Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   2480 views

Description

Hey friends it has been awhile since I’ve been active on here. I have been busy enjoying single player on my switch. I currently have a 93 sorc, 90 barb, 90 pally and an 82 bowazon.

In all the years I have played d2, I have never attempted Ubers. I have always simply traded for torches in the past. I have seen plenty of videos on how to defeat the Ubers but I wanted some input on gear choices.

I plan on respeccing to smiter on my pally for this. The first question I have is a
Life Tap
Wand
enough for each mini and each Uber? Out of all the hundreds and hundreds of mf runs I have done, I still have not found dracul’s grasp. I am also one
Ohm
rune short of crafting an Exile shield. Or should I wait until i come up on dracs or an Exile?

Secondly, I plan on using g-face,
Gore Rider
’s, t-gods,
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
. Which armor should I go with? I currently have Duress and Fortitude. I have the runes to craft Chains of Honor but I wanted to save that
Ber
rune for Enigma or Infinity.

Any other smiter Uber tips I should be aware of?

TYIA
Description by Crushnasty

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey friends it has been awhile since I’ve been active on here. I have been busy enjoying single player on my switch. I currently have a 93 sorc, 90 barb, 90 pally and an 82 bowazon.

In all the years I have played d2, I have never attempted Ubers. I have always simply traded for torches in the past. I have seen plenty of videos on how to defeat the Ubers but I wanted some input on gear choices.

I plan on respeccing to smiter on my pally for this. The first question I have is a
Life Tap
Wand
enough for each mini and each Uber? Out of all the hundreds and hundreds of mf runs I have done, I still have not found dracul’s grasp. I am also one
Ohm
rune short of crafting an Exile shield. Or should I wait until i come up on dracs or an Exile?

Secondly, I plan on using g-face,
Gore Rider
’s, t-gods,
Raven Frost
Dwarf Star
. Which armor should I go with? I currently have Duress and Fortitude. I have the runes to craft Chains of Honor but I wanted to save that
Ber
rune for Enigma or Infinity.

Any other smiter Uber tips I should be aware of?

TYIA
Your gear seems good; I wouldn't worry so much, the ubers aren't that hard on a smiter.

I definitely wouldn't use a
Ber
for that.

I used to farm ubers in NL before ladder, and my gear was about the same as yours (I did have HoZ, but Spirit does the job just fine. Or
Stormshield
to be extra safe)

You didn't mention call to arm, do you have this? Helps a lot.

And make sure you're stacking the lightning res (though you don't need as much with Tgods I suppose).

But really, as long as you have damage (Grief), crushing blow ( gore), life steal (
Wand
) and maxed resists, it's quite easy.

Schnorki 3250Moderator

PC
First things first: Do not waste your
Ber
on a smiter CoH. Either go with Duress for more crushing or (better yet) Fortitude (paired with Grief) for more raw dmg overall.

Looking at your gear list, you are more than set.
Life Tap
procs are mainly a thing of convenience, not a necessity. If you have a
Life Tap
Wand
, combined with your gear, you should be able to kill each one before that
Wand
tap ever runs out, meaning you don't even have to go through that vulnerable re-cast stage.

The only thing to make sure beyond that (which isn't quite obvious from your gear list) is that you have enough res for
Uber Mephisto
and his -125 res
Conviction
. If your gear doesn't quite offer that, don't cave and get CoH, just get 1 point in
Salvation
and you're typically set. Once meph is down, you can go right back to fana.
Never tried relying on
Life Tap
with weapon switch personally but feel like that would work, you'll just have to be quick!
Life Tap
seems like an absolute must on Lileth and maybe a hair less critical but still pretty crucial for the main ubers.

For armor, I've always just used
Guardian Angel
and/or Treachery. Fortitude will make it easier esp. with Grief, but not necessary at all. Chains of Honor also nice but not necessary.

No expert myself, but some other tricks I've learned from others on here are:
- Make Treachery armor and proc
Fade
at river of flames fires near the portal right before facing off with lileth and meph
(literally just stand in the fire sipping potions until
Fade
happens)
- After proc'ing
Fade
with Treachery you can swap to whatever armor you want and it lasts 3-min
- Use
Salvation
(1-pt plus you're +skills points is enough) instead of fanatacism with
Uber Mephisto

- Stack as many lightning resist charms as possible, well over your max, because it will still help against
Mephisto
's
Conviction
(goal is something like 250 I think?)
- Socket your g-face with
or whatever rune it is that provides light res, same for
Alma Negra
or
Stormshield
if you're using that instead of Spirit
- Watch a youtube video on best path of travel for
Uber Tristram

Good luck!

Tetra 181

Paladin Europe PC
Meph's
Conviction
is a -125%, so you need +300% total to out res it (if your max lightning res is at the standard 75%).
You can also use
Lightsabre
Sword and
Wisp Projector
ring for Lightning Absorb and killing
Uber Mephisto
easly.
OP
I really appreciate all the info everyone. I do not have Call To Arms yet. I am 1
Vex
or 1
Ohm
rune away from crafting it. I do have plenty of life, all res, and lightning res charms to compensate. I will remember to swap out
Dwarf Star
for
Wisp Projector
specifically for
Mephisto
Personally I love
Guardian Angel
for ubers. 90% max res all makes you almost invincible.

Also highly recommend spec to level 21
Conviction
and just use that vs
Mephisto
. Not having to worry about finding another 125% resistance is awesome! Makes runs so much quicker and easier.

Good luck!
Personally I love
Guardian Angel

Conviction
and just use that vs
Mephisto
. Not having to worry about finding another 125% resistance is awesome! Makes runs so much quicker and easier.

Good luck!
I would strongly advise against putting any points into
Conviction
(let alone 21) as that's simply a huge waste if you are not going to be using the aura elsewhere.

The ubers are a walk in the park, I haven't died a single time, doing them, both on my fully decked out non-ladder smiter and my ladder one, who uses Black, lol.

Since
Mephisto
is the only one that can potentially cause any trouble, just stack like 320 lightning resist, so you end up with +95% (+10% from Tgod's and +10% from the Lightning Resist aura passive) AFTER his
Conviction
aura and you're good to go. He goes down in seconds.

You can literally use any shield, but I'd recommend
Herald Of Zakarum
or some Spirit. Getting stuff like Exile is quite the overkill (investment-wise).
RMac85 wrote: 1 year ago
Personally I love
Guardian Angel

Conviction
and just use that vs
Mephisto

Good luck!
Excellent tip for if your wanting to get right in it without hunting additional resistance gear purely for that mephy scrap. Having a
Conviction
aura active that is higher than mephs
Conviction
will nullify his. If you choose this route, you just need yours to be over 20. (You're generally going to be fighting Meph last if your dragging the bosses 1 by 1.)

The lifetap
Wand
is easily shopped and indeed extremely helpful. It can eliminate your need for drac's. Just be cautious if your going to recast in mob density. Keep in mind your not only going to be dropping your leech from attacking, but also swapping into whatever shield you have with it. Taking it out somewhere and getting use to quickly swapping and casting it may be a good idea.

The
Fade
prebuff mentioned before will last for almost 5 minutes and is quite a good idea in general, especially if your feeling nervous. At the cost of a
Lem
and just a minute of your time to proc, why not?

I like my uber smiters to be cheap, I'd rather drop my runes in something I enjoy to play. Maybe consider a nice resistance automod pally shield with Pdiamonds in it, if you're concerned about your resistances. Grief + crushing blow is a nasty
Smite
, you may be surprised at how fast you annihilate them.

You're probably good to go, especially with all these tips people have dropped for you. Maybe peek at a few videos on dragging the bosses in
Uber Tristram
1 by one if you haven't already. This in my opinion is quite important if your not over-geared. If your not wanting to go in blind, any extra research should help alleviate some nerves. But, if your really not comfortable, maybe bank some extra keys first... Just in case.

For me, the walk to uber Izzy is dangerous because I get impatient. Really though, I tend to find
Lilith
the deadliest of the entire event. The actual
Uber Tristram
isn't too bad if you pull them correctly.

Last thing I feel like I should mention.. You may already know; Doing all your portals for organs in the same game will make sure you get into each of the three areas. I don't have experience with this, but from my understanding they spawn the portal area randomly and if you're not doing them all in one game you may end up in a area you already have the organ for. (Also make sure you don't overlap your portals ! :P)

Goodluck! Let us know how it goes.

Schnorki 3250Moderator

PC
GooberGirl wrote: 1 year ago
Last thing I feel like I should mention.. You may already know; Doing all your portals for organs in the same game will make sure you get into each of the three areas. I don't have experience with this, but from my understanding they spawn the portal area randomly and if you're not doing them all in one game you may end up in a area you already have the organ for. (Also make sure you don't overlap your portals ! :P)
Correct.
Key
portals randomly lead to one of the 3 areas when opened. Any one game however may only include one portal for each area. Because of that, if you open 3 portals in 3 games, they could end up all going to the same place, leaving you with 3 of the same organ in the end and unable to get to
Uber Tristram
. If you open a second one in the same game however, it cannot lead to the same area as the first one and hence randomly picks from the remaining two. A third portal in the same game will then have no choice but lead to the last missing area.

Oh and good point on the not overlapping!
Portals don't spawn in pre-determined set locations but spawn next to your character as you open them. So make sure you don't stand in the same spot for them or you may have a hard time getting into the second and third one. Don't just be lazy and cube in your stash..that's a pretty good way to block your portals and/or your stash for the game (though the stash you can still access in other acts I guess).

Ravoc 123

PC
For
Lilith
, consider
Guardian Angel
+
Venom Grip
for 95% poison res, and comes with some LL and CB too.

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
so offliners are to take upon 3on3 sets for every uber attempt? that's quite a run mileage.
lol, I only got my 3 keys since my ssf campaign.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3250Moderator

PC
Online also requires 3x3 keys so no difference there.

Other than the usual "online can trade for it" of course.

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
you're joking right?

rikus 140

Amazon Americas PC
Crushnasty wrote: 1 year ago
Uber
do let us know how it went out for you

Schnorki 3250Moderator

PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
you're joking right?
Well..no?

Ubers always take 3x3 keys to get to, regardless of whether you run them online or offline. That part does not differ.

If you run them offline, you have to actually find all 9 keys yourself. If you run them online, you have the same luxury of being able to trade for keys as you do with every other piece of gear.

In terms of the attempt requirements at least, that's the only difference.

Beyond that, in terms of the actual killing/trying, you of course also have the same advantage that you always have online in that you can ask for help and more easily rejoin/recover and such so your attempt isn't entirely wasted if you do fail but I guess in SP you can just make a backup first and keep trying if you're so inclined so if you choose, you can more than even that one out.
OP
Once again, I appreciate all the input and support. I believe I am ready in terms of gear and charms but I want to farm a few more keys before I start.

I’ll keep you all posted on my attempts and the torch rolls ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation