Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
89 replies   6525 views

Description

Description by Trang Oul

Can be used to make Runewords:

Chat is so broken/useless that it would be more effective for them to just leverage Discord's APIs and integrate a custom client into the game.

There's a million logistical reasons why it won't happen, but carrier pigeons are more reliable than the in-game chat.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Ravoc 123

PC
Was about to say
Do you guys not have discords...? :D
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
Was about to say
Careful there, Wyatt. 🤣

EPOCH FAIL

Asha 355

Sorceress Europe PC
New low-lvl helms, Mosaic, Hustle... only morph pelt could be useful 4 shifter, imo. Not that I'll start 3rd ladder bc of single pelt I'm fine without. Okay, good, in fact - will take a break from online finally.

Schnorki 3220Moderator

PC
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
Was about to say
Do you start your pug runs and trade games by telepathically telling everyone which discord to join and them miraculously doing it?
Cuz..even if disc were an option for folks you meet, you have no way of telling them how/where to join if you can't chat.

Not to mention the idea of getting every random pug you wanna trade with onto a shared discord server..is just silly.

Necrarch 1677Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Just for the record on the new runeswords, here are the Devs notes :

---

Developer's Note: The Bulwark, Cure, Ground, Hearth, and Temper Rune Words are being added to equip players with additional tools to boost specific resistance types as desired following the release of Sundering Charms.
The Hustle Rune Word is being added as an early mobility option, providing increased Movement Speed without the
Teleport
aspect of the Enigma Rune Word.
For the Metamorphosis Rune Word, we wanted to add another viable option for an end-game shapeshifter Druid that could compete with items such as Jalal’s Mane. Metamorphosis grants a bonus for successful attacks in both
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms, with each form providing different stacking bonuses.
The Mosaic Rune Word is designed to buff Martial Arts Assassin builds. It grants a Brand-new effect that allows for a chance to not consume the
Charge
when using a finisher move. Note that the effect still occurs but the
Charge
is not removed.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Blizzard wrote:
The Hustle Rune Word is being added as an early mobility option, providing increased Movement Speed without the
Teleport
aspect of the Enigma Rune Word.
I wonder who makes those changes. Interns working for free? How could they miss the IAS (much more important than FRW) and the fact that this RW will become a mandatory pre-buff, just like Treachery?
Blizzard wrote:
For the Metamorphosis Rune Word, we wanted to add another viable option for an end-game shapeshifter Druid that could compete with items such as Jalal’s Mane. Metamorphosis grants a bonus for successful attacks in both
Werewolf
and
Werebear
forms, with each form providing different stacking bonuses.
Same here. With such a long buff duration (and not being restricted to respective shifted forms) and defensive bonuses (life, DR), this RW will become a mandatory pre-buff not only for shifters (with annoying shifting between
Werewolf
and
Werebear
to maintain both buffs) even for caster and summoner druid builds, especially on HC. Possibly even for other classes, using Beast.

ShadowHeart 1913Moderator

Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Same here. With such a long buff duration (and not being restricted to respective shifted forms) and defensive bonuses (life, DR), this RW will become a mandatory pre-buff not only for shifters (with annoying shifting between
Werewolf
and
Werebear
to maintain both buffs) even for caster and summoner druid builds, especially on HC. Possibly even for other classes, using Beast.
The thought of all that micromanagement is making me sick... xD

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I’ve seen an old PvP video with a barbarian, lasting about 5 minutes, with one minute of an actual combat after 4 minutes pre-buffing… Treachery,
Demon Limb
, 2x +3 BO weapons, all of that taken from the stash, put in the cube and only then equipped, since the entire inventory was filled with charms… that’s insane!
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I’ve seen an old PvP video with a barbarian, lasting about 5 minutes, with one minute of an actual combat after 4 minutes pre-buffing… Treachery,
Demon Limb
, 2x +3 BO weapons, all of that taken from the stash, put in the cube and only then equipped, since the entire inventory was filled with charms… that’s insane!
That sounds like my javazon uber runs. So much crap to manage and I'm almost certain to forget at least one thing on the mental checklist every time, which makes the entire session not worth recording for anything other than a personal record because it's a chore to re-watch and not worth posting on YouTube.

The reliance on procs is tedious and takes away from actually playing the game. I said it in the other thread, more than power creep, relying on procs for critical functionality of a build is the worst thing about runewords, and these devs clearly aren't getting the hint because they're doubling down on this nonsense with the more interesting 2.6 runewords.

Not everything needs to turn into an RNG-fest like D3.

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...