killing
Radament
really doesn't give it to you, maybe we can try something with having a mule launch the quest for you (assuming you have an high level sorc or something to bring the mule there).

Khegan 376

Can you try joining a public game with someone else that hasn't done the quest? Maybe two books will drop this way.
This post was marked as the best answer.
OP
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
That did the trick. Exactly. Perfect, thank you!

Did it twice in single player, once with some random lobby name and then once privately, both failed. Then when I joined someone else who didn't have it done yet, we got 2 books dropped. What a weird occurrence.

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...