Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   6226 views

If you could up uniques to compete with runewords, what would they be ?

No data yet

Description

Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
For those still wondering: "On strike" and "On kill" effects only work with weapon strikes and weapon kills.
Angel_Witch wrote: 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback, but I am pretty sure that this effect would only trigger on physical attacks that kill the target and not spells - Breath of the Dying has this effect wtih
Poison Nova
already and it doesn't work on any Spell and on some special cases also not on attacks (for example:
Whirlwind
). So wouldn't work with
Hurricane
at all and for
Lightning Fury
it probably would only work on the targets that do die from the main projectile.
ahhh, you're right. oh well, it would still be a cool option to get some AOE damage on melee characters.
I think the best way to make Unique good again is to create some much better jewels. Like FCR or +skill jewel
OP

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
DerTwo wrote: 1 year ago
I think the best way to make Unique good again is to create some much better jewels. Like FCR or +skill jewel
That's indeed a way, as it would increase the value of sockets. But would be a breakchanger for the rest, but definitely an interesting idea. A 5% FCR could definitely be a cool affix for a jewel, so would be a 5% frw, 3% life steal or 3% mana steal.

Any other suggestions, if possible linked to specific builds that would build competitors to Hoto / Spirit ? Perhaps some Sin
Claws
?

> While I am at assassins add a -15% requirements to Nat armor and Nat
Claws
would be a good start + a level required of 60 for the highest pieces, to use the full Nat set. Perhaps to ALL elite sets actually, align to level 60 max

Let's think of others :
- Sorc : Weapons for sorc are already BiS (Eschuta / Death Fathom) and actually new Obessions fills in the gap. Uniques are missing here;,
Lidless Wall
is by no means an endgame item so not much to say. Armor,
Ormus
is already rather good but may need at little up to compare to Enigma or CoH ? I am not playing Sorc, would
Ormus
Robes need something ? Perhaps 2 sockets by default ?
Tal
set is already the best set in the game so not sure if needs something, even if replacing life leech / mana leech by life after kill / mana after kill would make more sense for
Tal
Mask
- but would not work any more for mercs. Your thoughts ?

--> Missed that Asha suggested to add something to Eschuta. Perhaps 1-2 os to allow facets ?

- Pala ; Well, as long as Grief is not nerfed there is little to do for weapon. HoZ is already excellent, and so is Exile that I can't consider a "too used" runeword. More worried about the armor slot. Upping
Tyrael's Might
to add +1 to
Teleport
would be really nice as stated above !

- Druid : I don't know that class at all, would need some advice...

- Barb : Not sure to know what to do here neither... improving Immortal King's armor, would that work ? +
Corpsemourn
as suggested above seems... real fun (even if removing a horking chance - not only for Barb obviously). :)

- Zon : Mavina's Caster is an obvious choice. Would 2 or 3 sockets to it make it a viable weapon ? + the same for M'avina's armor ? Can good old
Windforce
or
Lycander's Aim
come with 2 sockets each (and Witchwild 3 to make it up for it) ?
Titan's Revenge
is already great, not much to say.

I know well necros, not too badly Sins, but less the others so please provide ideas :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I don´t think upping uniques is the right move. Better nerf the runewords, that are way too strong.
OP

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
shrodo wrote: 1 year ago
I don´t think upping uniques is the right move. Better nerf the runewords, that are way too strong.
That's an idea, why not starting a new thread for this ? :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

ShadowHeart 1760Moderator

Europe PC
I have thought about this too and while I generally like this idea, if the past is any indication, Blizzard would leave the ones already made as-is and let the nerf only affect newly created rune words, which would mean the old (pre-nerf) ones would become astronomically expensive post-nerf. Also, if they were to actually do this, wouldn't people just rush to create as many of the pre-nerf versions as possible ASAP to sell for big $$ post-nerf? I don't know how they could go about this is in a good way.

But yeah, create a new topic to discuss that, I think :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I have thought about this too and while I generally like this idea, if the past is any indication, Blizzard would leave the ones already made as-is and let the nerf only affect newly created rune words, which would mean the old (pre-nerf) ones would become astronomically expensive post-nerf. Also, if they were to actually do this, wouldn't people just rush to create as many of the pre-nerf versions as possible ASAP to sell for big $$ post-nerf? I don't know how they could go about this is in a good way.

But yeah, create a new topic to discuss that, I think :)
Blizz has already said they don't want to nerf anything. Introduce new stuff every so often, perhaps buff some existing stuff but not nerf anything. Which makes sense because yes, some folks (myself included) would immediately go and make 20 more Enigmas to sell post-nerf for infinite Jahs each. :P

Then again, not like Blizz reliably does what they said they would.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Blizz has already said they don't want to nerf anything. Introduce new stuff every so often, perhaps buff some existing stuff but not nerf anything. Which makes sense because yes, some folks (myself included) would immediately go and make 20 more Enigmas to sell post-nerf for infinite Jahs each. :P

Personally think this is a ridiculously silly statement from Blizzard to not considering nerfs at. It's like having an equation with two variables and you only look at one of them. As far as I am concerend, nerfs are even more important than buffs because buffs only get into the head of the people when they see that their previous way of doing things isn't as effective anymore.

In this case I'd actually for once like when Blizzard does something else from what they were saying.

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
For arguments sake lets assume the nerf would be that Enigma doesnt grant +1
Teleport
anymore. That would be true for alle enigmas, new one and already existing ones. So it wouldn´t impact the pricing in the way you are proposing.

ShadowHeart 1760Moderator

Europe PC
Hmm, it would be a bit of a controversial move to nerf items that people already have in their possession, as it could potentially ruin builds (depending on what the nerf actually is, like anything that lets you reach a breakpoint for IAS, FCR or FHR). In the past when Blizz has re-worked items (uniques), they let the old ones be, didn't they? Also, lets say Enigma lost
Teleport
, wouldn't everyone be going back to only/mostly farm with Sorcs like in the really old days? It would just reduce diversity in builds used for farming, wouldn't it? In that particular case, I think I'd prefer if they added the
Teleport
oskill to one or two more items, like the suggestion here for
Tyrael's Might
. Maybe. I don't know lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I would remove the
Teleport
proc on
The Oculus
. That's all it needs to suddenly be a viable weapon that competes with HOTO and
Eschuta's Temper
. It's in a really great place with all its other stats to be a viable choice, but the suicide proc is just... awful.
Ideally any sort of Major Balance Patch would drop along with a new Ladder-Season and then perhaps just adjust things that are bugged or broken along the way.

Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
- Zon : Mavina's Caster is an obvious choice. Would 2 or 3 sockets to it make it a viable weapon ? + the same for M'avina's armor ? Can good old
Windforce
or
Lycander's Aim
come with 2 sockets each (and Witchwild 3 to make it up for it) ?
Back in LoD, I had
M'avina's Caster
with a 40/15 max jewel. It still wasn't good enough because that only brought it up to 228% ED and 45-251 weapon damage. The bow simply isn't competitive from a physical damage standpoint. Now if you want to gear it towards frostmaidens which is really the only subclass that even has a use for the set, then the cold damage bonuses are currently nonexistent. Maybe you could argue 2-3 +5/-5 cold facets socketed in it might make it better. I say it probably won't make much of a difference.

The real forgotten unique is
Eaglehorn
. It simply sucks right now. I found one running WSK yesterday and I'm not even sure why I picked it up other than to have a look at it. It's not a remotely competitive option right now. As a 1.08 unique, it was designed to slot below
Windforce
back in a time when uniques had very few interesting gameplay features. At least
Windforce
has managed to stay relevant after 20+ years.
Eaglehorn
is quintessential
Charsi
food.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Interesting. What about adding to
M'avina's Caster
some cold piercing like
Wizendraw
then + a socket ?

As for
Eaglehorn
, you cannot save all uniques ^^

Annihilus
I think that would be good.
Wizendraw
could be a blueprint for
M'avina's Caster
. Bring over its enemy cold resist reduction and add a couple of sockets to it, and M'avina's would at least stand out a little more to frostmaidens. Those two bows are already kind of similar otherwise with the attack rating and
Magic Arrow
bonuses.

I'd also give it at least 33%
Pierce
to make up for how using the full set would rule out
Razortail
. I'd also consider adding
Freezing Arrow
skill points to it.

As a set item and not a unique, perhaps it's not supposed to be as strong of a standalone piece as other unique weapons, but the other parts of M'avina's set are so underwhelming that the bow also needs to better bridge the gap between its current state and an actually desirable
Grand Matron Bow

It still won't touch Faith in popularity, but it could at least be a viable alternative to Ice, which is already underwhelming in its own right for a
Jah
and
Lo
because the Amazon cold tree branch can't compete with the Sorceress's entire cold tree tab.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hi all,

Thanks for your participation to this topic. Let's summarize the suggestions:

- Sets in general: make all set items that require a level more than 60 to be at 60. Rationale: make them useful before being overcomed by uniques and runewords.

- Necro:
>
Boneshade
: +10% fcr from 25 to 35. Rationale: make it a competitor to HotO (more offense) and White (more fcr).

>
Marrowwalk
: +10% frw or fhr, -15% requirements. Rationale : make them the standard for summoners, without needing so much strength.

>
Trang-Oul's Wing
: add 2 open sockets. Rationale : allow more flexibility, especially Poison facets for Poisonmancers.

- Amazon:
>
M'avina's Caster
: add some cold resistance piercing like on
Wizendraw
+2 os +
Pierce
% (20? 33?). Rationale : super weak now, will be way better for Frost Maidens.

>
Lycander's Aim
: now comes with 1-2 os. Rationale : make it more competitive.

>
Windforce
: now comes with 1-2 os. Same rationale.

>
Witchwild String
: now comes with 2-3 os. Rationale : matching previous ones.

>
Eaglehorn
: Do something BIG for that one, it needs it ! No idea on what though. :)... perhaps 5 os! Or something thematic like
Tornado
/
Cyclone Armor
0skills ?

- Sorceress:
>
Eschuta's Temper
: Adding some elemental piercing. To be carefully measured to make it slightly better, not OP. Why not 10% all 3 (f/c/l)?

>
The Oculus
: change
Teleport
direction from "semi random" to "opposite of the damage source". Rationale : can still make surprises but less seemingly random ones.

- Assassin:
>
Natalya's Shadow
: now comes with 2-3 os, never 1, and -15% requirements. Rationale : avoid the ridiculous 1 os roll + make it less strength demanding to wear.

>
Natalya's Mark
: add -10% requirements. Rationale : require less str/dex to wear.

- Druid:

>
Plague Bearer
: add Poison damage lower resistance effect (perhaps -15%?). Rationale : help
Rabies
druids.

Barbarian:

>
Immortal King's Soul Cage
: now comes with 2 os. Rationale : add flexibility.

>
Immortal King's Stone Crusher
: change IAS from 40 to 60. Rationale: every user already adds a
Shael
it seems, or even 2.

- Others:
>
Corpsemourn
: replace
Corpse Explosion
charges by 33% chance to cash when killkng enemy. Rationale : fun to add ability for melee to explorer bodies.

>
Tyrael's Might
: add +1 to
Teleport
Oskill. Rationale: make a competitor for Enigma for the rarest item of the game.

>
Black Hades
:
Add +1 to all skills. Rationale : make it useful.

>
Head Hunter's Glory
:
Make sockets 2-3 instead of 1-3 to avoid the 1 fail. Add some lower resists effect. Rationale : give it extra efficiency.

- Jewels:

Add the following suffixes: 5% fcr, 3% frw, 3% life steal, 3% mana steal, for magic only. Would make them - and the corresponding sockets so uniques- more valuable.

Have I forgotten something guys ?
Thanks !

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation