What would be better for bonemancer - double
Um
or
Um
+
Ber
in
Tiara
? How to consider 8% dmg red vs. 15% resistance? I'm using eni so physical dmg is not a problem I think, and of course
Bone Armor
absorb it. Or maybe sth else would be better?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello.
What would be better for bonemancer - double
Um
or
Um
+
Ber
in
Tiara
? How to consider 8% dmg red vs. 15% resistance? I'm using eni so physical dmg is not a problem I think, and of course
Bone Armor
absorb it. Or maybe sth else would be better?
Resistances, you can get from many items (including charms), and you probably can max them without depending on your
Helm
🤔
On the other hand there are no much sources of Physical Resistance (caster in generally will only have 8% from Enigma). But remember that many Physical attacks may be blocked (you could invest in it if Physical attacks are a big problem for you)

But , at first, you should analyse what monsters are killing or almost killing you in your most common farms🤔
Maybe none... and so you may use the sockets for other things (like MF)
And if you have problem with an specific element, maybe using a rune that increase the max Resistance (like
Lo
) instead of
Um
may help too 🤔

When you are well equipped character, in general two monsters shows up was the greatest Players Killers:
Bone Fetish
(their explosion does Physical Damage, but may be Blocked) and
Willowisp
(deals lightning damage).
(But if you don't farm areas with them, or you don't feel them as threats... no need to get more resistance against them 😉)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Bonemancer is my favorite character and a huge part of that is how much control of the battlefield you have with it. With
Bone Wall
Bone Prison
, and
Decrepify
you almost never die, especially if you're wearing an Enigma, with your likely high FCR.

Given that, I find that survivability stats aren't that big a deal. But of the two big threats correctly identified by @fredkid, I'd say Willowisps are much more dangerous because you can't block their attacks with either an actual shield,
Bone Armor
, or your Bone constructions (they
Pierce
everything), and they're much harder to avoid than physical stuff (I pretty much never get touched by melee, in particular, unless I'm in auto-pilot).

So, with all that said, I think your priority should be to max out lightning resistance, then increase MF (or some other non-survivability stat), and I'd put physical resistance dead last. IMO, MF/other is the better option, since it's easy to max out lightning resistance from other sources and physical resistance will be wasted 90% of the time.
human_being wrote: 4 hours ago
I'd say Willowisps are much more dangerous because you can't block their attacks
True. Would consider 2x
Lo
for this reason, as @fredkid mentioned. Combined with
Wisp Projector
with decent % absorb, you'll get close to immune to lightning damage. Must add that i havn't tried this setup myself as my last bonemancer was some years ago.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. If u get item otherwise, retract ur pending offer. Edit ur post or post "retracted" to do so.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...