Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   7040 views

Description

I play the game mostly with my dad or solo. He only plays
Frenzy
barb, but I play a little of everything. I made a smiter so we could do ubers. We crush them even if he gets 1 shot by
Mephisto
occasionally (and I get a good laugh). I'm using a 32@res
Rondache
with 4 p diamonds. Should I make an Exile? If not for a smiter, is it bis for another build?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I play the game mostly with my dad or solo. He only plays
Frenzy
barb, but I play a little of everything. I made a smiter so we could do ubers. We crush them even if he gets 1 shot by
Mephisto
occasionally (and I get a good laugh). I'm using a 32@res
Rondache
with 4 p diamonds. Should I make an Exile? If not for a smiter, is it bis for another build?
it is a nice upgrade for paladin and ubers. if you can get it in a ethereal vortex base with +45 all res then it will be a big def upgrade. However you can save runes if you are doing ubers just fine without it.

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
Exile is hands down the single best thing to ever happen to a smiter and quite probably a zealot as well.

At least in my opinion.

Disclaimer: Haven't played around with alternatives for zealots in like 18 years but I definitely stand behind the smiter claim. :)
OP
follow up question. with Exile... what gloves? still dracs?

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
I dropped dracs. Exile procs more than often enough, that's kind of the whole point of it (replaces both, dracs +
Life Tap
Wand
at the same time).

Alternatives include things like
Steelrend
for more dmg/CB.
If you have Exile, you don't need draculs. I was making a smiter this "season" and was afraid a bit, that it won't be enough and guess what... it's killer Beast. My gear is:

Stormlash
with +15 ias jewel
Rockstopper
helmet
Exile in
Zakarum Shield
(non
Eth
)
Metalgrid
as amulet
Duress rune word in
Scarab Husk

Credendum
for
Belt

Goblin Toe

Raven Frost
and bul-kathos wedding band
Laying of Hands

Plenty of SC's with resists and Treachery for
Fade
. I wear Treachery while acquiring organs to trigger
Fade
, but afterwards I switch to Duress while in UT.

I have CTA with only +1 to BO.

And to be honest? This gear is in my opinion overkill. It's maybe not the fastest? I need to walk everywhere, but I'm able to finish the whole UT in 30 minutes maybe less, as I have to kill everything. The CTA is not that necessary, but 2k life grants you will survive a lot.

Worst location in my opinion is the ??
Matron's Den
?? (
Lilith
) due to these firebolt spitting "Hell Temptresses".

What you need is
Life Tap
. Use a
Wand
or draculs. As a shield, you can use even Spirit, which with a 4sox pala shield with 45@ is great or use
Herald Of Zakarum
, which is also great and much cheaper compared to Exile. Maybe instead of Exile, I would invest into Grief... but as said,
Stormlash
is much cheaper and does great job as well. :-)
I don't want to go with a new topic so ask here: Should Exile be made in a high defence Vortex Shiled or
Sacred Targe
(with low AR) or is it convenient to make it, for example, in an
Akaran Targe
with a high AR? I have a
Sacred Targe
with only 11 AR (
Eth
) but 35 AR
Akaran Targe
. Which is better? If I go to
Akaran Targe
, will it be a waste of runes?

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
It depends on what your build is.

Most commonly, Exile is used by smiters, more so than zealots. Because of that, you want to try your best to get an elite base for it to maximize
Smite
damage. Your def is bound to be high AF either way, thanks to the combination of
Holy Shield
and free
Defiance

If you're looking for more res (the usual approach for an uber smiter), you want a 45 res base or at least 40+ (low 40s are typically relatively cheap). If you're looking for more damage and don't need more res, go for max dmg/ar as a bonus which is always fairly cheap as most folks want res (shield ED does affect
Smite
like any off-weapon ED, even though it doesn't show on your char screen - it counts as off-weapon ED though and does not improve the base
Smite
dmg of the shield itself).

Do note that you can use an ethereal shield due to the Exile auto-repair but
Eth
. on a shield only affects the defense, not the
Smite
damage. So it isn't quite as big of a deal.

Damage wise, the elite shields are all essentially the same (one is a fraction of a dmg point higher..negligible). Vortex shifts to max def,
Targe
to max block. Matter of preference. Personally, I prefer Zakarum as they have the most stable dmg output (no base range).
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

Most commonly, Exile is used by smiters, more so than zealots. Because of that, you want to try your best to get an elite base for it to maximize
Smite
damage. Your def is bound to be high AF either way, thanks to the combination of
Holy Shield
and free
Defiance

If you're looking for more res (the usual approach for an uber smiter), you want a 45 res base or at least 40+ (low 40s are typically relatively cheap). If you're looking for more damage and don't need more res, go for max dmg/ar as a bonus which is always fairly cheap as most folks want res (shield ED does affect
Smite
like any off-weapon ED, even though it doesn't show on your char screen - it counts as off-weapon ED though and does not improve the base
Smite

Eth
Smite

Damage wise, the elite shields are all essentially the same (one is a fraction of a dmg point higher..negligible). Vortex shifts to max def,
Targe
to max block. Matter of preference. Personally, I prefer Zakarum as they have the most stable dmg output (no base range).
Thanks. I'd prefer to go with max damage so it should be one of those elite bases then, right?
Akaran Targe
would be a waste. Thanks man, as always.

Schnorki 3249Moderator

PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

Smite
Holy Shield
and free
Defiance

Smite
Smite

Eth
Smite

Targe
Thanks. I'd prefer to go with max damage so it should be one of those elite bases then, right?
Akaran Targe
would be a waste. Thanks man, as always.
Aye. Personally, I'd never build an Exile outside of an elite base. Feels like a complete waste.
Given, the damage isn't nearly as noticeable as it is when comparing for example an elite weapon to a normal one, simply because a lot of your
Smite
damage comes from
Holy Shield
and not the shield itself but even so, it is still there and generally noticeable.
Thanks again. My
Eth
Sacred Targe
with 11 AR is not enough it seems. So I should find one with more AR. I don't think I'd go to pure damage as I plan to go Ubers, too. Need as much AR as possible for it after all.

I'm in a similar boat. I personally love Spirit on my Zealot/Smiter. Found a real nice 224 Def / 45 All Res
Vortex Shield
and figured I'd get some good use out of it. Was able to roll perfect 35% FCR on 3rd try. Able to handle Ubers no problem using it (draculs +
Guardian Angel
). But finally found a decent Exile base the other day (7% ED
Eth
Sup
Sacred Rondache
w/ 41 Resist All), and not sure if I want to use a socket quest on it and spend the runes..

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
...But finally found a decent Exile base the other day (7% ED
Eth
Sup
Sacred Rondache
w/ 41 Resist All), and not sure if I want to use a socket quest on it and spend the runes..
Congrats, so good it seems. And let me know if you don't want to spend socket quest or runes on it :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...