Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1998 views

Description

Hey y’all, I’m just thinking of a long term goal and the auradin builds look intriguing.

Anyone have any experience with this set-up:

Merc - act 5
Frenzy
with duel Hand of Justice, Dragon armour and Flickering Flame helmet
Paladin - dual Dream, Crescent Moon, Dragon armour and normal other gear
Then the paladin runs the -150
Conviction
with the elemental aura synergies maxed? Then maybe
Vengeance
as the main attack?

I’m hoping it would be strong enough to just walk around some level 85 areas or cows on a decent players level and stuff just die from the auras?

Let me know if anyones done this or you have any other recommendations - even if this is untenable

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Hey y’all, I’m just thinking of a long term goal and the auradin builds look intriguing.

Anyone have any experience with this set-up:

Merc - act 5
Frenzy
with duel Hand of Justice, Dragon armour and Flickering Flame helmet
Paladin - dual Dream, Crescent Moon, Dragon armour and normal other gear
Then the paladin runs the -150
Conviction
with the elemental aura synergies maxed? Then maybe
Vengeance
as the main attack?

I’m hoping it would be strong enough to just walk around some level 85 areas or cows on a decent players level and stuff just die from the auras?

Let me know if anyones done this or you have any other recommendations - even if this is untenable

Thanks!
Dragon armor + Hand of Justice
Phase Blade
+ double Dream is perfectly serviceable up to p3 where monsters die just to auras. For p4+ you will have to actually attack enemies but you'll be tough as nails in melee and dealing impressive elemental damage. You will be using
Zeal
exclusively,
Vengeance
damage doesn't scale off Grief and is low on most weapons you'd use.

I personally think an auradin with HoJ, Dragon, dreams is the best possible zealer out of the three options (tesladin - about half in physical and half lightning - physical dmg is reduced by 20-50% on every other enemy in hell; auradin - two elements for most anyone unless you find unbreakable light/fire immune; dragondin - needs sunder, can kill anything, will be much slower against sundered fire immunes than auradin).

If you want to use Crescent Moon, use Faith rogue mercenary. If you don't want to use 20 IAS gloves +
Highlord's Wrath
, use act1 mercenary with Faith to reach max possible speed.
If you want a barbarian, give him Plague + anything else (or double Plague) for
Cleansing
aura and the ocasional
Lower Resist
trigger which helps both of your elements.
Other than that all mercenary options are available as you don't rely on them, some are just not worth it. Don't waste your time and runes on equipping mercenary into aura items for damage purposes, the damage is pitiful without paladin synergies or sorceress' masteries.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
HoJ/Dragon/.. on a merc tend to be lackluster at best for the same reason that you don't see for example HoJ/Dragon/Dream druids or
Frenzy
barbs running around in the wild:
No synergies = crap damage.

Other than that, I'd second what Queegon said with the one addition being that there is the option of going Crescent/Dream/Dream with Enigma as well (or Grief over Crescent if you want to throw in a solid physical component for actual attacking). Your overall damage will obviously be a fair bit lower than it would be with
Holy Fire
on top of everything but you do get Enigma to massively boost your travel speed which can more than make up for slightly less damage depending on where you want to play with him. I'd say that one boils down to personal preference more than anything.
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Understood, thanks guys!
I haven't tested it yet, but I heard that you can equip a
Frenzy
act V merc with one single sword and the game will consider him having two of them equipped (one for each hand). This would mean using a single Plague runeword sword would be enough to allow
Lower Resist
to be constantly applied, and I think that is what you are looking for here.
bbcjoke wrote: 1 year ago
I haven't tested it yet, but I heard that you can equip a
Frenzy
act V merc with one single sword and the game will consider him having two of them equipped (one for each hand). This would mean using a single Plague runeword sword would be enough to allow
Lower Resist
to be constantly applied, and I think that is what you are looking for here.
This works for attacking only. Act5 merc will alternate between main and off-hand as if he held two of the same when using
Frenzy
and not having two weapons equipped. Useful, if you have just one Grief.
For the lower res trigger, which is on getting struck, the game sees just the one he has in mainhand. Same reason why 1 Last Wish doesn't apply lvl 34 might aura, you need two for that.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation