Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   2039 views

Description

If you want an avatar to be added to the gallery, please attach your image here in a reply. It must meet the following requirements:
  • Must be strictly related to Diablo 2 or Diablo 2: Resurrected.
  • Must be cropped to exactly 100x100 pixels in dimensions.
  • Must be native resolution, or upscaled using Waifu2x if necessary.
I'll accept an avatar and add to the gallery only if it meets the above conditions and if I think it fits in.

Why can't we upload our own avatars?

I have run forums for over 20 years and an upload option inevitably leads to weeb anime avatars, poor quality JPEGs, and having to police all uploads constantly. The gallery system allows the site to maintain a consistent aesthetic which in turn helps it feel more immersive and on-topic. It also ensures that users of high pixel density displays get the same quality images, and that the layout remains consistent no matter the device viewport. Please don't ask me to introduce an upload feature.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
If you want an avatar to be added to the gallery, please attach your image here in a reply. It must meet the following requirements:
  • Must be strictly related to Diablo 2 or Diablo 2: Resurrected.
  • Must be cropped to exactly 100x100 pixels in dimensions.
  • Must be native resolution, or upscaled using Waifu2x if necessary.
I'll accept an avatar and add to the gallery only if it meets the above conditions and if I think it fits in.

Why can't we upload our own avatars?

I have run forums for over 20 years and an upload option inevitably leads to weeb anime avatars, poor quality JPEGs, and having to police all uploads constantly. The gallery system allows the site to maintain a consistent aesthetic which in turn helps it feel more immersive and on-topic. It also ensures that users of high pixel density displays get the same quality images, and that the layout remains consistent no matter the device viewport. Please don't ask me to introduce an upload feature.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
I'm too stupid to follow, apparently, simple instructions on how to make an image with those requirements. But I'd like to see an Uber Portal being added if possible :P

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
I'm too stupid to follow, apparently, simple instructions on how to make an image with those requirements. But I'd like to see an Uber Portal being added if possible :P
Added to 'Misc' gallery folder.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@Teebling Thank you! \o/
Edit1: Any chance of making this a .gif in the future? That would look so dope!

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling Thank you! \o/
Edit1: Any chance of making this a .gif in the future? That would look so dope!
Could do pal, adding to the list.

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Just dropping a note that you can now select any of the 597 unique icon artwork graphics as your avatar :)

Can we get An Evil Force?

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/An_Evil_Force

Sorry if its already there, couldn't find it..

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Does it have to be an image directly from in-game? If not, I cropped these D2R character grabs from promos and trailers.
I also have a series of Fan-Edits of the original designs that I could crop and adjust if people were interested; which you can see here: https://i.redd.it/8cxekyiupbo61.jpg

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Oh very nice work mate! I'll have these up in the gallery soon. As for fannart, yeah sure thing, providing the artists are happy for us to put them up here.

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Oh very nice work mate! I'll have these up in the gallery soon. As for fannart, yeah sure thing, providing the artists are happy for us to put them up here.
Awesome!

And well, considering I am the artist who did all of the one's in the example I showed, I can at least speak for that! haha.
I want to mess around with a few more over the weekend but I will clean up and crop some of them before long. :-)

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
BMAY wrote: 2 years ago
And well, considering I am the artist who did all of the one's in the example I showed, I can at least speak for that! haha.
Oh! :lol: My apologies I've had so many messages since yesterday, must have not seen you did them yourself.

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Here are some of my fan edits I mentioned, that I think would be cool Avatars to choose from:
  • 2 tweaked Druid faces
  • 3 tweaked Necro faces
  • 3 tweaked Pally faces
  • 3 tweaked Sin faces
  • 3 tweaked Sorc faces
  • 3 tweaked Zon faces
  • 2 tweaked Barb faces
Edit: Added a couple Barbarian edits.

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
@BMAY these are absolutely sick, how did you morph the facial features like that? So cool!

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
@BMAY these are absolutely sick, how did you morph the facial features like that? So cool!
Thanks! Lets just say photomanipulation software has come a long, long way!

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Okay Now here's a happy (some would say creepy) bunch of edits. 1 Smiling version of each class 😄

I also included a couple barbarian edits to my previous post above as well, which previous didn't have any barb revisions.

PS: I totally understand if 3-4 similar edits are unnecessary; as I'm not sure how different each one will read once they're 50x50 px or whatever the standard display size is. Feel free to pick & choose.

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
:lol: these are actually wonderful

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
BMAY wrote: 2 years ago
Okay Now here's a happy (some would say creepy) bunch of edits. 1 Smiling version of each class 😄

I also included a couple barbarian edits to my previous post above as well, which previous didn't have any barb revisions.

PS: I totally understand if 3-4 similar edits are unnecessary; as I'm not sure how different each one will read once they're 50x50 px or whatever the standard display size is. Feel free to pick & choose.
They look so fucking creepy to me!
Anyone else?

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Indeed it was always the intention to ride the line between creepy/funny/wholesome.

OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Okay @BMAY I've added the avatars to the 'Classes' section of the avatar gallery.

@blastro I also added an Evil Force to the 'Misc' section.

BMAY 529

Assassin Americas PC
Okay @BMAY I've added the avatars to the 'Classes' section of the avatar gallery.
Awesome.

I see you've chosen a new avatar yourself 😁

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...