Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   2092 views

Description

As D4 debuts game sites reviews pours forth..so far averaging 88/100 on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iv

Can be used to make Runewords:

As D4 debuts game sites reviews pours forth..so far averaging 88/100 on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iv

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Should be a nice change for a bit! Only question is, how long before I'm back to D2R? xD

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Th3ory 411

Paladin Americas PC
D4 crushed it across the board from a handful of critical reviews - I know it isn't for everyone, but I am ready to jump into Sanctuary tomorrow night

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Read good ones as well, and some friends wanna go there too - will most likely do so too when with them and come back on D2 when I am alone. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I'm following it quite a bit- there are some videos out there showing insane amounts of damage, with maxed out builds.

that kinda ruined it for alot of people.

myself, i don't think i'll get that high, for sure not at the first run, which will take at least a month.
without even the hard world tiers.
most probably i'll suck then i'll start a new guy, like i do on D2R

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
rikus wrote: 10 months ago
I'm following it quite a bit- there are some videos out there showing insane amounts of damage, with maxed out builds.

that kinda ruined it for alot of people.

myself, i don't think i'll get that high, for sure not at the first run, which will take at least a month.
without even the hard world tiers.
most probably i'll suck then i'll start a new guy, like i do on D2R
Yes, I think those videos really illustrated how ultimately, Diablo 4 is more Diablo 3 than Diablo 2. Although I have to say that it looks more like Diablo 3 should have been in terms of art direction and atmosphere. But it smells strongly of Diablo 3. I've still preordered though and will get to play this weekend. As an old Diablo fan since back in 1997, I really want to keep going in my favorite game franchise. I wish they had let the game "breathe" just a little more though, taking down the pace further somewhat and give us time to feel tense and scared, strategizing in multiplayer on how to take on even a powerful non-boss group of monsters. Rather than just steamrolling everything besides the world bosses. But it is what it is, I guess Blizzard firmly believes this is the action people want nowadays.
Took the week off to grind the hell out of D4 starting tonight 1 AM euro time :P
I'll be playing it tomorrow but have to say that I don't put much Faith in publications like IGN. If I recall correctly, immortal got high reviews as well...

Ladder and non ladder
PC, PS, Switch
I don't think I will be venturing far outside my D2R hole any time soon. Good luck to all D4 participants on diablo2.io.

I love and hate D2R. Like that perfect woman that gave you the clap.

mhlg 815

Americas PC
Streamers, Heidi, humansantapedee, and thatdudewillyd are all currently streaming D4. In yesterday's D2r stream Heidi held a contest for choosing a D4 clan name. So far two of the three games I checked out for a couple of minutes had server issues. I think I'll wait for a while to see how it's received by veteran Diablo players before I decide to take the
Leap

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
But like one thing with these game reviews is how many hours are played right. I have no doubt that the D4 campaign is polished and at times fun.

My 'concern' is around longevity. Have an icky feeling that would be buying the battle passes and doing unrewarding things for things I don't care about (ex. skins).
Since I'm not playing the game, I watched the cinematic cutscenes on YouTube at 1.4x speed. At this point, ATVI needs to quit pretending to do justice to the lore because the in-game characters are a poor representation of the ones that were created by the novels. The writing for the game is unoriginal trope trash that fails to leverage a somewhat interesting premise in the conflict between Inarius and Lillth. Since the writers puked all over that silver platter, now the DLC(s) are doomed to be the same old crap. ATVI may as well just go ahead with World of Diablo to spare everyone from turning this franchise into the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Unfortunately, game plot always ends up as canon, and also now for the second game in a row, the player character (and at least one of their traveling companions) is an idiot.

I have nothing good or bad to say regarding the gameplay, but it looks a lot like D3 with more refined graphics. The itemization looks like crap though.

Edit: Oh wait, the game still isn't fully released yet? 😆 Of course the Metacritic scores are going to be heavily biased in favor of the game then. The cross-promotion for the game is bordering on obnoxious, and early access reviews can't be trusted. The server issues to come on day one of general availability alone will crater the user score.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I think I'd really enjoy D4. For how long is the question.

Every time I pick up an ARPG, I play the heck out of it and really enjoy it... until I don't.

Some of the lesser ARPGs I get tired of after one or two playthroughs. D2 has had me come back after decades.

Will I like D4 as much as D2? Ask me in 2043. :)

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +11.

mhlg 815

Americas PC
Ask me in 2043. :)
Now that's some wishful thinking. :D

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
How to sound sophisticated in D4...

"ignores durability loss" =)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Snakecharmed wrote: 10 months ago
Man am I glad hes doing videos of this :)

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...