Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   535 views

Description

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding trades.

Sometimes I see trades here where someone wants to buy 100+ of a specific item and offer only 1 item back. (For example: A bunch of gems for a high rune)
How are these trades done normally? From what I remember is that trade screens do not allow anything near that number.

Is the trader supposed to trade a few times and then in the final one the expected item for trade is then received back?

Thanks,
Necroth
Description by Necrothh

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding trades.

Sometimes I see trades here where someone wants to buy 100+ of a specific item and offer only 1 item back. (For example: A bunch of gems for a high rune)
How are these trades done normally? From what I remember is that trade screens do not allow anything near that number.

Is the trader supposed to trade a few times and then in the final one the expected item for trade is then received back?

Thanks,
Necroth
The trade screen I know has 40 squares.
And I'm curios how trading bigger amounts can be done, too.
Either trade several times or just drop the stuff on the ground in a password protected game.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
A level of trust is involved (obviously) for trades that will occur outside the trading window.)

(this is a lack of foresight by Blizzless)

AND of course they could implement stackable consumables (but they don't have to because ..well nvm they have D4 now don't they. And Vessel)

Not to mention w/o any monetization running hardware , manhours and time with marginal profit means their newest titles like D4 + xpac needs to do the heavy lifting.

Anyway i digress.

if you do this in a public game at your own risk.

So on a trading platform, reviews & trust system actually matter (surprise!)

and I do ♥ my ( )

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
In a perfect world, you trust the other person, throw on the floor, and each collect your goodies. Unfortunately, this is how people (including myself) have gotten scammed so I don't recommend it.

The linked thread has good ideas in it. Basically, when possible, use intermediate items to make the exhange of goods in one trade and then you can retrade the items in the next trade and not have to worry about trust as much. Fictitious example, you want to buy 60 p gems for
Jah
. You could talk to the seller and say, I'll put my
Jah
and you put a
Ber
+ 20 p gems in the first trade. In the second trade, you put the
Ber
and they put the other 40 gems.

Some 5 all resist / life small charms are good for these type of trades when the number of runes gets pretty high.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
I'd say it depends on the level of trust you put in the other party and the value of the trade.

For example, if you're trading pgems or low runes with a well known person here that has a high trust score, I wouldn't think twice about just dropping the items on the Ground.

For additional safety, perhaps because you don't quite trust the other person or you're uncomfortable with the concept of drop trades (which is quite reasonable, it's natural to be sceptic), you can split the trades into smaller volumes. For example, for pgems you could trade them in batches of 40 per
Ist
(or whatever they're going for at the moment), and then swap back the all the
Ist
runes for the intended total offer.

For some items you don't have much choice - I'm thinking specifically about trading unidentified torches and annis in large quantities. Since you can only hold them one at a time, drop trades is pretty much the only option (well, you can technically do the split trade thing here as well, one anni/torch at a time, but not many people have enough small "currency" to do that many mini-trades only to flip it all back after). I've actually done this a lot (for example, 30 unid annis per
Jah
has been common during the later half of the current ladder season), but I'm always careful about the trust level of the other party. So far I haven't been scammed. That's not to say it will never happen though of course, there's always some risk involved.

I'd strongly advise against conducting drop trades with random people that you encounter in-game (i.e., when the trade wasn't initiated here or on another trading site). That's just asking to lose your items.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Maf 27

Assassin Europe PC
IDK, some negative opinions in here... Today I traded over 300 rals. By drop of course. Cannot imagine I would have nerves to split trades and do it in trade window.

I mean of course couple of times I found some... who snatched and run.
I remember back in the days there were so many scams and hacks etc. Many people tried to get an advantage over you.

But now most of us are (way) over 30 years. Imagine you still trying to scam people in a nearly 25 year old game that age. Would be ridiculous no?

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
Fiso wrote: 1 month ago
But now most of us are (way) over 30 years. Imagine you still trying to scam people in a nearly 25 year old game that age. Would be ridiculous no?
It still happens. Some people still try to pull the switcheroo (like swap a
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
for a gemmed
Gothic Plate
after closing and re-opening trade window, or replacing a unique ring with a magic one), there are stories about that now and then even today. And if you search these forums you'll find plenty of topics about people being scammed in various ways. And that's just the tip of the iceberg - the majority of D2R players aren't even on these forums in the first place.

I guess that even though the majority of people who liked scamming others when they were younger/kids and have grown out of that, there are still people who enjoy it in adulthood and will seize any opportunity to take advantage of others. It doesn't hurt to be wary, especially when dealing with high value trades.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
There is a new kind of scam in this new age now.

But if i open this can of worms this thread might implode hur hur hur. 😁

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
Well I usually just check the user's history on the website in question (traderie, here, or wherever) a user with hundreds or thousands of trades will probably not scam you for just 1
Ber
or 80 Gems or whatever, I never had problems dropping the stuff on the floor and I've traded HRs for high numbers of gems/LRs and viceversa a ton of times
Yeah, definitely use best judgement. I think just be more wary with bigger trades. I haven't seen any scammers here but in another site I've been watching this guy scam people for months and it's very unfortunate. His account keeps getting banned and he creates another account and keeps doing it.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!