Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   2276 views

Description

So the game’s dropped like 12 (maybe more) sunder charms for me so far, but they’ve only been the fire, cold and poison ones…

Does anyone know if there’s different frequency of drops? Or is rng just playing with me.

Also: does anyone know the impacts of players count and mf on sunder charms drop freq?

Thanks in advance

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 533

Switch
So the game’s dropped like 12 (maybe more) sunder charms for me so far, but they’ve only been the fire, cold and poison ones…

Does anyone know if there’s different frequency of drops? Or is rng just playing with me.

Also: does anyone know the impacts of players count and mf on sunder charms drop freq?

Thanks in advance

Khegan 376

Take a look at this reddit thread. It has everything you want to know: Sunder Charms

TL;DR: MF has no effect on sunder drop rates. Player count, on the other hand, has great impact due to a massive NoDrop at P1. The 'Desecrated' TC has -2 picks, so it's treated the same as
The Countess
TC (with the exception of the former having 1 sub-TC instead of 2).
i have 15 sunders and both Bone breaks i bought.....

1/3 are cold.....

7 BB's listed here...
24 CR's listed here...

relative drop rates from the link, setting cold and fire to 1;

cold/fire 1
lightning 0.66
poison 0.4
physical 0.2
magic 0.1

Schnorki 3172Moderator

PC
Based on my own observations throughout S2, I would say yes.

I got nothing but cold, fire and light sunders with the occasional, relatively rare poison. That held true for no idea how many but at least hundreds of sunders dropping.

Across all of them, I got a grand total of 1 phys and 0 magic.

On the other hand, I know some folks who claimed to get phys and magic more often than not.

Almost felt like they started taking the D3 route and tailored drops towards the class you're on as those folks were mainly pallies while I got my fire/cold/light sunders on a sorc.
(I sincerely hope that was merely observational bias and solid imagination)
OP

Nate 533

Switch
Hmm, so far I’ve done my
Terror
zoning with my javazon soley. I’ve tried a few with my
Nova
sorc, but she’s pretty squishy. I may try with my hammerdin, but the javazon has performed good in all conditions (on players 7) even without the lightning sunder charms.

Imma keep grinding! At least for a few more days before I give up and try a different build
OP

Nate 533

Switch
So I think the drop rate of p7 is about 1/25 from unique monsters (although I did experience a run of like 100 unique kills with nothing…rng) and I think the frequency of each damage type corresponds to how many monsters have that innate immunity, so it would make sense that the order of rarity of the sunder charms is as follows (from most common to least common):

Fire - (I assume a sunder charm will be fire when it drops, I’ve found 2 perfect ones already, don’t know how many total I’ve found, lots though)
Cold - (found like 8)
Poison - (found like 5)
Lightning - (just found 1)
Physical - (just found 1)
Magic (I haven’t even found one of these yet)
found 1 day 1, nothing since
One of my first ever tz runs (offline), first ever sunder charm dropped: 73% phys. Can I consider myself lucky taking into consideration that i'am playing summon necro?

===
Grim Dawn Veteran/Translator
I haven't found any yet on ladder but I play solo so I guess unsurprising.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...