Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   1087 views

Description

I've had someone message me directly about this on one of the trades I've posted (tagged as a Ladder item).

Currently there is no option to create characters as "Ladder" characters. Ladder only items and runewords can currently be found with these characters. Blizzard has announced that Ladder will be introduced eventually, and I would assume that our current characters will no longer be able to find new ladder items/runewords.

Am I correct in posting my items as Ladder, or am I getting hung up in the logic that there is no ladder yet, despite clearly being in ladder?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've had someone message me directly about this on one of the trades I've posted (tagged as a Ladder item).

Currently there is no option to create characters as "Ladder" characters. Ladder only items and runewords can currently be found with these characters. Blizzard has announced that Ladder will be introduced eventually, and I would assume that our current characters will no longer be able to find new ladder items/runewords.

Am I correct in posting my items as Ladder, or am I getting hung up in the logic that there is no ladder yet, despite clearly being in ladder?

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Moving this to feedback.
Foulander wrote: 2 years ago
I'm finding this topic really confusing to read, not sure what your question is or whether you want some things confirmed or not. So here goes...

Yes, Ladder will be coming to the game some time this year (2022).
You will be able to create ladder only characters, only these will be able to obtain ladder-only items.
You are correct in that current characters won't be able to be 'converted' to Ladder.
You are correct in that current characters therefore won't be able to obtain ladder-only items.
This site will be (and is to an extent already) ready to receive ladder-only trades, either by selecting ladder as the default option on your profile, or by manually selecting ladder when creating trades.
You can specify your account here as being Ladder by default - this will become more popular when Ladder actually releases.
You can specify your account here as being Ladder by default - this will become more popular when Ladder actually releases.
There is no ladder for D2R yet, so yes, you'll be confusing people by posting ladder trades right now. If, however, you post a listing for a non-D2R trade (for example, legacy D2, where ladder does exist) and make sure that you also select the 'Legacy' filter, then it will be clear to your buyers that you are offering a Legacy D2 Ladder only trade.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I'd say you interpreted it just fine, considering you confirmed exactly what I was thinking.

fyi, I structured it:
1. Introduction
2. Facts/Assumptions
3. Question

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation