Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   14865 views

Description

Just had one drop at 976 armour. I’ve seen these selling for high runes, can anyone explain to me why since most of the armour runewords aren’t indestructible or don’t repair durability? Also seems to have a lower strength requirement than my basic socketed sacred armour.

Am I better off trying to put sockets in it or selling it as is? It dropped in terrorised pit at level 92.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just had one drop at 976 armour. I’ve seen these selling for high runes, can anyone explain to me why since most of the armour runewords aren’t indestructible or don’t repair durability? Also seems to have a lower strength requirement than my basic socketed sacred armour.

Am I better off trying to put sockets in it or selling it as is? It dropped in terrorised pit at level 92.
Its a base for mercs that you roll Fortitude in. Thats why you want it
Eth
so that you get high def for more survivability. Since its superior you can only get 4s nothing else
OP
I see, since it’s on the mercenary it cannot degrade.

Perfect, thanks for the response.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
It's possibly the best armor to make Fortitude for a merc, so highly valuable with or without the socket.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
It's possibly the best armor to make Fortitude for a merc, so highly valuable with or without the socket.
This. While I'm sure there's a handful of non-mercenary use cases it's really the best base for merc with the super high defense.
Out of curiosity (since I wasn't trading back in the days): How has the value of
Eth
armours changed since the
Eth
bug was removed?

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
SuperIllu wrote: 1 year ago
Out of curiosity (since I wasn't trading back in the days): How has the value of
Eth
armours changed since the
Eth
bug was removed?
As with anything a2 merc related.. They can fetch surreal amounts for the right stats and base.
once sold one for
Sur
+
Lo
or somethng

NL 93 Summon Necro, 89 Hammerdin, 89 Fohdin, 88 Light sorc, 86 Blizz Sorc, 84 Smiter, 60+
Enchant
sorc

Ladder Necro, 2x Sorc, Hammer,
Enchant
etc

UTC +10, from Sydney, Australia Wolfie83#6920 & Cyric#31733
All my mercs have a Fortitude in 15% ED
Eth
Great Hauberks, which I've gotten for
Gul
Gul
and
Vex
+
Ist
(I know, I know, I overpaid for the last one) :D Sacred Armors are way too overrated in my opinion.

uuee 18

Europe PC
Light base for faster running>
I went for a regular
Eth
Shadow Plate
for mine, because the price difference between that and a Sacred Armour just seemed insane.

No need to worry about run speed when you've got a bowa with Harmony on switch and wearing Enigma. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
No need to worry about run speed when you've got a bowa with Harmony on switch and wearing Enigma. :)
uuee wrote: 1 year ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the run speed penalty does not affect mercenaries, so it doesn't really matter if the armor is of the heavy type or not.
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the run speed penalty does not affect mercenaries, so it doesn't really matter if the armor is of the heavy type or not.
I thought the same but then realised that it was something I "knew" and I didn't have a source, so I looked it up. Lots of conflicting information but The Amazon Basin says that "medium and heavy armors do slow down the movement speed of mercenaries":

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Mercenary

The only source I trust more than The Amazon Basin for details on core game mechanics is Schnorki. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I correct you, it does affect them. However, as they sometimes run to stay around you and that they TP with you, it's usually considered a lesser issue. As for myself, I would avoid heavy armors but consider medium ones.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I thought the same but then realised that it was something I "knew" and I didn't have a source, so I looked it up. Lots of conflicting information but The Amazon Basin says that "medium and heavy armors do slow down the movement speed of mercenaries":

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Mercenary

The only source I trust more than The Amazon Basin for details on core game mechanics is Schnorki. :)
:D

There's a lot of seemingly arbitrary decisions as to what does or doesn't work on/for mercenaries but on that and most other things, AB tends to be correct (exceptions obviously apply for anything changed since D2:R). And to the best of my knowledge, this is one of them. Medium and heavy armor penalties do indeed slow down mercs. I'm 99.99% sure (there's always some tiny margin for error ;)) that this was true for body armors as I have actively tested it (stopwatch and all). Given, that testing was by now years ago but I have no reason to believe Blizz Stealth-changed that in D2:R. What I never actively tested but what should follow the same lines is the shield weight penalty but then again, even with the changes, A3 mercs are still so bad that they're not worth any specific shield penalty testing effort.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
What I never actively tested but what should follow the same lines is the shield weight penalty but then again, even with the changes, A3 mercs are still so bad that they're not worth any specific shield penalty testing effort.
Wait, whaaat, there is a shield weight penalty?!? :D

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
What I never actively tested but what should follow the same lines is the shield weight penalty but then again, even with the changes, A3 mercs are still so bad that they're not worth any specific shield penalty testing effort.
Wait, whaaat, there is a shield weight penalty?!? :D
Indeed there is. But since all shrunken heads, all pally shields and monarchs happen to be light, it doesn't matter for nearly anyone.
If I recall correctly,
Aegis
(and lesser versions) is the only heavy and
Ward
and
Hyperion
(again plus lesser versions) the only medium. Everything else is light.

Necrarch 1608Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Shields, attribute weight :

base/#filter=Shields

I like this site very much, great admin and great mods ^^

Annihilus
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Shields, attribute weight :

base/#filter=Shields

I like this site very much, great admin and great mods ^^
Yeah, I've seen worse :D <3

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...