Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   2203 views

Do you think the Resurrected Beta is long enough?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 20

Description

From the look of things Diablo 2 Resurrected will only be playable for a total of 4 days in Beta before the retail product releases:
Blizzard wrote:
The upcoming test weekends... <snip>

...The Early Access weekend test will run until August 17 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). The Open Beta weekend will run until August 23 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). This will allow us to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Reference this Time Zone Converter to identify when the test will end in your region.

Source
Compared to some of Blizzard's other beta phases it seems rather short to me. WoW Classic for example - its beta lasted for months if I recall correctly. Are they really confident enough in the game at this stage to only make use of public testing for four days?

What do you guys think?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5818Admin

Europe PC
From the look of things Diablo 2 Resurrected will only be playable for a total of 4 days in Beta before the retail product releases:
Blizzard wrote:
The upcoming test weekends... <snip>

...The Early Access weekend test will run until August 17 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). The Open Beta weekend will run until August 23 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT). This will allow us to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Reference this Time Zone Converter to identify when the test will end in your region.

Source
Compared to some of Blizzard's other beta phases it seems rather short to me. WoW Classic for example - its beta lasted for months if I recall correctly. Are they really confident enough in the game at this stage to only make use of public testing for four days?

What do you guys think?

I think like others, to test servers, battle net integration, just see how it goes. Everyone log in at once and then once more even more when people get home. Slow rollin it in with pre, everyone, then every everyone once it releases great and everyone gets on.
i more or less fear ppl will not take holidays for a launch on a friday morning at 10 o'clock in north america.
so unless the rest of the world (19.00 here in europe) will start at the same time, server load should spread equally.

i fear there will be more issues on the 23rd..

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build

Khegan 376

It's not a proper Blizzard game unless there's server instability on day 1.
I wish it was a little bit longer quite frankly and I am afraid most of it will be server instability.
I think it's going to be ok because the company that did the legwork has had great success in replication. I'm confident Blizzard internally tested to a small degree and said "shits cash, ship it!"

Classic WoW had a decent beta, and the only issues that truly arose were player-made; world buff meta, bots rampant, homogenization of raid comps, and bloodthirsty PvP that alienated the weaker faction. I guess you could piggyback off that last issue and say Blizzard allowing server transfers also helped cause an imbalance, but there were server transfers in actual Vanilla; albeit to specified servers.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
For sure... this is a Beta and about content and play time i say that they can't give all the finished product in a beta ... that would be absurd. This is just a taste ...
Everything gets deleted after beta correct?

Khegan 376

CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
Everything gets deleted after beta correct?
Correct.

I wonder if our progress from early access Beta is brought over to open Beta. Not that it really matters, but it would be nice.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@Khegan Your progress from Early Access will carry over to Open Beta next week, yes.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I didn't pre-order, so I'll wait and see how it looks on launch.

Remember when games used to have free demos or shareware releases? I suspect 4 days of open beta is being used as a demo period as much as anything.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation