diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   4403 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

Teebling 5799Admin

Europe PC
Just an update for you all - I've put in an order for a beefier server today since donations keep coming in.

Specs: Intel Xeon 12-Core 24-Thread 16 GB RAM.

This sites great so it's not surprising it's getting so much sustained use after launch, glad people are helping with the slow queries and scaling issues, it's never easy having a web app become so popular so quickly. I would suggest, if donations end up allowing it, setting up a load balancer in front of several servers (even just two would be fine), and setting up the MySQL database to scale horizontally on its own cluster of servers on the same private network. This would help spread out the load across several PHP instances on different servers which will help a ton with high traffic throughput. It would also be worth looking into setting up a redis cache in front of MySQL for a lot of the most frequent queries for pages that don't change often (like item description pages, tooltips) as this will help a ton with response time and database load.
OP

Teebling 5799Admin

Europe PC
Hey looter, thanks for the suggestions.
looter wrote: 2 years ago
I would suggest, if donations end up allowing it, setting up a load balancer in front of several servers (even just two would be fine), and setting up the MySQL database to scale horizontally on its own cluster of servers on the same private network. This would help spread out the load across several PHP instances on different servers which will help a ton with high traffic throughput.
Would be good yeah, if it ever sustains more traffic consistently. For now the new dedicated server I've ordered should keep the site feeling snappy - it's also on CloudFlare's CDN btw.
looter wrote: 2 years ago
It would also be worth looking into setting up a redis cache in front of MySQL for a lot of the most frequent queries for pages that don't change often (like item description pages, tooltips) as this will help a ton with response time and database load.
Cacheing is already in place for most of the static queries for db items etc., but we've done work on optimising the queries themselves so far.

Love the honesty @Teebling so thank you for that.
Didn't visit the site the last few days but noticed the Captachas and was quite annoyed, to be honest too.
Glad it was troublesome but manageable, so good job, too!

Keep up the good work, still love this site!
Btw: didn't get to to notice the donation, so let us know if we can help!

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
Site is a bit slow, but workable, keep up the great work and hope for more improvements!
Thanks for fighting for the websites survival, seems to get better and better, hopefully we have the smoothest fastest best d2 trade website here soon
OP

Teebling 5799Admin

Europe PC
Revenant wrote: 2 years ago
Site is a bit slow, but workable, keep up the great work and hope for more improvements!
How about now? :P New server just went online.

The server feels so good now! GJ!
Yes! Loading times are back to normal :)!
Yall are all awesome! Thanks for being here and working so hard!
This site and all the work you all have put in is very much appreciated! you guys rock! I've been passing this site on to friends getting back into the game and D2R. This is my go-to site now! Keep up the great work..
this was quite the read. thanks for being transparent.

appreciate all your hard work.

y2kid 109

PC
First off, thanks to @zilonka who commented on this and bumped it to the front page so I got to read this incredible post :D. Also, thank you for all the hard work and transparency @Teebling. This post made me want to contribute in any way possible. I have gotten in touch previously with you and know you currently do not need more manpower on the dev front, so the next best thing I could do was to donate to the website directly ^^. Just hearing about your struggles recently made me want to support you in any way. Also, as a dev myself who puts up some projects for the things I love here and there and rely on donations to make his time worthwhile I know how great I feel when someone appreciates my work. You, sir have done an incredible thing and I hope I managed to make your day a tad better than it already was :). Keep up the great work and whenever you see it have a great rest of your day. You peep are amazing, let me know if I can help any further.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...