Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2101 views

Description

Were you able to complete all your ladder goals in the first month (if you had any)? Are you still looking for certain pieces of gear? Or are you satisfied with where your characters are now? Tell me about your ladder journey's so far :D

Mine: Currently I sit in the top 500 Barbs at lvl 93 (almost 94). I decided to keep going past my initial set goals of stopping at 80-85 and I've actually found a lot of cool stuff along the way and have experimented with different things. My Barb is no longer
Leap Attack
, as sadly I couldn't make it work, so I instead I decided to fall back on a build I had been wanting to try for awhile:
Dagger
Frenzy
. As a bonus I turned him into a 0 MF / 0 GF rune and runeword base horker. I primarily farm The Pit for runes and runeword bases to help gear up any friends who still need help. I plan on stopping at 95-96 because I also enjoy blood crafting rings, for the same reason. I know you don't have to be that high of a lvl to craft good blood rings or amulets, but it's been so long since I've had a ladder barb that high a lvl, so I want to try =D

What about you, how's your ladder journey going so far?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Were you able to complete all your ladder goals in the first month (if you had any)? Are you still looking for certain pieces of gear? Or are you satisfied with where your characters are now? Tell me about your ladder journey's so far :D

Mine: Currently I sit in the top 500 Barbs at lvl 93 (almost 94). I decided to keep going past my initial set goals of stopping at 80-85 and I've actually found a lot of cool stuff along the way and have experimented with different things. My Barb is no longer
Leap Attack
, as sadly I couldn't make it work, so I instead I decided to fall back on a build I had been wanting to try for awhile:
Dagger
Frenzy
. As a bonus I turned him into a 0 MF / 0 GF rune and runeword base horker. I primarily farm The Pit for runes and runeword bases to help gear up any friends who still need help. I plan on stopping at 95-96 because I also enjoy blood crafting rings, for the same reason. I know you don't have to be that high of a lvl to craft good blood rings or amulets, but it's been so long since I've had a ladder barb that high a lvl, so I want to try =D

What about you, how's your ladder journey going so far?

Made a difficult path on purpose. Lightning spearzon, farming to get my Infinity, really close, sitting on
Ber
Sur
and other nice runes...
All with no
Teleport
, no light Fury!
Can't bear to play a sorc, everyone is a sorc, and
Teleport
makes things... ultra short.
Edit: managed to trade for another
Ber
. This Infinity in a mat
Spear
is murdering everything. Diablo 8 player just poofs. Gonna have some fun and farm stuff for a magezon, like Enigma and another Infinity for a merc.
Got all Bis gears for my KickSin. Got even CoH after an unexpected
Ber
dropped. My build is completed for farming.
Traded to get 1
Jah
. Another
Ber
dropped.

Now I am farming Keys and Torchs to buy 2
Jah
+ 1
Sur
Once Last Wish is made, I will change to the final build of my kicksin to see if she can beat my smiter at killing Ubers.

Relax and have fun!
Let us know if you get any good blood crafted ring! Always enjoy seeing god rolls on those.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Think my only goal was to be able to kill
Diablo Clone
with summon druid!

Took me some time (I missed the first 1 or 2 spawns) but now it's easy - just takes some time, compared to smiters and stuff.

I'd like to be able to craft a Beast weapon or Enigma before the end of ladder, but we'll see!
Had to touch grass and play other games nut my MA Phoenix/tail sin got the game and some stuff. I'm usually quite unlucky (and my barb
Bash
merc is basically a hobo) but
Stormshield
is nice, crafted 4 BO CtA (my first one), can farm almost anything but those resistances in HellCS... balrogs are pain to kill. And could you tell me, does sorc
Meteor
stack damage from fire? 'Cause assa's one surely does. And she is a cool boss killer for that.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Goal #1: Get a dclone speed-killer up before the first walk. Check.
Goal #2: Abuse the above for massive easy income early on. Check.
Goal #3: Utilize the above to trade for the last handful of pieces (rly only like 5 charms) that were missing for my non-ladder chars asap because I just never found anyone still offering them there. Check.

That was basically it and what I had predicted/planned going into it.

Since then, I've just done a wee bit of experimenting, mainly to look into better or more interesting budget all-in-one solutions for season 2, in case I decide to still bother with that as a source of more income when it comes around and been funneling whatever additional ladder Wealth that yielded back into non-ladder to fill up the last of my "just in case" rune stash. Seeing how that's close to full though and I keep still selling annis decently well, I'm inclined to say S2 won't be an income-thing anymore (possible new changes completely changing gear requirements and using up said runes not withstanding) and will then indeed be a just for fun thing on the side while non-ladder still continues to be my "real interest". Hell, might even look into classic and/or hardcore at that point.
My main goal is to dust my IRL friends on the board. Succeeding so far though I have played an unhealthy amount lol. Almost have accomplished my goal of building an Enigma. Sitting on a
Jah
and
Sur
atm.
First 2.5 weeks of ladder found a
Jah
and 2
Ber
for Enigma and Beast for my summon necro. Now I’m giving it away all tonight and shuttin er down for summer, hopefully someone can make good use of it 👍
Stringbeanwich wrote: 1 year ago
First 2.5 weeks of ladder found a
Jah
and 2
Ber
for Enigma and Beast for my summon necro. Now I’m giving it away all tonight and shuttin er down for summer, hopefully someone can make good use of it 👍
It's crazy how lucky some of you are haha.

I just leveled up one character this ladder to be able to grab some Annis and then transfer them to my nonladder characters, since I've never had one before. Managed to grab some over the last few walks, so I guess i achieved my goals.
It took me one month to reach my goal of making an Infinity and that's only because I got lucky and had some random monster in the
Frozen River
drop a
Ber
I got about as lucky as I could get this ladder. Started sorc and dropped a
Tal
armor early, along with a couple good runes. Then dropped a GC farming Nihlithak and re-rolled it whenever i had spare pgems. about a week later rolled a +45 pcomb. Was able to trade that for enough finish sorc and gear the rest of my squad. Got Enigma, Infinity, Grief, COH, and Griffons.
On D2R launch my friend and I were able to build an Enigma by combining our runes.

But in ladder we were able to get our own Enigmas. He quit, but I am still going and now I have a Tesladin after farming up 2 more Jahs.

Now the goal is to get Hand of Justice + Dragon for full on Auradin.
OP
Wow you guys are all doing great so far! Another one of my goals was to make a viable barb build that is uncommon but using budget gear, and I believe I’ve succeed. The only “not budget” items on the guy are Highlords and an almost perfect Ravens (that I actually found myself week 2 of ladder). He also happens to be an amazing Dclone (and boss) killer 😛
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Let us know if you get any good blood crafted ring! Always enjoy seeing god rolls on those.
I crafted this at Lvl 90 and am trying to roll something like it again with better stats. One of the best blood rings I’ve crafted in quite some time.

Yea that one's very nice! Gotta love the high light res. I watched a vid yesterday of some guy crafting 125 blood rings in a row and only got one or two decent ones.

Really puts it in perspective how rare a good
Blood Ring
is.. Here's my best one yet if you're curious (still can't use it though.. maybe in another month or two!)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
I started with a Javazon. She is currently lvl 88 and its fun, its my first time playing Ama. But i had no luck so far in terms of rune drops.
I got one
Sur
which i traded to build Grief and then i build me a Horker which is at lvl 90 with 597 MF. I am doing Trav Runs with him for the last two weekends, best Rune so far was a
Pul
xD.

My Goal this season is to make me a CTA for my Java and make Enigma. But with my luck, that might not be possible :(
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
First one was sold for a
Vex

Relax and have fun!
Found most of what I need for my sorceress (Infinity, anni and torch) in the first 3 weeks. Now I've saved a few high runes for some undecided future build, maybe I'll be starting a new character.
I started a week late due to Elden Ring, so far my best finds are a
Harlequin Crest
and a
Vex

Burning Hells and burning out since 2004.
Things have been fairly dry as far as high runes go. Well, highest runes...

I've probably gotten 3-4 Ohms so far, and a few
Vex
. Nothin beyond that. I don't really need them for any of my characters, I've considered cubing my Ohms into a
Lo
so I can give my Act5 merc a Grief but it seems wiser just to put them towards an Infinity or Griffons... I've never owned one before.

Best drop I've found so far are these
Boots
which I believe to be worth quite a bit. But they have sentimental value, I honestly don't think I could bear to sell them. They actually dropped in Classic Ladder in NM
Chaos Sanctuary
:

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through Battle.net if you're interested in one of my items, especially if I don't respond immediately to a thread I've posted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...