diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3556 views

Description

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... d_changes/
Blizzard wrote:
PezRadar Community Manager

Hi all -

We have seen a bunch of discussion and some confusion regarding some of the changes in PTR for the WW and WB attack speed. The dev team wanted to get a note out regarding the motivations behind this change and some clarification. You can read that below.

Since the Druid was introduced in 2001, the attack speed calculation for
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms has been… quirky. The attack speed contributions of the equipped weapon were used multiple times in the calculation, giving them more than twice the impact compared with other attack speed calculations. This quirky calculation involving the weapon attack speed would also ignore the usual IAS
Cap
.In the PTR, we have changed the attack speed calculation for
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms to match other attack speed calculations. Weapon attack speed will be given the same importance in the calculation as for any other player character’s attack speed. In fact, the
Werebear
’s attack speed should exactly match the attack speed for an untransformed Druid. The base
Werewolf
attack speed also matches the untransformed Druid, but is enhanced by the IAS bonuses from the
Werewolf
skill.

Motivations:
There are a few motivations for this change:

Because of the extraordinary weight weapon attack speed had on transformed attack speeds, high weapon attack speed was overwhelmingly the most important consideration for which weapon to equip. This change should encourage more diversity in weapon selection.
The quirky attack speed calculation was a poor player experience for those not in the know - in particular at lower levels of play without optimized weapons. While this change has reduced attack speed when using weapons with very high IAS, it has increased attack speed for the majority of weapons - especially weapons encountered at lower levels of play.
We would like to encourage PTR players to experiment with different weapon choices for their
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms. It is not our intent to reduce the viability of the transformed Druid. We will be looking at ways to improve the performance of the transformed Druid without sacrificing the benefits obtained from unifying the attack speed calculations.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deleted User 632 0

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... d_changes/
Blizzard wrote:
PezRadar Community Manager

Hi all -

We have seen a bunch of discussion and some confusion regarding some of the changes in PTR for the WW and WB attack speed. The dev team wanted to get a note out regarding the motivations behind this change and some clarification. You can read that below.

Since the Druid was introduced in 2001, the attack speed calculation for
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms has been… quirky. The attack speed contributions of the equipped weapon were used multiple times in the calculation, giving them more than twice the impact compared with other attack speed calculations. This quirky calculation involving the weapon attack speed would also ignore the usual IAS
Cap
.In the PTR, we have changed the attack speed calculation for
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms to match other attack speed calculations. Weapon attack speed will be given the same importance in the calculation as for any other player character’s attack speed. In fact, the
Werebear
’s attack speed should exactly match the attack speed for an untransformed Druid. The base
Werewolf
attack speed also matches the untransformed Druid, but is enhanced by the IAS bonuses from the
Werewolf
skill.

Motivations:
There are a few motivations for this change:

Because of the extraordinary weight weapon attack speed had on transformed attack speeds, high weapon attack speed was overwhelmingly the most important consideration for which weapon to equip. This change should encourage more diversity in weapon selection.
The quirky attack speed calculation was a poor player experience for those not in the know - in particular at lower levels of play without optimized weapons. While this change has reduced attack speed when using weapons with very high IAS, it has increased attack speed for the majority of weapons - especially weapons encountered at lower levels of play.
We would like to encourage PTR players to experiment with different weapon choices for their
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms. It is not our intent to reduce the viability of the transformed Druid. We will be looking at ways to improve the performance of the transformed Druid without sacrificing the benefits obtained from unifying the attack speed calculations.
This is huge and makes
Ribcracker
even better, since you aren’t forced to
Shael
it anymore.
But this sounds like an overall nerf or do I miss the point here?

For my trades I expect
Lem
as lowest rune. Otherwise please offer
Perfect Gems
Feel free to make an offer. All prices are negotiable, but BIN (Buy It Now) always wins!
TZ: UTC+1
Please don't PM me or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.
It's a huge nerf. The only way this build was viable was to use a triple shaeled
Tomb Reaver
, 6
Shael
phase or something like that with huge weapon ias.

It will be slightly buffed at low levels for some weapons, but severely nerfed for endgame builds.

Human druid ias table is way slower.
This nerf takes me from a 5 frame attack to a 10 frame.... just a cool 50% damage nerf.

It makes no sense, nerfing a underused, average clear speed melee build.
agreed, so no longer will i be able to run my super slapper Bear-din (paladin using 4x
Shael
'ed gris wep for super speed slaps and mega dual Dream
Holy Shock
dmg) ??

BOO!!!! wonder how fast he'll slap and also my Wolf Barb... But yea, underplayed classes for me, just for fun.

Ok.. So I've gathered nothing is changing, they've removed the nerf to wep ias from what I read on blizz forums
Maybe I'm in the minority, but making it so that you can get IAS from sources other than weapons is a good thing. Yes, they fixed a weird and opaque mechanism that the community had gotten used too and it sucks in the short term. Once they make additional adjustments to the scaling of the
Werewolf
's skills, they will make up for the changes.

In the long run, I think it's healthy for the druid. Maybe they could have waited with the fix to IAS weapon calculations until they had a complete fix, because in the short run, some builds may suffer.

Schnorki 3148Moderator

PC
The idea behind the changes is a good one I'd say. Makes for a lot more options/variety in druid gearing.

All they need to do is adjust the attack speed per attack skill used for some of them and/or up the damage, depending on the supposed feel of the attack. I.e. simple balancing (which they may or may not ever get to, naturally).

After all, a post-change bear isn't really any slower than a barb is with many attacks today (using the 3-
Shael
Reaver example).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...