Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   557 views

Description

When I go to the trade section and filter for Hardcore items there's none, is that right or am I doing something wrong?

Can be used to make Runewords:

When I go to the trade section and filter for Hardcore items there's none, is that right or am I doing something wrong?

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
There... are, but probably not many.

The trade filters are also mostly broken right now. They used to filter the entire trade database, like you'd think they would work. The trade section of this website was originally a last minute addition, and was never designed for the amount of traffic it currently has. Some features had to be broken server-side to keep the server online, including the original trade filters.

A website patch is coming that will re-vamp the trade section and improve all of the search features, including being able to search from & list ALL hardcore trades.

Right now the filters only filter from the handful of items currently on the page in front of you. You'd have to go page by page and filter for hardcore items to find them. Yeah, it's annoying and unreasonable, but we're fixing it soon. No ETA yet, but fixing a lot of issues with our trade system is the primary focus of the next website patch. That and resolving some website performance issues.

Stay tuned, updates are coming.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
This explains it better than I can:
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

Filtering for Hardcore, other platforms etc. not working properly

The first implementation of the trade system assumed that about 3-4 trades would be posted a day. This allowed me to load the entire marketplace of a hundred or so active trades on one page, and then filter them client-side with the Isotope.js library, as it is done on the other parts of the site (see the different database sections for example). So the filters were working just fine back then.

However, when I logged on and found 40,000+ trades all of a sudden, that became untenable - if I tried to render 40,000 trades on your screen at the same time not only would my server just shut down but probably your browser would hit its memory limit and crash, forcing a reload or even worse a lock-up of your own device. Not to mention how long it would take the JS to filter through all of the results on the page.

I know full well that it is ridiculous to have to navigate from page to page and apply a filter every single time. People click a filter for Hardcore and see no results - because currently the pages are only showing the 50 latest trades, and if one of them isn't a hardcore trade for example, nothing shows up, and this makes people mad.

What is being done about it? - I am doing a complete overhaul of the logic behind filtering in the upcoming patch 1.0, it will allow you to filter ALL trades by platform, region, hardcore/softcore, ladder/non-ladder etc. in a paginated way that is server-friendly with having 2000+ constantly refreshing it. In the meantime, use the market search on the /trade page and look for the icon that indicated hardcore/playstation etc. to find trades suitable to you.

OP
Ahh thanks for the heads up, unfortunately it makes it pretty impossible to use as a hardcore player. I await the revamp

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I feel your pain man. Same story for PSX, Xbox, and nintendo players.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...