Description

Diablo Clone
(also known as Über Diablo - but not to be confused with the
Pandemonium Event
's
Uber Diablo
), is the only monster who can drop the coveted
Annihilus
Small Charm. Full Lightning and Fire Resistance will help a lot against Diablo.

With high Physical Damage Reduction and Fire/Lightning Absorption, Diablo will end up healing you over time instead of damaging you. The biggest difference you'll notice is that this version of Diablo now has much higher life, much higher resistances, more powerful attacks, and
Armageddon
. Beware!

As of 2.4,
Diablo Clone
is spawned by region dependant on region-wide sales of
Stone of Jordan
. To track your region's progress, use the /uberdiablo chat command.
Description by Teebling

Appearances

Encountered on quest: No

Drops quest item: No

Lore

This demon is a mystery to all but the most elite players. Be warned, for this Diablo is far stronger than his predecessor, but great rewards await those powerful and clever enough to stand up to the challenge...

Über Diablo only awakens on the Battle.net Realms. Just what could possibly cause that? It remains a mystery to some. Others have figured it out. Could it involve the Stone of Jordan? Über Diablo only appears on Hell Difficulty. He can appear in various acts and locations in the game. He is the only monster that can drop the Annihilus Charm.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling Admin

Europe PC
Diablo Clone
(also known as Über Diablo - but not to be confused with the
Pandemonium Event
's
Uber Diablo
), is the only monster who can drop the coveted
Annihilus
Small Charm. Full Lightning and Fire Resistance will help a lot against Diablo.

With high Physical Damage Reduction and Fire/Lightning Absorption, Diablo will end up healing you over time instead of damaging you. The biggest difference you'll notice is that this version of Diablo now has much higher life, much higher resistances, more powerful attacks, and
Armageddon
. Beware!

As of 2.4,
Diablo Clone
is spawned by region dependant on region-wide sales of
Stone of Jordan
. To track your region's progress, use the /uberdiablo chat command.

Deleted User 632

This comment was written before patch 2.4 region Dclone walking. Now, DClone walks are super common and
Annihilus
worth pretty much nothing, so a very different issue than before

Interesting insight on Diablo Clone Walks by Mirrormn

I've participated a little bit in the back rooms where DClone walks are getting organized, so let me tell you exactly what has been going on:

People are using firewall rules and running on specific regions (Europe or Asia/Mumbai) to target specific sets of IPs. This may be why casual NA users do not ever see DClone walk on their own.

"Multis" are WAY easier to set up than in original Diablo 2. This is because in original Diablo 2, you needed a different IP address for each client you were connecting with, while in D2R, you only need a unique account for each new client. There are programs out there that allow you to launch multiple clients on a single computer - they're not popularly discussed because there is a profit motive in preventing casuals from doing this, so most people who know how to do it have no reason to teach anyone else. But they're out there, and freely available.

A single Anni is worth more than an entire copy of D2R (roughly, prices keep changing over time, and methods of converting items into real money have different efficiency, but this certainly is true in many cases). This means that the profit motive for getting additional clients into DClone walks is roughly unlimited. For each copy of D2 you buy, if you can get a single additional Anni out of it, it basically has already paid off.

People who organize walks have no way of knowing how many clients you're bringing. People who have tons of clients benefit paying a small buy-in and then trying to squeeze their 10-20+ clients into the one hot IP. There is a huge profit motive in doing this, and no real way to stop it.

Because multi-client users are trying to use up all the spots on a hot server, single-client users who pay SoJs to buy in have a higher chance of getting screwed and not finding a game.

Also, because the multi-clienters farm Annis so hard and have them in bulk, they've depressed the market to the point where an Anni is worth less than 2 SoJs.

As these trends continue, it becomes less and less viable for "traditional" DClone hunting - where you have a single client, pay 2 SoJs, and get 1 Anni out of it - to run at all. Traditional DClone hunting is basically dead at this point as a result.

Instead, there is a new method of DClone hunting where a single person collects 100+ clients that they control entirely; they privately choose an IP and get all their clients onto that IP without telling anyone else about it; and then they sell these games to people for a set SoJ price (last I saw was 3 SoJs for 2 games), and do the walk once they've collected everyone's SoJs. The one person in control of everything passes out as many games as they need to to raise the SoJs needed for the walk, and then any clients/games they have beyond that are pure profit. As far as I know, this is the only form of DClone walking (beyond large public events done by streamers) that is viable right now.

So, we've reached a point where Annis are basically completely controlled by an extremely small number of people (I know of ~4, perhaps there are more) who can afford to invest thousands of dollars into running over 100 copies of D2R at a time. Of course, these people almost certainly sell all/most of their Annis for real money, because why else would you invest so much money into the scheme to begin with?

Everything that was originally interesting or fun about DClone walking is completely broken now. It was already in a pretty terrible place when D2R released because of the high price of SoJs (since there are no duped ones hanging around now), but the paradigm that has evolved out of the capability to run an unlimited number of clients on a single IP address has destroyed even the niche community of DClone hunting that used to exist.

The whole mechanic is completely non-functional now. If Blizzard allows Ladder to go live with current DClone mechanics, the only thing they will accomplish is to make these people who have invested in these 100+ client setups very very rich, as they will be in a position to control the vast majority of Ladder Annis in the whole world. It needs to be changed.

Teebling Admin

Europe PC
The new mechanics for summoning
Diablo Clone
(NOT to be confused with
Uber Diablo
found in
Uber Tristram
) have now been revealed in the Ladder/2.4 PTR patch notes. I have edited out the confusing naming from the blue post:
Blizzard wrote:
The way that players summon
Diablo Clone
in Diablo II: Resurrected today will remain the same as it was first introduced in v1.10, by selling
Stone of Jordan
rings. However, we have made some changes to how and where that progress is calculated that we hope will make the experience better for the entire community. We’re eager to hear your feedback!

Diablo Clone
progress for each game type will now be kept by the regional database. When the threshold is met by selling enough
Stone of Jordan
rings,
Diablo Clone
will spawn for everyone in the same region, not only those on the same server instance.

Progress towards
Diablo Clone
is now tracked per game type. Giving us a total of 8 progressions being tracked. Those being Classic, Classic Hardcore (HC), Classic Ladder, Classic HC Ladder, Expansion, Expansion HC, Expansion Ladder, Expansion HC Ladder.

Given this change, we have added new messaging for players to help them anticipate when
Diablo Clone
may spawn. This messaging will be sent out to all players in the region at certain tiers of progress, and can be manually checked by using a /uberdiablo chat command. We hope these changes allow more players to get to experience the true
Terror
that is
Diablo Clone

Deleted User 632

Level 5 Paladin vs
Diablo Clone

Teebling Admin

Europe PC
@Armlesswunder slays
Diablo Clone
:
Just Killed today In Stoney Field in Ladder, By Me Doorsmasher#1544 @1:33am EST Pic will follow.
Dclone Death Time is in PIcture!
Dclone Death Time is in PIcture!
You don't have to be huge and tough, but it would help. I am a
Frenzy
barbarian using
Wolfhowl
Helm
, to change intio a
Werewolf
. Have alot of Purple pots, and I used a act5 merc with Unbending Will
Colossus Blade
Runeword. Very Heavy hitting and a runeword that will grant alot of HP back in return. With Grief pb AND A 6
Shael
PB, you can easily wittle him down in 6 min.
With some patience, Dclone can be killed by spawning him in
Palace Cellar Level 3
and attacking him through the door.
The following showcases how to do that with a Trapsin:
  1. WP to
    Arcane Sanctuary
  2. Go to
    Palace Cellar Level 3
    through the red portal
  3. Immediatly head towards the north-west door
  4. Clean the room and make a town portal for safety
  5. Go back to the main room and shoot
    Diablo Clone
    with a bow socketed with Edge
  6. As soon as he is hit go back through the door, position like in the picture below and put traps between the two fire pillars
Some caveats:
  • With bad starter gear, this can take realy long. 15-20 min are not unusual
  • Position the traps so you can see the long lightning they shoot like in the picture to ensure they actualy hit
  • Fill your inventory with lots of Mana and Healing Potions before your attempt. You will need them!
  • Fire Trapsin works, but the kill takes ages. I tried it and ended with an Anni after 50 min of pain
  • If you go back to town, the Prevent Monster Heal from Edge will get resettet. Only use the TP in Emergency and make sure to reapply the PMH after you come back.

girl this is NOT how i planned on learning about this occurrence I was just minding my own business doing a countess run and instead of her i get this yoked to hell diablo come crushin thru my skellies
Be careful when seeing the
Diablo Clone
Messages popping up on your screen. DClone will replace the closest Superunique to your location (when outside of an Act town). Meaning, if you are in Chaos Santuary trying to kill Diablo, the clone can replace one of the seal bosses. The Mini Uber bosses (
Lilith
Uber Duriel
, and
Uber Izual
) are also Superuniques. So you might be out a set of keys if Dclone spawns while running Ubers since the organ piece will not drop if Dclone has replaced one of them.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...