Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   652 views

What to do with ladder loot?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 10

Description

I need some advice from my esteemed d2io brethren. I traded a lld amulet a little while back for 7
Jah
and a couple of high roll torches. The rub is I play exclusively on non-ladder and the offer came in the form of ladder payment. I had to create a new lvl1 char just to accept the payment. The torches are better than what I have now, so I plan on letting this ladder end and get them once they convert to non-ladder.
My question is what do I do with the 7
Jah
? I do not need the runes for anything in particular, so I'm not in any rush to do anything with them. The way I see it is I have 3 choices:

a) Let them sit until they become non-ladder runes at season 6 end
b) Trade with someone who does play ladder and exchange them now for non-ladder runes (don't know the rates though. Not sure if I'd get a better or worse deal here)
c) Start playing ladder and use the 7
Jah
to fund a couple characters or ladder-only rune words. I've NEVER played ladder. Am I missing out on anything phenomenal? I'm not in a place where I have the real desire to start new characters. Though, I'll give it a go if I find out ladder is just that awesome.

Thanks!
Description by Knappogue

Can be used to make Runewords:

I need some advice from my esteemed d2io brethren. I traded a lld amulet a little while back for 7
Jah
and a couple of high roll torches. The rub is I play exclusively on non-ladder and the offer came in the form of ladder payment. I had to create a new lvl1 char just to accept the payment. The torches are better than what I have now, so I plan on letting this ladder end and get them once they convert to non-ladder.
My question is what do I do with the 7
Jah
? I do not need the runes for anything in particular, so I'm not in any rush to do anything with them. The way I see it is I have 3 choices:

b) Trade with someone who does play ladder and exchange them now for non-ladder runes (don't know the rates though. Not sure if I'd get a better or worse deal here)
c) Start playing ladder and use the 7
Jah
to fund a couple characters or ladder-only rune words. I've NEVER played ladder. Am I missing out on anything phenomenal? I'm not in a place where I have the real desire to start new characters. Though, I'll give it a go if I find out ladder is just that awesome.

Thanks!

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago
Jah
My question is what do I do with the
Jah

c) Start playing ladder and use the
Jah

Thanks!
There's nothing amazing about playing ladder. It's the same game. It's just a reset of the economy and an opportunity to chase your old favorites like
Shako
and soj which have long since lost their punch for most non-ladder players.

However, ladder-only runewords are worthwhile IMHO to make a ladder char. I made a char last season just to get the ladder-only gear and leveled it from scratch with no resources. If you're starting with a
Jah
to trade, you can either trade for gear and farm your own ladder-only runewords, or you can trade the
Jah
directly for the ladder-only runewords like Cure and Mosaic which are cheaper in ladder.

If you already have the ladder-only runewords in non-ladder, just let it sit.
Sadly the price of
Jah
on ladder is only a bit more expensive than NL atm.
You can wait till the end of season or exchange them for non-ladder runes if you can find a buyer.

Relax and have fun!

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
If you don't have any of the ladder-only rune words, I agree that using the runes to invest in some Brand new ladder characters (or just straight up trade for the rune words themselves, on ladder) could be a good idea, like departure said.

That said - if you do want to exchange your ladder
Jah
runes for non-ladder
Jah
runes, I'd be happy to assist.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Buy a ladder gg Mosaic or two. Buy an amazing Hustle, Metamorphosis or Cure/Bulwark.

Or buy an item that that's close to GG on nonladder but for lower ladder prices.

I could also swap your ladder jahs for nonladder with something extra on top as well. Let's say 8 NL
Jah
for your 7 L.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Might've changed somewhat with ladder seasons no longer offering anything new but when I still bothered with them, you got a 2:1 ratio for NL<>L trades, meaning you could (quite easily mind you) trade 7 ladder
Jah
for around 14 NL
Jah
, obv. giving you quite the net profit there.

Other than that, since things seem 'stuck on ladder' for good, you'd likely get even more out of it by using the ladder funds to buy some solid ladder-only RW(s) and selling those on NL after the season ends.

M1ck 331

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 4 weeks ago
Might've changed somewhat with ladder seasons no longer offering anything new but when I still bothered with them, you got a 2:1 ratio for NL<>L trades, meaning you could (quite easily mind you) trade 7 ladder
Jah
for around 14 NL
Jah

Other than that, since things seem 'stuck on ladder' for good, you'd likely get even more out of it by using the ladder funds to buy some solid ladder-only RW(s) and selling those on NL after the season ends.
This is the correct answer.

No point in swapping for non ladder runes unless it's at least 2:1 ratio since decent rolled gear on non ladder is now very expensive.

OP you can also split a couple of the runes to purchase bases and crafting materials to give you a start. Plus you can annihilate dclone more times than you've had hot dinners if that's your thing ;0.
Jah
for around 14 NL
Jah
M1ck wrote: 4 weeks ago
No point in swapping for non ladder runes unless it's at least 2:1 ratio since decent rolled gear on non ladder is now very expensive.
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 month ago
Sadly the price of
Jah
on ladder is only a bit more expensive than NL atm.
mockingbirdreal is right here. But that doesn't change anything about the fact that the correct thing to do is getting ladder runewords with GG rolls in GG bases rather than swapping runes to NL.
I have a friend on the forbidden site supplying me with ladder runes at close to 1:1, if I need any, as there's like an
Ist
-worth or two of difference between them these days. 2:1 would be amazing. No ladder play with all the benefits of ladder trading.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Guess folks really stopped caring about ladder then (not that that's in any way surprising). Even 2:1 was mid to later season, early on you easily got 3:1+.

(All based on normal trading mind you, none of that they-who-must-not-be-named silliness)
OP
Thank you for the replies and advice! The way forward is overwhelmingly to get ladder only runewords. I don't have the time or desire at the moment to start a new fresh character and farm/make them myself. I'll browse around and trade for the best I can afford with exactly 7
Jah
. This might force me to finally make that assassin and druid characters that I've (sheepishly) never made 😅

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Just looking at the price history for them..go ahead and turn the 7
Jah
into like 50 random mosaics that apparently sell for
Jah
+ minimum each. 7+:1 seems like a solid ratio.. :D
OP
Just looking at the price history for them..go ahead and turn the 7
Jah
into like 50 random mosaics that apparently sell for
Jah
+ minimum each. 7+:1 seems like a solid ratio.. :D
Haahaa! I like the way you think. That seems like the best route to me and with how much effort I want to put into this. I don't really want to eff around trying to find GG rolls especially since I don't know the ladder economy. I do like the idea of broadcasting "
Vex
for any Mosaic" or whatever is fair in pub trade games. Then trading those off in non-ladder once the current season ends.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...