Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   7468 views

Description

Hey guys,

Been a whole since I have been active (like many of you lol). But I thought as we are in a bit of a low, we can raise the Diablo spirits of everyone by spawning DC. If there's enough people who would chip-in I'm happy to organize and coordinate the DC spawning. Let's say the price for the DC will be 3 SoJs. If you have got some hanging in the stash and wait for an event like this, sign-up by posting a comment below. I am thinking of 3 SoJs which would roughly mean that we'd need 41 more people, excluding myself.

This would be a nice practice for when we actually decide to do it. I have seen someone requesting that we do a forum DC spawn already here and I said I can organize it once 2.4 hits. Well, surprise. Let's have an early rehearsal.

Here are some of the relevant details:

Q: Why are you spawning DC?
A: I do NOT really insist on spawning it and will gladly hand over all the SoJs to someone else to do it. Of course, I already have some reputation build on this forum and unless it is someone else of the "popular" names or an admin, I'd rather not take any chances and do it myself :).

Q: When should we give you the SoJs?
A: As soon as we get a critical mass of people, I will create an exclusive discord server for people who have expressed interest. Following I will create a private channel, where I will be sharing the IP with people that have already paid their SoJs. So as soon as you paid you get added to the private channel. We will use the server initially to coordinate on time and region etc.

Q: When will the spawning happen?
A: We will do our best to accommodate a time that suits everyone. However, if we can't agree on a time that works with person X they can be ensured that we won't be taking their SoJs. In other words, everyone who has paid will get guaranteed chance to be on the server as soon as we are spawning DC.

Q: Can you share the IP with the mare mortals who did not pay?
A: We will definitely think of something as to not "waste". The free spots on the server. Perhaps when we all agree on time, I will update this thread to say when it will happen, and we'll leave it for you to explore and try to "hunt the IP".

Q: What happens to the excess SoJs.
A: If we are lucky enough to spawn DC in the first 75-85 SoJs I will return one SoJ to everyone participating. If we are unlucky and spawn DC 85-110, I will go around all acts hiding the spare SoJs and you'll each have limited time in the game trying to recover some SoJs. If we are super unlucky and spawn DC with the last few SoJs, we'll probably come up with some sort of a raffle or w/e.

Let us see how popular this thread will be. Might be something huge that will require coordination but equally I do not have expectations so it might just go into the archives as a failed DC attempt lol.

P.s.

I will not be accepting "entries" from @Teebling or @BillyMaysed. They've done enough for the community to earn their right to free IP sharing :D
Description by y2kid

Can be used to make Runewords:

y2kid 109

PC
Hey guys,

Been a whole since I have been active (like many of you lol). But I thought as we are in a bit of a low, we can raise the Diablo spirits of everyone by spawning DC. If there's enough people who would chip-in I'm happy to organize and coordinate the DC spawning. Let's say the price for the DC will be 3 SoJs. If you have got some hanging in the stash and wait for an event like this, sign-up by posting a comment below. I am thinking of 3 SoJs which would roughly mean that we'd need 41 more people, excluding myself.

This would be a nice practice for when we actually decide to do it. I have seen someone requesting that we do a forum DC spawn already here and I said I can organize it once 2.4 hits. Well, surprise. Let's have an early rehearsal.

Here are some of the relevant details:

Q: Why are you spawning DC?
A: I do NOT really insist on spawning it and will gladly hand over all the SoJs to someone else to do it. Of course, I already have some reputation build on this forum and unless it is someone else of the "popular" names or an admin, I'd rather not take any chances and do it myself :).

Q: When should we give you the SoJs?
A: As soon as we get a critical mass of people, I will create an exclusive discord server for people who have expressed interest. Following I will create a private channel, where I will be sharing the IP with people that have already paid their SoJs. So as soon as you paid you get added to the private channel. We will use the server initially to coordinate on time and region etc.

Q: When will the spawning happen?
A: We will do our best to accommodate a time that suits everyone. However, if we can't agree on a time that works with person X they can be ensured that we won't be taking their SoJs. In other words, everyone who has paid will get guaranteed chance to be on the server as soon as we are spawning DC.

Q: Can you share the IP with the mare mortals who did not pay?
A: We will definitely think of something as to not "waste". The free spots on the server. Perhaps when we all agree on time, I will update this thread to say when it will happen, and we'll leave it for you to explore and try to "hunt the IP".

Q: What happens to the excess SoJs.
A: If we are lucky enough to spawn DC in the first 75-85 SoJs I will return one SoJ to everyone participating. If we are unlucky and spawn DC 85-110, I will go around all acts hiding the spare SoJs and you'll each have limited time in the game trying to recover some SoJs. If we are super unlucky and spawn DC with the last few SoJs, we'll probably come up with some sort of a raffle or w/e.

Let us see how popular this thread will be. Might be something huge that will require coordination but equally I do not have expectations so it might just go into the archives as a failed DC attempt lol.

P.s.

I will not be accepting "entries" from @Teebling or @BillyMaysed. They've done enough for the community to earn their right to free IP sharing :D

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP

y2kid 109

PC
Gonna give this a few pings before giving up but it's not looking good currently 😬 wonder if there's just not enough people with SoJs or you find the 3 SoJ entry as too much.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
But currently, you can literally can buy a mid-roll anni for an SoJ. With 3 SoJ you can get an almost perfect one.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
You can actually buy unid annis for SoJ reliably by now so a 3 SoJ entry fee is really only interesting either to those who want to pay just to see DClone or multiboxers with at least 4 accounts.

Might be a challenge to get that rolling.

Edit:
Correction: Apparently, an SoJ now gets you not only an unid anni but a few
Ist
back on top of that. :)
OP

y2kid 109

PC
Damn, I should start selling my SoJs then... Got no idea how the market looks right now, so that's reasonable I get it. Perhaps when the new season starts : shrug:

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
man sell them, they are going for
Sur
+
Vex
, once they change the dclone spawn method they will tank in price

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP

y2kid 109

PC
I mean I could but I barely play anymore. Don't see much reason to do it.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...