Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   157 views

Description

Hi Everyone. I haven't played D2R since launch, where I got my non-ladder warcry barbarian to level 75 in hell solo before I burnt out in act 5.

I came back last week with my RL friend and i started playing an easy beginner guide for a class I've never played, the assassin.
I am using a wowhead beginner guide this one: https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-2/guide/ ... strategies

This basically walks me through what to do 1-40.

I want to dive a bit deeper but I tend to get overwhelmed and frustrated with the amount of choice in runewords and builds. I tend to like the game of D2R but I am not huge on theorycrafting or knowing "when" to switch a build because I am fairly casual. Is there a good set of goals for me to prepare for level 40 when this guide recommends respeccing? The only plan I have right now is to farm for Spirit runes and then do the cow level to try to get a crystal 3 socket sword that I can add socket to. Beyond that using the ancients pledge shield is all I've really planned for. I have had fun with this fire trapper but know it falls off because of resistance to fire.

Any tips/tricks and uniques/item merchant farming i should do will be greatly appreciated. I am currently running Stealth/Leaf and no other rune words, and have a teleportation staff i grabbed from merchant for 16k.

This is in hardcore mode at nightmare difficulty act 1 currently.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi Everyone. I haven't played D2R since launch, where I got my non-ladder warcry barbarian to level 75 in hell solo before I burnt out in act 5.

I came back last week with my RL friend and i started playing an easy beginner guide for a class I've never played, the assassin.
I am using a wowhead beginner guide this one: https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-2/guide/ ... strategies

This basically walks me through what to do 1-40.

I want to dive a bit deeper but I tend to get overwhelmed and frustrated with the amount of choice in runewords and builds. I tend to like the game of D2R but I am not huge on theorycrafting or knowing "when" to switch a build because I am fairly casual. Is there a good set of goals for me to prepare for level 40 when this guide recommends respeccing? The only plan I have right now is to farm for Spirit runes and then do the cow level to try to get a crystal 3 socket sword that I can add socket to. Beyond that using the ancients pledge shield is all I've really planned for. I have had fun with this fire trapper but know it falls off because of resistance to fire.

Any tips/tricks and uniques/item merchant farming i should do will be greatly appreciated. I am currently running Stealth/Leaf and no other rune words, and have a teleportation staff i grabbed from merchant for 16k.

This is in hardcore mode at nightmare difficulty act 1 currently.
Spirit, Lore, Ancient's Pledge and Insight (for Merc) have runes easy to farm on
The Countess
nightmare

Time Zone: GMT-3
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
(you can farm a Spirit
Crystal Sword
base on Normal Cows 😉)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Fire trapsin is nice until around A4 NM when the first regular fire immunes start to appear and your damage output falls behind, as you mentioned.
Would recommend to get an
Um
rune and a 3 socket
Phase Blade
somehow, build Crescent Moon and switch to
Lightning Sentry
and
Death Sentry
Do not use
Crystal Sword
or
Dimensional Blade
as trap cast speed depends on weapon speed.
Also put one point in
Mind Blast
as this enables you to farm cows in a save way by converting one or two, wait until two or three others die by your traps and elimante whole screens with
Death Sentry
Also mind that in HC you prefer maxed resists and physical damage reduction over damage, even when playing a "saver" build like trapsin.
My number one farming spot for any trapsin is cow on any difficulty. This ladder season i played trapsin a lot and farmed 95% of my time in hell cow until level 91

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. If u get item otherwise, retract ur pending offer. Edit ur post or post "retracted" to do so.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...