Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   2667 views

Description

Is the Trust system still a thing or should I just ignore entirely now? I trade with ppl but noone cares about doing it, even if I ask. why even have this on the site if ppl dont know if Im trustworthy because noone will vote? very curious.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Is the Trust system still a thing or should I just ignore entirely now? I trade with ppl but noone cares about doing it, even if I ask. why even have this on the site if ppl dont know if Im trustworthy because noone will vote? very curious.

Sriracha - Light Sorc - I do fast
Baal
and Cow runs for everyone!
Almost every trade I've ever done here, trust has been exchanged. I'm only around 30 trades though.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
I imagine that some people probably do it all the time, and some people never do it at all.

I have 200 trust, so some people do it, you just have to trade a lot I guess.

(FWIW, I checked your trade history to see if there was any reason why people weren't giving you trust... And the only completed trade I see, the person did give you trust 5 hours ago, but you didn't give it to him ?)

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
In short: Yes.

I use trust both, as a judgement call (where applicable/useful) and in terms of giving it out. It certainly has its purpose.

As mishabg already noted though, I'm really not sure where you're coming from. You have 1 completed sale, 0 completed purchases and 1 trust. So basically that's a 100% trust quota...how is that "noone cares about doing it"?

The one exception I can think of is perpetual trades. This is things like torches for keys, gems for runes, many player services and so on ... things folks buy/sell over and over and over again. Those trades a lot of folks prefer to keep active and not close and recreate with every completed transaction. As a result, neither side will get the sale/purchase credited and neither side will receive trust. But that's a very specific type of trade and certainly not usually the norm.

Speaking in terms of actual completed non-perpetual trades, I can't say I've actively tracked the numbers but my educated guess would be that trust has been accurately exchanged in at least 90% of my trades (both, buy and sell). Probably even 95%+.

mhlg 879

Americas PC
Shinigami86 wrote: 1 year ago
I haven't made a trade here yet (Lazy trader) but I'm an honest trader. It might help if you describe what you're trading.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Still give trust enad receive trust in every trade.
I am always worried about dupe items or scams as I am kinda new to the game. So this was a question I was wondering also.

I feel like a visual trust level on this site is kinda a good track record in a way for me at least. Also being able to check the history helps ease my worries also. Im sure some people dont use it correctly or how it should be used. But having it there I feel is a positive if just a little bit for trading.

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
StaticYeti wrote: 1 year ago
I am always worried about dupe items or scams as I am kinda new to the game. So this was a question I was wondering also.

I feel like a visual trust level on this site is kinda a good track record in a way for me at least. Also being able to check the history helps ease my worries also. Im sure some people dont use it correctly or how it should be used. But having it there I feel is a positive if just a little bit for trading.
Do yourself a favor and don't be too worried about dupes. Grant yourself some Peace of mind.

There's a big difference between dupes in the olden days and dupes that may or may not exist now if only because there has so far not been a single widely known duping method. Back then, everyone and their mom abused new duping mechanics more than once in combination with equally widely known "semi-perm" methods to at least get stuff from one game to the next. As a result, literally everyone you traded with may have just duped what they were offering. Needless to say it was kinda shit..or more specifically, it became shit after Blizz added item IDs because Blizz were the ones screwing your over and making your stuff disappear after you bought it. Before those, dupes may have messed up the economy but at least no innocents lost anything and noone had to worry.

Now however, duping (if it really does still exist) has had precious little real evidence to it and very, very few reports of items actually going poof (which can still have more than just duping as a reason). So IF it really does exist today, it is only known to very few people and based on everything you see it is only used on high value items and seems to have only affected people buying from that there silly FG site. So basically, professional farmers dupe stuff to sell for real money. As a result, your odds to be affected by it as someone who trades here or ingame are slim to none to begin with. Even more so if you're still "kinda new" and hence unlikely to be trading for Enigma and the like quite yet. And even more so since professional farmers (i.e. the ones most likely to be duping, if anyone) nowadays actually have a bit of a reputation to protect and would look to dupe in a non-poofing way (read: duping a
Ber
that goes poof will piss off your customers..duping 2
Sur
+ gem to cube to a
Ber
so your customer gets a legit
Ber
means a happy customer).

I still remember just how stupidly annoying dupes were to deal with back in the day. Today, at least for now, I'm neither fully convinced they do exist nor worried about getting them here. Unless you dish out 40
Jah
to someone with 0 trust for the most perfect rare ever rolled..then I might think twice just out of Principle. But at the same time, anyone able to dupe said rare doesn't need your 40
Jah
because they can just dupe those themselves..hence them moving to real-money trades instead. Would only go the other way if they want that insane rare from you to then dupe it.

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
I am honest, I don't use it very often, I find it a bit cumbersome to use.

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
Ok, now I have to ask..seeing how you're on the exact screen to close out the trade anyways, how is 1 click cumbersome? I genuinely can't think of a less cumbersome way of implementing it.

Necrarch 1669Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Not one click, Schnorki, 3. One to click on "mark item sold", one to click on the person you sold to, one to click on "sold". And in option some more to add the price.

If you're buyer, two. One to trust, one to unwatch.

That's really annoying, ALL those clicks. ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Necrarch 1669Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
StaticYeti wrote: 1 year ago

As for the number of trust, it's written on every person's name when in trade section. I was at 0 a year ago, now... well, I spend more time here than actual D2R. :D

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Exchanging trust is just part of the routine I follow to close out a trade because it's right there in my face. As the seller, I always give it provided that they replied in my thread. There are a few times I've sold to N/A and it's usually because either the buyer contacted me directly without posting in the trade thread, or I sold the item on another site. I also have one bulk sale thread for
Annihilus
charms where no trust is exchanged because of how the thread was set up for multiple items and buyers.

Otherwise, 90-95% of the time, the buyer will return the favor for trust without prompting. The ones that don't care are those who are completely new here or don't use this site often. I've only explicitly requested it once because it was a big trade and it would help out the bookkeeping for this site's item trade history.

As a seller, I can say that the response rate for trust here is far better than what you get these days as a seller on eBay, where it feels like it's closer to 50%. The potential issues that exist for tangible items don't exist for in-game items. I know that as a buyer, I leave eBay feedback maybe about 80-90% of the time, with the exceptions being for items I return or times that I simply neglect to leave feedback because it took me forever to actually use the item I bought.

The only site where I don't leave feedback for the seller is Amazon, and I'd say that's largely because it never really had a peer-to-peer feel to it. The Amazon Marketplace was added very late into Amazon's e-commerce history and sellers don't get featured much in their e-commerce/shopping cart workflow. You could also say something similar about present-day eBay because a lot of sellers aren't individuals anymore, although it tends to retain more of a peer-to-peer feel due to how you fill out an item listing description.

Otherwise, whether it's Etsy, Traderie, here, or anywhere else, I'm all for acknowledging the seller's services.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Not one click, Schnorki, 3. One to click on "mark item sold", one to click on the person you sold to, one to click on "sold". And in option some more to add the price.

If you're buyer, two. One to trust, one to unwatch.

That's really annoying, ALL those clicks. ^^
1. At least as a seller.
The part in question was merely the trust, not closing a trade and trust. I guess one could consider closing a trade cumbersome as well if 1 click for trust is already too much but mweh. :)

Ok, ok, 2 as a buyer..notification -> trust. Unless you'd never open up your notification dropdown for any other reason to eventually see it anyways..then it really is 3..so yeah, worst case about a second.
As for the number of trust, it's written on every person's name when in trade section. I was at 0 a year ago, now... well, I spend more time here than actual D2R. :D
That's awesome haha, I plan on getting more involved into the forums and trading myself.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Do yourself a favor and don't be too worried about dupes. Grant yourself some Peace of mind.
I think i am gonna start getting into trading a bit more and get used to it. Thanks for the response! It did make it less scary for me to get into haha.

Necrarch 1669Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For information, with my 200-ish successful trades, I have never undergone any scam attempt when going through d2.
Io

In a few public sales though I saw at least one, so be much more cautious in that case.

Annihilus

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
For information, with my 200-ish successful trades, I have never undergone any scam attempt when going through d2.
Io

In a few public sales though I saw at least one, so be much more cautious in that case.
Closing in on 700 here, I can still count the scam attempts on 1 hand (without using the full hand ;)).
In-game..I lost count months ago.
I only recently started trading, and it was here - already have done several trades, all succesful, apart from the one time i read it wrong ^.^

And i did get to award and receive trust for a few of those trades> I personally am kind of sensitive to these kind of tags: when i see a tag like that, i automatically feel preference over the higher trust amounts :)

Just how that works generally, but of course there's no (or hardly any) guarantees in life, especially on the internet!

But the nice thing about this site is that everything you need to know to make a succesful first trade, is here for your information.

So far, so good!

Schnorki 3216Moderator

PC
One thing to note is that a new season seems to mean new people joining the site as well. Had an unusual amount of "0-trust interactions" since S2 started though apart from one, they've all been rock solid.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...