Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   5867 views

Description

Hi folks,
Trading and farming my way up to those runewords and almost completed it.
However which one should be made first.
Currently playing with my cold sorc 99% of the time which can handle most of the farming areas quite well (except
Baal
and pits ofc).
But I also have a Smiter (with okish hammerdin gear) and a well build summon necro.

I think I would enjoy the switch of gameplay by getting the Enigma
Also I have found a superior
Mage Plate
with 3os 14/15 and a max def roll for a total of 298 def.
Should I go for this one or just use a none superior one for the normale repair costs.

I’m curious of you thought’s.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi folks,
Trading and farming my way up to those runewords and almost completed it.
However which one should be made first.
Currently playing with my cold sorc 99% of the time which can handle most of the farming areas quite well (except
Baal
and pits ofc).
But I also have a Smiter (with okish hammerdin gear) and a well build summon necro.

I think I would enjoy the switch of gameplay by getting the Enigma
Also I have found a superior
Mage Plate
with 3os 14/15 and a max def roll for a total of 298 def.
Should I go for this one or just use a none superior one for the normale repair costs.

I’m curious of you thought’s.
both hammerdin and summon nec with CE are classes that can forgo Infinity. And Enigma would make them playable in ways that were not before, especially necromancer having much better control over the army. I vote Enigma.
Enigma all the way :) you can use it for any class you want, this is just pure gold :) about the base... I prefer normal one, if you want more def go with i.e.
Dusk Shroud
. Repair costs would be like 20x higher in superior, not sure if this is a good idea :D

Edit: Infinity also works better when you can reposition your merc with
Teleport
, remember that :)
OP
Ok nice to get some feedback. It's to much farming to regret the decision.
Enigma opens up more classes and flexibility. Infinity is basically just for lite sorc or javazon endgame.

Toss another vote up for Enigma. I would say do a non-superior
Mage Plate
for the most usability and lower repair costs. Defense is waaaay overrated in D2.
If you go Infinity, you can respec your sorc to lightning and she will be able to do everything, though certain classes will be faster than her at certain areas.

You might wanna consider boosting up your hammerdin with an Enigma and using him to speed farm cows, especially if you can do some solo cows in a players 5+ game.
I'd say Enigma as well based on your post. I'd also say just use a
Ral
rune for cube repair when needed. they drop like candy, no need to waste 100k+.
Either sounds fine, but it's up to you. I respec'd my cold/fire sorc to lightning with Infinity and it was a blast being able to steamroll most of the game. While Enigma sounds like it'd make your other chars much more fun to play.
majkel wrote: 2 years ago
Enigma all the way :) you can use it for any class you want, this is just pure gold :) about the base... I prefer normal one, if you want more def go with i.e.
Dusk Shroud
. Repair costs would be like 20x higher in superior, not sure if this is a good idea :D

Edit: Infinity also works better when you can reposition your merc with
Teleport
, remember that :)
Very true, I have a Javazon with Infinity but no Enigma. I feel like it's a waste when I kill cows before my merc can catch up and activate
Conviction
most of the time, even in p8. You also need Griffon's or
Thunderstroke
to get lightning immunes after
Conviction
, which is another pain.
OP
I'm aware of the
Ral
cube recipe but I think a some point I will mess it up and use all of them while crafting amus and sitting on a broken Enigma 🤣

It went all so quick already have everything together now.
Will craft it in a non superior 261 def
Mage Plate
tomorrow.
mezz wrote: 2 years ago

Very true, I have a Javazon with Infinity but no Enigma. I feel like it's a waste when I kill cows before my merc can catch up and activate
Conviction
most of the time, even in p8. You also need Griffon's or
Thunderstroke
to get lightning immunes after
Conviction
, which is another pain.
Yea, I also was not impressed with Infinity on a Javazon. I transferred the Infinity to my Sorc, specced her into Lightning, and was much more happy.

Instead of Griffon's you can use a 4-lightning-faceted
Monarch
, a poor man's JMOD.
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago
Instead of Griffon's you can use a 4-lightning-faceted
Monarch
, a poor man's JMOD.
Great tip, I didn't think of that. My next upgrade will probably be a 4os
Monarch
with budget 4/4 or 4/3 facets. All I need is like -15% ELR to poke lightning immunes, and 15% lightning skill damage would have way more impact than a Spirit's +2 skills.
mezz wrote: 2 years ago
15% lightning skill damage would have way more impact than a Spirit's +2 skills.
+2 skills on Spirit give you +2 in Lighting Mastery which alone gives you +24% lightning skill damage, not to say you'll have +2 to Lightning as well. Those 15% from rainbows are the same percents, they just add to your already huge +400-ish so their value is already diminished heavily.

I recommend to consider getting Crescent Moon runeword in a
Crystal Sword
or else as a swap. It will give you -35% ELR which is HUGE when you are dealing with lightning immunes, esp if you don't have Griffon. And 2 Spirit Monarchs for sure :)
zebrilo wrote: 2 years ago
+2 skills on Spirit give you +2 in Lighting Mastery which alone gives you +24% lightning skill damage, not to say you'll have +2 to Lightning as well. Those 15% from rainbows are the same percents, they just add to your already huge +400-ish so their value is already diminished heavily.

I recommend to consider getting Crescent Moon runeword in a
Crystal Sword
or else as a swap. It will give you -35% ELR which is HUGE when you are dealing with lightning immunes, esp if you don't have Griffon. And 2 Spirit Monarchs for sure :)
Yup, to clarify, I was thinking of the Javazon which doesn't have any existing lightning skill damage. My poor man's lightning sorc is already rocking a Crescent Moon, which I agree is huge.
I didn't think -% elemental resistance stats from facets or weapons like Crescent Moon took affect unless the creature's immunity was already broken by Infinity/
Conviction
aura/
Lower Resist
curse?
VolitionSin wrote: 2 years ago
I didn't think -% elemental resistance stats from facets or weapons like Crescent Moon took affect unless the creature's immunity was already broken by Infinity/
Conviction
aura/
Lower Resist
curse?
Yes, that is correct.
We use Infinity for my light sorc.. the Firebolt Sorc and BlizzSorc don't benefit from Infinity as much as my light sorc.. if you need
Teleport
, Enigma is the way to go.. Insight in a good base did a good job so far.

Timezone: UTC+1 / EST+6
PSN [shadow08-15]
All my active trades: click here
If you have a well build Summon Necro like you said, i will go 100% for Enigma, my Necro with Enigma is unstoppable in Hell, it's impressive how quick everything dies, you cast
Amplify Damage
on a group, telestomp an enemy, your minions and Merc Kill him really fast an then you start proc
Corpse Explosion
and that's it. The best part is i almost never die, i have a merc with Obedience (for the crushing blow for fast Boss killing), Duress and andys visor, and some insights in my stash to cast
Iron Golem
so he inherits the aura and my mana it's always full.

I don't need to say that cows are really fun, they fall with CE like dominos, and you can do
Travincal
in seconds.
gordoanorexico wrote: 2 years ago
If you have a well build Summon Necro like you said, i will go 100% for Enigma, my Necro with Enigma is unstoppable in Hell, it's impressive how quick everything dies, you cast
Amplify Damage
on a group, telestomp an enemy, your minions and Merc Kill him really fast an then you start proc
Corpse Explosion
and that's it. The best part is i almost never die, i have a merc with Obedience (for the crushing blow for fast Boss killing), Duress and andys visor, and some insights in my stash to cast
Iron Golem

I don't need to say that cows are really fun, they fall with CE like dominos, and you can do
Travincal
in seconds.
If I can ask, what main weapon do you use in your Necro, Beast? HOTO? (got both, seems that either is good at either clearing or boss killing)
I am in the process of creating that same necro you describe.

Any help is welcome.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Definitely Enigma! Your necro will be able to do anything at decent efficiency! If you have a well equipped hammerdin, you can take 8 players game like no others. 300+ magic find and 13k hammer dmg.

Enigma will greatly boost efficiency of barb and trapsin. Even your sorc can use it for the frw and 2 skills.

Infinity can wait. I just made my Infinity today and I think Enigma is way more effective and useful. And it’s one
Ber
cheaper.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
gordoanorexico wrote: 2 years ago
Amplify Damage
Corpse Explosion
Iron Golem

Travincal
in seconds.
If I can ask, what main weapon do you use in your Necro, Beast? HOTO? (got both, seems that either is good at either clearing or boss killing)
I am in the process of creating that same necro you describe.

Any help is welcome.
I have HOTO, but i don't have a Beast to compare, the problem with Beast it's the difficulty to reach the 125% FCR Breakpoint, I've always been curious about Beast compared to HOTO, for what you said it doesn't really differ in terms of speed, that's very interesting.

You can ask me anything about the build, i'm happy to help, if you want, you can add me by my btag, and i can show you my Necro ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation