Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   513 views

Description

What does it mean when sellers says "add me"?

Can be used to make Runewords:

What does it mean when sellers says "add me"?

ShadowHeart 2087Moderator

Europe PC
It means to add them to your friend list on BattleNet. You can always remove them again from your friend list after the trade is complete, that's up to you.

You can connect your diablo2.io account to your BattleNet account - if you do, the BattleTag will be displayed at the bottom of all your posts in trade topics.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3319Moderator

PC
To expand slightly on shadow's answer:
The reason folks are going with a friends list addition here is because that way you can see when you are both online (unless hidden of course) and can join each other's games directly via friends list and/or invite.

It makes the whole process a bit easier than making a game, sending over the name/pass here and hoping you're both on at that time.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

ShadowHeart 2087Moderator

Europe PC
And to expand slightly on Schnorki's answer, friend list joining also works cross-region so you don't need to close the game and re-launch it on the other person's region, just join game via friend list and it doesn't matter which region you are on and which region the other person is on :)

(if you use game name/pw for the trade, both ppl have to launch the game on the same region - this works, but it can be a bit time consuming to switch region back and forth if you're trading a lot)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thanks!
Finally, to expand on the expansions, it's also somewhat common practice (and not rude) to remove friends after trading. This keeps the seller's friends list clean and avoids situations where someone can snipe a trade through friend-joining. I always /whois during the trade and unfriend after.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
Finally, to expand on the expansions, it's also somewhat common practice (and not rude) to remove friends after trading. This keeps the seller's friends list clean and avoids situations where someone can snipe a trade through friend-joining. I always /whois during the trade and unfriend after.
I second this.
I also don't view this as rude at all, since you are not really "friends" per se, it's just what the list is called :D
Alan Sugar would approve of D2io trading etiquette. "Don't take it personal, it's just business."

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Bass 86

Sorceress Europe Playstation
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago

same

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...