Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   3374 views

Description

Currently wearing
Skullder's Ire
for the MF and because I can afford the Str requirements.

Other than Viper Magi, what armor would you recommend for a blizz sorc?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Currently wearing
Skullder's Ire
for the MF and because I can afford the Str requirements.

Other than Viper Magi, what armor would you recommend for a blizz sorc?

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
For MF purposes, Skullder's is as good as it gets.

If you're after raw damage, a Blizz
Ormus
is your preferred choice.

If you're looking for defense (res)/allrounders and/or need that extra bit of FCR, then you're looking at CoH and Viper respectively.

Some folks swear by Enigma but I can't in good conscience endorse that for any sorc build. :D

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP
Ormus
looks really good, but am I going overkill with the +Ice damage?

Currently have a
Death's Fathom
and a Nightwing and can completely decimate anything that isn't cold immune.

Does it make sense to just stick with skullder's?
Tal
's armor+amy+
Belt
is all you need.

there's high defense, 3 elemental resistances, fcr bonuses and MF bonuses what is there not to like.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
For MF purposes, Skullder's is as good as it gets.

If you're after raw damage, a Blizz
Ormus
is your preferred choice.

If you're looking for defense (res)/allrounders and/or need that extra bit of FCR, then you're looking at CoH and Viper respectively.

Some folks swear by Enigma but I can't in good conscience endorse that for any sorc build. :D
I was the same, until I tried it and the +str to char level... WOW just WOW, it really makes a huge difference to save all those str points that you need to equip Spirit
Monarch
and to be able to dump in stam or intel whatever your pleasure is.
OP
^Are you talking about Enigma?

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Akoto wrote: 2 years ago
Ormus
looks really good, but am I going overkill with the +Ice damage?

Currently have a
Death's Fathom
and a Nightwing and can completely decimate anything that isn't cold immune.

Does it make sense to just stick with skullder's?

Clear speed (so more dmg, less downtime, faster cast, ..) always needs to be weighed against defense and MF.
Generally speaking, most MF builds get enough def just randomly along the way so you rarely need to focus anything on that. And MF then becomes the 2nd thing you focus on, after clear speed.

That holds true up to a point. Eventually, you reach a clear speed that just doesn't get much better (if everything explodes instantly, there's no point to having more dmg). At that point, you then shift your focus towards more MF (aka Skullder's) instead.

That is a very generalized description mind you. Depending on your build and farming areas, there's clear cut-off points where more dmg is worth it but unless you can add enough to hit that point, dmg along the way doesn't make a difference. An easy example of that is something like a
Nova
cow farmer. You can very easily get to the point where 4 casts kill a normal cow (using PTR numbers here because I haven't run oldschool
Nova
in ages). You then have a bit of farming to do where replacing one or two pieces for more dmg makes no difference because you still need 4 casts. If you're in that stage, you might as well leave that extra dmg gear in your stash and keep MF. Then eventually, you get enough to where 3 casts kill a cow. That's where you see a real difference and when you want to equip all of that dmg gear to make it happen. And after that point, you again shift your interim focus towards more MF until you get enough of the true top-end gear to kill them in 2.
But if you run say CS as a blizz sorc and everything but Diablo blows up in 1 hit anyways...then yeah, you already hit that "breakpoint" and you really wanna focus primarily on MF (or faster cast for travel time, if you aren't at 105 yet).

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
I use
Tal Rasha
laquered plate
Belt
amulet combo. but Enigma would be the rich mans way to save strength and dump it into life. if neither, i feel skullder's is the best choice. if you have a few skillers anni torch, you can use more mf because things just die quickly anyway. i chose
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
because of the defense and resists making it my personal choice over skullders

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...