Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   305 views

Description

Hello everyone,

Just like in the title. I set up most of the email notifications to enabled so I can immediately know when someone is writing to me or wanna buy my item but it's not working. I got some messages but never got any notification email.

Cheers :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone,

Just like in the title. I set up most of the email notifications to enabled so I can immediately know when someone is writing to me or wanna buy my item but it's not working. I got some messages but never got any notification email.

Cheers :)
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Energia123 wrote: 2 years ago
You changed something?
Nope, could be something to do with the new server - maybe before the requests were being chopped off due to over-capacity or something. Glad it's working for you now, marking fixed.

If you want to do a trade fast you can write to me on discord or in-game too. Also please check my other staff for sale! We can do more than one trade at once! :)
check your settings if you did aply changes. Also for me messages were going straight into spam folder so check there

How to contact me to do trade?

You have 3 options:
1. From the game type /w Morph#21260 Hi
2. Join to group before trading, you will be removed after trade is completed https://blizzard.com/invite/BZyaxpcPPB
3. Send me your battletag in pm
OP
Checked all tabs like spam, unwanted messages and all that stuff and there is no single email notification still :/

If you want to do a trade fast you can write to me on discord or in-game too. Also please check my other staff for sale! We can do more than one trade at once! :)

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
@Energia123 the email notifications are working but not for 'trade sold' at the moment - working on it.

OP
@Teebling here you are my notifications settings. I checked most of them so I think I should get notification everytime someone write a post on my trade or a private message, right? But there are no messages at all :/

PS. I tried to change email to another one and notifications worked but on my gmail (which I want to stay on) notifications are not working. Maybe something wrong with email changing feature? Or maybe it's the email provider kind of thing ?

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
PS. I tried to change email to another one and notifications worked but on my gmail (which I want to stay on) notifications are not working. Maybe something wrong with email changing feature? Or maybe it's the email provider kind of thing ?
Looks like it's an issue with Gmail specifically then yeah, have you tried whitelisting the email [email protected] yet? Or seeing if it's in spam (again)?

I'll do a little digging on this side as well but I'm p sure all systems operational for email notifications, bar the one for trade sold.

OP
So in this moment when I was writing that my spam is still empty I got 2 notifications on my email (yay!).
One that I have been mentioned and second one that I have a reply on my topic. You changed something? :)

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
You changed something?
Nope, could be something to do with the new server - maybe before the requests were being chopped off due to over-capacity or something. Glad it's working for you now, marking fixed.
This post was marked as the fix.

OP
Almost all my notifications going to spam. What can I do to prevent this? I already clicked the button "this is not a spam" twice. Any other method I should use maybe?

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Almost all my notifications going to spam. What can I do to prevent this? I already clicked the button "this is not a spam" twice. Any other method I should use maybe?
Something you'll need to consult your email provider's support about - I can't do anything about it. Keep marking as not spam, or add the address to a spam whitelist - google that, gmail may have it as a feature.

OP
Ok I will write the little "guide" for anyone who encounters the same problem. The whitelist for gmail in 2021 is only for premium accounts BUT there are at least 2 things you can do:

1) Add [email protected] (I believe it's the right email) as a new contact to your gmail contact list. Simply:
  • Open your gmail
  • On top - right you need to click on "google aplications" (those 9 dots)
  • Choose "Contacts" (blue circle)
  • On the new tab click on the "add new contact" button (top - left)
  • Provide email from above

2) If that doesn't work and received notifications will still end up in spam, then you can use an option to 'train' the gmail spam filter to not send those messages to your spam folder by clicking on "this is not a spam" button inside your message in spam folder.

Hope this helps! :)

@Teebling Perhaps configuring DKIM can help. Not sure how to do it with your provider, generally should be a setting you enable and it'll give you a txt record to add to your dns

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
@Noemard Dreamhost says DKIM not possible since the mails are sent through PHP.

You can configure phpbb to send through smtp. I imagine dreamhost pre-configured a smtp server for you.

Looks like they have an article https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/art ... M-records-

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Noemard wrote: 2 years ago
You can configure phpbb to send through smtp. I imagine dreamhost pre-configured a smtp server for you.

Looks like they have an article https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/art ... M-records-
It's something I can try but SMTP is viewed even more suspiciously by mail providers in the past I've found, I'll give it a test nonetheless.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...