Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   333 views

Description

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

After pausing Diablo 2 for 20 years I started to play again with my two sons a few weeks ago. We started "blank" with no gear and therefore I decided to play a summoner druid (my sons playing a nec and a pala) to get all of us through hell on selffound gear.

It played out very well and with farming and trading by now we have some solid gear. I use an Enigma, Jalals with
Topaz
, Chancies, War Travs, Arachnid, BK + SOJ, Maras, Spirit Shield and HOTO + CTA. As you can see I tried to put some focus on MF (I use some SCs with MF and GCs with +Skills, too) and here is my question on what I did not find anything on Google:

I know that my Merc gets his and my MF when he kills a monster and my MF is applied to my minions. But is this application to the minions done/calculated on casting them or dynamically when I switch my gear? (e.g. I currently switch to CTA and put on a nagel before killing a boss). If it is done on casting of course I can save myself the trouble of switching items πŸ˜‰ So if anyone could enlighten me on this issue it would be very appreciated πŸ™‚
Description by oOKIWIOo

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

After pausing Diablo 2 for 20 years I started to play again with my two sons a few weeks ago. We started "blank" with no gear and therefore I decided to play a summoner druid (my sons playing a nec and a pala) to get all of us through hell on selffound gear.

It played out very well and with farming and trading by now we have some solid gear. I use an Enigma, Jalals with
Topaz
, Chancies, War Travs, Arachnid, BK + SOJ, Maras, Spirit Shield and HOTO + CTA. As you can see I tried to put some focus on MF (I use some SCs with MF and GCs with +Skills, too) and here is my question on what I did not find anything on Google:

I know that my Merc gets his and my MF when he kills a monster and my MF is applied to my minions. But is this application to the minions done/calculated on casting them or dynamically when I switch my gear? (e.g. I currently switch to CTA and put on a nagel before killing a boss). If it is done on casting of course I can save myself the trouble of switching items πŸ˜‰ So if anyone could enlighten me on this issue it would be very appreciated πŸ™‚

After a 20 year break from D2 I started playing D2R in 2024 with my sons (9 and 10 years old)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1/+2 (Germany)
Online workdays: casually from 19:00-21:00
Online weekends: casually midday to evening
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Not sure, but I think the game use your current MF for the minions/Merc kills too πŸ€”πŸ€”

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
the mf you have when he dies is the mf that you get, so if you have 0% mf starting to kill him and switch to 300% mf before he dies, then you get 300% mf chance on the drops, but if you play with a party its the one that get the killing blow mf that counts.
Dynamic (ie, current MF). Think of your summons as furry, slow, long-lasting fireballs.
OP
Thx @all for your replies. It seems I have to keep switching weapons ;-)

After a 20 year break from D2 I started playing D2R in 2024 with my sons (9 and 10 years old)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1/+2 (Germany)
Online workdays: casually from 19:00-21:00
Online weekends: casually midday to evening
A trapsin can greatly benefit from this technique casting traps with fighting gear then switching to mf gear (say, a combo of an Ali Baba
Blade
furnished with
Ist
runes and a Rhyme shield, or a 6 os
Phase Blade
and a 4 os
Monarch
shield both furnished with
Ist
runes) right before a unique monster dies.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation