Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   580 views

Description

Stay a while and listen... To my story of the worst cross platform trade of all time and a plea for help!

It all started well enough; jalbergo would pay 4x3 on softcore ladder for Soli to run Ubers and deliver a shiny new unid torch. I would collect the keys from jalbergo, give them to Soli and then wait for the torch. It sounded so simple! But it didn't go quite to plan for Soli, as he mentioned in the fail drops thread:
Soli wrote: 1 year ago
I was today years old when I got the Uber portals that overlapped on each other and I couldn't get into one. Waste of one keyset.

I was also today years old when I got DC'ed finishing off Uber Tristam. Waste of 4
Key
sets.

Good night season 3.

It was late for me, so I had to leave him to it, but with some hard work, Soli came good and I collected a nice unid torch for jalbergo, no harm done.

jalbergo and I arrange to meet, I start a game as I always do and then, for reasons that I will never understand, popped the torch on the floor for him to collect. I think you can tell where this is going..? Yes, I hadn't password protected the game and randoms were able to join - not something that has ever happened to me before whilst doing this, but of course it happened on this occasion. In comes a lovely looking druid chap, I'm sure he was pleased as punch to find a nice unid torch on the floor, although based on events so far, I'm fairly confident this torch is cursed.

This trade has taken 3 days to work out, and in summary: jalbergo traded a 4x3 keyset for absolutely nothing; Soli wasted a whole keyset for absolutely nothing; and I am left feeling like a complete lemon. But at least the lovely looking druid chap is happy!

I am of course completely mortified, and to make matters worse I am not playing softcore ladder, so I am not in a position to pay back the keyset or get another torch, hence a desperate and rather tragic plea for help: I have 3 x
Um
, 3 x
Pul
, Trang's
Belt
and a -71 sunder charm on softcore ladder as a result of helping with various trades. Is anyone willing to donate or trade me some keys so that I can attempt to rectify my idiocy?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Stay a while and listen... To my story of the worst cross platform trade of all time and a plea for help!

It all started well enough; jalbergo would pay 4x3 on softcore ladder for Soli to run Ubers and deliver a shiny new unid torch. I would collect the keys from jalbergo, give them to Soli and then wait for the torch. It sounded so simple! But it didn't go quite to plan for Soli, as he mentioned in the fail drops thread:
Soli wrote: 1 year ago
I was today years old when I got the Uber portals that overlapped on each other and I couldn't get into one. Waste of one keyset.

I was also today years old when I got DC'ed finishing off Uber Tristam. Waste of 4
Key
sets.

Good night season 3.

It was late for me, so I had to leave him to it, but with some hard work, Soli came good and I collected a nice unid torch for jalbergo, no harm done.

jalbergo and I arrange to meet, I start a game as I always do and then, for reasons that I will never understand, popped the torch on the floor for him to collect. I think you can tell where this is going..? Yes, I hadn't password protected the game and randoms were able to join - not something that has ever happened to me before whilst doing this, but of course it happened on this occasion. In comes a lovely looking druid chap, I'm sure he was pleased as punch to find a nice unid torch on the floor, although based on events so far, I'm fairly confident this torch is cursed.

This trade has taken 3 days to work out, and in summary: jalbergo traded a 4x3 keyset for absolutely nothing; Soli wasted a whole keyset for absolutely nothing; and I am left feeling like a complete lemon. But at least the lovely looking druid chap is happy!

I am of course completely mortified, and to make matters worse I am not playing softcore ladder, so I am not in a position to pay back the keyset or get another torch, hence a desperate and rather tragic plea for help: I have 3 x
Um
, 3 x
Pul
, Trang's
Belt
and a -71 sunder charm on softcore ladder as a result of helping with various trades. Is anyone willing to donate or trade me some keys so that I can attempt to rectify my idiocy?

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I dont play HC, but if u can organize trade between HC and SC I can give you keys (probably not full 4x3) but at least something.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Soli 14

Playstation
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
In comes a lovely looking druid chap, I'm sure he was pleased as punch to find a nice unid torch on the floor, although based on events so far, I'm fairly confident this torch is cursed.

The torch is absolutely a 10 10 Necro.

Donating a
Key of Destruction
to the cause.

Schnorki 3749Moderator

PC
First off:
Yes, druids do look lovely. ;)

Second:
Props for making your f***up public. Just another reason why I feel good about having vouched for you multiple times now.

And third:
Pretty sure i can get you a replacement torch on SCL - on it.

Schnorki 3749Moderator

PC
Got your torch ready. Sent you a request.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
First off:
Yes, druids do look lovely. ;)

Second:
Props for making your f***up public. Just another reason why I feel good about having vouched for you multiple times now.

And third:
Pretty sure i can get you a replacement torch on SCL - on it.
I find that the only way to get over total embarrassment is to own it...

Once again, D2io proves itself to be the best place on the internet.

Thanks everyone (and especially Schnorki!). :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 2024Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Is it HC or SC Ladder ? I can give a
Key
myself too if SC.

Have to say that it took 4 minutes to Schnoki to find an Unid torch. I don't know how he does this magic, but he always impresses me. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus

Teebling 6801Admin

Europe PC
That druid who randomly joined your game and scooped the torch:

Anyway, glad you got some donations - in all honesty was the right thing to do - now you can help your guys and everyone's happy. Love to see it.

good to know people helped you recover from this disaster :)

guess it's a lesson learned for you to never drop items on a public game

Bnet tag: Zero#15277

My time zone is GMT+8. Please bear with me when doing trades since our time zones can be different. Thanks in advance :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...