9 replies   1152 views

Description

the only char i never tried........

Can be used to make Runewords:

the only char i never tried........
O_o

You mean you play this game for fun!?

Gross!

Anyways, I don't have something to recommend but rather something to recommend against. My first Druid in twenty years was Bear druid, and it has not been fun.

Hope you have fun with whatever build you decide.
I have a
Werewolf
Druid with a perfect
Ribcracker
as weapon! 50% crushing blow on this thing!
I don't have much fun with this build...

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
New user here :) Site looks really good so far. Is there a general chat forum or introduction forum?

If you want a fun druid build, try the
Ribcracker
Fury wolf. It's damn fun. You use Fury (the skill, not the runeword) and
Feral Rage
alternately, building up
Feral Rage
to the maximum effect, then using Fury to maximize damage. Then switching back to
Feral Rage
to reset the timer every now and then. 20 seconds is a long enough time to do that without getting too stresseed.

With
Ribcracker
, you can reach really high ias breakpoints and hit at about 5 fps, dealing massive damage with the 50% crushing blow, and high damage on the staff. You run super fast, deal big damage, and bosses crumble within 20 seconds. You leech life like a sonofagun, and as long as you keep hitting enemies, you stay alive very well, making it an adrenalin-fueled experience in hardcore (which i play exclusively). That cracking sound from the staff hitting is really satisfying ^^

Bear in mind it has a 200-300% enhanced damage range, so remember that when trading. It can be upgraded, and also etheral, though needing a
Zod
rune if one chooses to use that.

Necrarch 1719Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Taurean wrote: 9 months ago
New user here :) Site looks really good so far. Is there a general chat forum or introduction forum?
Not really, but you do have various guides on each section giving TONS of info on the site, and on tips and cool stuff about D2 / D2R.

And if you have questions left, well, the forum is here for you. :)

Welcome around !

As for druids, I would probably try either Wind or Fire druids for fun stuff with lots of things happening on screens... but I have not really tried them yet. And really depends on what you find fun.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

ShadowHeart 2004Moderator

Europe PC
Welcome to diablo2.io! :)
I guess you are currently in the General Discussion forum, and there was an introduction thread - well, it's still there, it hasn't been updated in a long time, but feel free to resurrect it, maybe some other newer members see it and also would like to introduce themselves:
forums/introduce-yourself-t1875-160.html

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
If you are looking for fun, but not necessarily the best performance, try
Rabies
. Fury is OK, but you still need to approach every monster to shred it with your claws.
Rabies
, on the other hand, works differently. You just infect one enemy and can watch the entire pack dying, as the disease spreads between them. Works the best in high density areas, like the cow level.

Fire druid is also fun, especially after cast delay changes in 2.4. The gameplay is much more smooth.
However, both elemental builds rely on a random factor, which can be frustrating (when, for example, standing next to a boss and casting
Tornado
which misses it).
I had a lot of fun with my Fire Claw-druid (in wolf-form) and would highly recommend it. You get a lot of AoE-damage from
Armageddon
, and deals very well with high enemy density (which can be a problem for melee), while also having high single-target damage on it’s strikes.

You get ok mobility with
Feral Rage
(no
Teleport
, but then that also saves you the cost of Enigma), and ok life from the shapeshift. You get very good sustain from the
Redemption
-aura (Phoenix-shield).
I recently went all-in on a
Tornado
&
Hurricane
build. Wearing Enigma I could easily mow down everything in
Chaos Sanctuary
. Honestly, it was only seconds slower versus a standard Hammerdin build and in some ways more fun because
Hurricane
operates like a Sorc shield and you can then aim the Tornados without much accuracy required.

If you want a fun druid build, try the
Ribcracker
Fury wolf. It's damn fun. You use Fury (the skill, not the runeword) and
Feral Rage
alternately, building up
Feral Rage
to the maximum effect, then using Fury to maximize damage. Then switching back to
Feral Rage
to reset the timer every now and then. 20 seconds is a long enough time to do that without getting too stresseed.

I second this. Fury druid is really fun and can be powerful for melee. I use ebotd in a
Champion Axe
and Death in a
Decapitator
but
Ribcracker
will do just as good.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...