Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1466 views

Description

Was unsure about this, couldn't find anything online with a quick look. Wondering what happens when importing saves with old-patch or bugged items into D2R offline.

They're just replaced with current items? Stay the same? Don't appear at all?

Appologies if this was brought up somewhere.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

gore 21

Amazon Americas PC
Was unsure about this, couldn't find anything online with a quick look. Wondering what happens when importing saves with old-patch or bugged items into D2R offline.

Answeredby gore2 years agoGo to post
Been testing it out myself over the last couple hours. Legit old patch items work the same as D2/LoD, editing in Hero Editor is shockingly similar to how it has always been.

Though i've had issues when editing a character, loading into D2R as normal with everything working - and then re-editing spits out a version error message from Hero Editor. I half-expected that however

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
gore wrote: 2 years ago

Honestly those are great questions. I would like to know that myself. I know that several streamers have posted videos showcasing how to transfer the files. But not sure if they touched on what happens to bugged or hero-edited items.

Only got this short clip:

OP

gore 21

Amazon Americas PC
Been testing it out myself over the last couple hours. Legit old patch items work the same as D2/LoD, editing in Hero Editor is shockingly similar to how it has always been.

Though i've had issues when editing a character, loading into D2R as normal with everything working - and then re-editing spits out a version error message from Hero Editor. I half-expected that however
This post was marked as the best answer.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC

Thanks for the update on this Gore - keep us posted on anything else you find!

OP

gore 21

Amazon Americas PC
If I stumble upon something else, I'll mention it - but not yet so far. D2R doesn't seem to mind as to what items are edited/bugged etc. I've remade most bugged items through Hero without issues.

As long as you do all your edits prior to importing the save into D2R, there shouldn't be any issues. Once it's been loaded into D2R, the saves will no longer be able to be edited again.
I’m just waiting until console gets players with edited heroes and items. It’s bound to happen :(

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
OP

gore 21

Amazon Americas PC
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
I’m just waiting until console gets players with edited heroes and items. It’s bound to happen :(
I can see this happening first on Switch. D3 was rampant with hacked items on all platforms, but I felt that Switch was somewhat worse imo. Hopefully it stays to offline and doesn't seep over into online as it did for D3.
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
I can see this happening first on Switch. D3 was rampant with hacked items on all platforms, but I felt that Switch was somewhat worse imo. Hopefully it stays to offline and doesn't seep over into online as it did for D3.
Yeah I definitely see switch get hit hardest.

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation