Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
53 replies   13025 views

Description

PTR going live today at 10am PST.

Also, full details on the new runewords.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... oming-soon

Rest in Peace, PvM Faith zons. :D

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
PTR going live today at 10am PST.

Also, full details on the new runewords.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2 ... oming-soon

Rest in Peace, PvM Faith zons. :D

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
any news for us ssf'ers on the sunders/zones issue?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Not that I know of.

Pez hinted at S1 runewords/sunders hitting non-ladder after S2 but that's it. Nothing on single player TZs.
Is it only me or are most of the new runewords rather "meh"? Metamorphosis seems nice but the resistance helmets seem to fall behind Lore for me. Same for Hustle. I mean "early" with level 39? Sorry but there are a lot of other options that give better stats more early.

I personally would have been more excited about the new season if they added a bigger shared stash instead. :/

Nate 534

Switch
For those testing make sure to ask for the +shape shifting skills to not just be for Druid only!

I want my Beast/Metamorphosis combo!

You know, whenever I can find a
Cham

Khegan 376

Nate wrote: 1 year ago
For those testing make sure to ask for the +shape shifting skills to not just be for Druid only!
If the old bug still exists, then class-specific skill bonuses (not in general, but to specific skills) should apply to Oskills equipped by non-native classes. Someone needs to test to see if this is still true.
OP

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Bytenex wrote: 1 year ago
Is it only me or are most of the new runewords rather "meh"? Metamorphosis seems nice but the resistance helmets seem to fall behind Lore for me. Same for Hustle. I mean "early" with level 39? Sorry but there are a lot of other options that give better stats more early.

I personally would have been more excited about the new season if they added a bigger shared stash instead. :/
Hustle as switch on a bowzon (and very few possible other builds) should indeed be kinda baller.

But yeah, apart from that Edge case..quite mweh indeed.
Could be just me, but why does Blizzard even bother with anything but endgame runewords / stuff in general?

How many people are actually playing through the game, instead of getting boosted to A5 Hell?
Well maybe not many, but I much prefer playing through the game with a new build to end game farming. Not that any of these runewords particularly excite me, but I can imagine using Hustle at least, and maybe one of the helms if desperate on Hardcore.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

ShadowHeart 1734Moderator

Europe PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
How many people are actually playing through the game, instead of getting boosted to A5 Hell?
If everyone starts from scratch, who boosts them? :P

If you want to get up and running ASAP in a new ladder you don't wait for someone else to be ready to boost you ;)

Also, some people actually play through the game (SSF style) for fun/challenge. Might not be super common though.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
If you want to get up and running ASAP in a new ladder you don't wait for someone else to be ready to boost you ;)

Aye..and you rush the hell out of it, skipping everything you can possibly skip, not going out of your way to farm random runes for some midlvl rw that'll be obsolete in a few levels again anyways (if it isn't already by the time you find the runes).

But who knows..maybe there actually is a worthwhile number of people slowly playing through the game like that. One would hope that blizz looked into those numbers before deciding this entire approach but something makes me doubt that very much.

Europe PC
Personally, the most fun I have with the game is just playing through the game naturally, clearing everything, with a friend or two (we make new characters to complete the game together - not strictly self found, but still). Ladder play and farming is just what I do on my own in between those sessions.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
If everyone starts from scratch, who boosts them? :P

Ehm, I gueeees, but doesn't the game already offer enough in terms of this?

Did anyone really think "Oh, we totally need some more early-mid game items!" :D

Meh, whatever, it's not like I can play the game without my whole internet connection dropping :D

Europe PC
Ehm, I gueeees, but doesn't the game already offer enough in terms of this?

Did anyone really think "Oh, we totally need some more early-mid game items!" :D
Weeeeeell.... I guess you have a point, the rune words weren't really needed xD

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
But who knows..maybe there actually is a worthwhile number of people slowly playing through the game like that. One would hope that blizz looked into those numbers before deciding this entire approach but something makes me doubt that very much.
I couldn't have said it better myself :)
The best part of the game for me is the switch from Nightmare to Hell with an untwinked non-meta build. Figuring out where to get your resists, how to boost your damage, cannot be frozen, etc., and the best balance of all these things in order just to survive Hell. It's an interesting puzzle, far more fun for me than running CS with a blizz sorc for the 1000th time.

Edit: but I should reiterate that even then these runewords do not excite. I may prefer the journey than the destination but the journey is far more exciting when there are exotic end game items to aim for, even if I never end up using them.

I am the one who plays the entire game, no rush, all quests done for all difficulty levels :D

In lobby, there are sometimes "slow act xx no rush" games.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
I am the one who plays the entire game, no rush, all quests done for all difficulty levels :D

In lobby, there are sometimes "slow act xx no rush" games.
And along the way you're occasionally helping a fellow Sorceress with her first DC kill for the season :D
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
The best part of the game for me is the switch from Nightmare to Hell with an untwinked non-meta build. Figuring out where to get your resists, how to boost your damage, cannot be frozen, etc., and the best balance of all these things in order just to survive Hell. It's an interesting puzzle, far more fun for me than running CS with a blizz sorc for the 1000th time.
This is even more exciting on Hardcore. You need to be sure that you'll manage to survive the next act, not just hope that you'll somehow bypass the dangerous monsters. Twinking is also limited, as your best gear usually ends on your previous character's corpse...
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
This is even more exciting on Hardcore. You need to be sure that you'll manage to survive the next act, not just hope that you'll somehow bypass the dangerous monsters. Twinking is also limited, as your best gear usually ends on your previous character's corpse...
Yeh, I have recently switched to Hardcore for this reason, and I think I'll be staying there for S3. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...