Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   338 views

Description

So, I treat the canonical beginning to Chronos Before The Ashes as the ending to Diablo 2. If you have never played the aforementioned series and enjoy the diablo style gameplay, you may well enjoy the Remnant franchise. (Considering my opinions about what has become of the Diablo franchise without the folks from Condor/Blizzard north this is probably unsurprising...)

Either way, of all of the things I think diablo 1 did better than 2 was randomly assigned quests at the beginning of the game.

I've complained about this for a long... long time. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great time

Happy hunting d2r people.
Description by BoringTitle

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, I treat the canonical beginning to Chronos Before The Ashes as the ending to Diablo 2. If you have never played the aforementioned series and enjoy the diablo style gameplay, you may well enjoy the Remnant franchise. (Considering my opinions about what has become of the Diablo franchise without the folks from Condor/Blizzard north this is probably unsurprising...)

Either way, of all of the things I think diablo 1 did better than 2 was randomly assigned quests at the beginning of the game.

I've complained about this for a long... long time. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great time

Happy hunting d2r people.
I hear you.

One of the unique aspects for D1 is the seemingly random occurrence of certain quests that don't affect the main line.

e.g The
Tainted
fountain / water supply. The Celestial Stone .

It adds to the game - the side quests. Doesn't make the progression linear, plus it adds an amount of uncertainty to every new game world loaded.

Why didn't they include that in to the sequel is worth pointing out. Unfortunately...the game creators are no longer connected contractually and parted ways so we'll never find out why.

Maybe they wanted things to be uniform.

One thing I'll point out was the awesome awesome commentator that reads from the tomes the game Lore. We see that being rehashed in act 1 for the Tower.

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.
OP
Skaijuice wrote: 1 month ago
I hear you.

One of the unique aspects for D1 is the seemingly random occurrence of certain quests that don't affect the main line.

e.g The
Tainted
fountain / water supply. The Celestial Stone .

It adds to the game - the side quests. Doesn't make the progression linear, plus it adds an amount of uncertainty to every new game world loaded.

Why didn't they include that in to the sequel is worth pointing out. Unfortunately...the game creators are no longer connected contractually and parted ways so we'll never find out why.

Maybe they wanted things to be uniform.

One thing I'll point out was the awesome awesome commentator that reads from the tomes the game Lore. We see that being rehashed in act 1 for the Tower.
Sure made the halls of the blind an event worth 'looking into'
OP
My guess, blizzard interfered enough to cause major delays. There were likely many things that fell to the wayside due to crunch time.

(Especially after they were given such short notice to rework their entire item crafting system.)

Suppose you are right, we will never know. Not for certain. Though I speculate that Blizz really wanted the project to fail so it could cannibalize the remains.

What I do know is, if what blizzard came up with was good. I wouldn't still be playing d1/d2.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...