Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
27 replies   2697 views

i have been robbed - NAME REMOVED is THIEF. evidence is here

No data yet

Description

Hi guys,

i had unpleasant experience with NAME REMOVED he stoll my 5 torches. Firstly we agreed 2-
Lo
and 3-
Sur
, but eventually 5 for
Ber

I didnt even thought D2R community has still such fraud even if his turst on this website is 191

...if you could help me to get it back I would really appreciate!!

Please help me to recover somehow, i would really appreciate if you could donate me some runes
Description by Necrarch

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys,

i had unpleasant experience with NAME REMOVED he stoll my 5 torches. Firstly we agreed 2-
Lo
and 3-
Sur
, but eventually 5 for
Ber

I didnt even thought D2R community has still such fraud even if his turst on this website is 191

...if you could help me to get it back I would really appreciate!!

Please help me to recover somehow, i would really appreciate if you could donate me some runes

moot11 117

Americas PC
I don't understand. You might need to explain a bit more clearly.
Did you give him the torches and he didn't pay you? I'm sorry to say but if that has happened that's not fraud. It is a dick move but that's it.
There are many D2R scams and you need to be very careful to check each trade before clicking the tick in the trade window! It is always on you to check the trade. No way to get lost goods back (lost, not stolen if you made the trade).

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
I too am kind of confused..
The only "evidence" I see is that you had a conversation with NAME REMOVED about trade offers.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
OP
moot11 wrote: 1 year ago
I don't understand. You might need to explain a bit more clearly.
Did you give him the torches and he didn't pay you? I'm sorry to say but if that has happened that's not fraud. It is a dick move but that's it.
There are many D2R scams and you need to be very careful to check each trade before clicking the tick in the trade window! It is always on you to check the trade. No way to get lost goods back (lost, not stolen if you made the trade).
Yea that how it was. I know about scams, but i really trusted in this community, he had a lot of trust within this website, but anyway, just want to let you know guys, that you cant trust that scammer
OP
jbmc wrote: 1 year ago
The only "evidence" I see is that you had a conversation with NAME REMOVED about trade offers.
I am not a streamer so i sont make records, which i already regret. What evidence you need ? You think i dont have else to do just faking story with some screenshots?

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
Dominuoteee wrote: 1 year ago
jbmc wrote: 1 year ago
The only "evidence" I see is that you had a conversation with [Name Removed] about trade offers.
I am not a streamer so i sont make records, which i already regret. What evidence you need ? You think i dont have else to do just faking story with some screenshots?
First of all I do not know you, so for all I know yeah you could be.
That being said I am not calling you a liar... But its hard to call a convo about trade offers evidence that he stole from you..

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |

moot11 117

Americas PC
I'd suggest taking down the pictures and the accused persons name.
Naming and shaming here isn't allowed, particularly without any proof at all.
I'm sorry if you lost some stuff, but it sounds like you gave it away TBH...
Yes this is a pretty good community, but you need to protect yourself!
OP
What do you mean i gave it away ? He tricked me and everyone should know it.
I'm going to preface my statement by saying that what I currently understand is he said previously he would give you a
Ber
, you went to trade with this individual, you put your torches in the window and hit accept without a
Ber
being on the other side? Is this correct?

If you ever put stuff in a trade window without anything on the other side and hit accept, always expect it to be accepted and you to lose your stuff. Every time that doesn't happen be thankful and let it be a reminder to you not to do it.

Always make sure that all trades are being made as offered (IE if trading for a
Harlequin Crest
, make sure it is a
Harlequin Crest
and not a
Cap
with a
Chipped Emerald
in it). Both parties should always do this, to protect yourself.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

moot11 117

Americas PC
What do you mean i gave it away ? He tricked me and everyone should know it.
You haven't told us what happened at all. And have shown no evidence.
How did he trick you?
You've posted zero proof of him not giving you a
Ber
for your five torches. In fact, you've posted zero proof of you giving him five torches. Then on top of that, you're looking for rune donations from the community? Do you not understand why this looks extremely sus?

If you're going to put someone on blast, which is frowned upon here anyway, the burden of proof is on you for making the accusation. Screenshots of your trade listings and a chat log that reveals nothing is not proof.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
OP
What proof you want from me ? I dont have any video recorded because i wasn’t expecting this. I did such trade several times in previous ladders and all was fine.
OP
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
I'm going to preface my statement by saying that what I currently understand is he said previously he would give you a
Ber
, you went to trade with this individual, you put your torches in the window and hit accept without a
Ber
being on the other side? Is this correct?

If you ever put stuff in a trade window without anything on the other side and hit accept, always expect it to be accepted and you to lose your stuff. Every time that doesn't happen be thankful and let it be a reminder to you not to do it.

Always make sure that all trades are being made as offered (IE if trading for a
Harlequin Crest
, make sure it is a
Harlequin Crest
and not a
Cap
with a
Chipped Emerald
in it). Both parties should always do this, to protect yourself.

No, you cant put 5 torches to trade, so someone has to make first move. I dropped 5 torches, he took them and left the game without giving
Ber
I understand this is risky but as i mentioned this is not the first time i did this, so i trusted in this community
Trades of this nature are better done with Mediation but this is not something this site offers yet maybe in the future.

Come to Hardcore, Embrace the Dread ;)
Please Review my about me post for Ground rules before you make posts in my topics, if these are violated (even in ignorance) the consequence is the same.
No, you cant put 5 torches to trade
True. Silly me forgot about them being torches.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

moot11 117

Americas PC
Sorry you feel that way. It's just that we don't blindly believe everything we see on the internet. You probably wouldn't get scammed if you had similar cautious behavior.
You should have dropped only the first 2 torches then asked for his payment. If he left, then at least you only lost a fraction of your items.

I usually do this when doing bulk trades with large quantities of jewels and gems.

But then again, trust should be present on both sides.

Bnet tag: Zero#15277

My time zone is GMT+8. Please bear with me when doing trades since our time zones can be different. Thanks in advance :)
These stories make me sad. :(

If it's true then it is a horrible thing to do to someone. I know the OP is at fault for trusting a stranger on the internet but it's so disappointing that this the mode in which we have to operate by default, and with awkward batch trades involving torches and annis, you do have to show a degree of trust.

If it's not true then it's just as disappointing and rather desperate.

Either way, I sincerely hope it is just a minor misunderstanding and will be resolved. However, there's not much that we can do about it as a community. We don't have enough information to make a definitive judgement (see first paragraph about operating by default on a no trust basis...) and even if we did, there's little to be done.

I'm off to read the lucky thread for some feel goods.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Waiting for a mod to close/redact the details; it's against d2io practice (maybe against rules?) to call out specific users for trade practices.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Thats why you should trade torch by torch against value.
For example:
1st torch <=> 2
Ist

2nd torch <=> 2
Ist

3rd torch <=> 2
Ist

4th torch <=> 2
Ist

5th torch + 8
Ist
<=>
Ber

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation