Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   9559 views

Description

I made to switch to offline single player during ladder season one and I have really enjoyed it. Does anyone know if
Terror
zones and sunder charms will be coming to offline after season 2 ends?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I made to switch to offline single player during ladder season one and I have really enjoyed it. Does anyone know if
Terror
Answeredby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Just updating this topic to say: terror zones and sundered charms are confirmed to be available in both offline and non-ladder in D2R 2.6/Season 3:
Blizzard wrote:
To spice things up further, we have made changes to Terror Zones. Also, Terror Zones are now available in offline games! Offline Terror Zones will operate on a different schedule from their online counterpart but function the same otherwise. Remember, you can now receive Sundering Charms as a drop in offline Terror Zone games too.
From the 2.6 patch notes.

Tetra 178

Paladin Europe PC
No one knows
From what I've read online, no. As far as I know,
Terror
Zones are an online-exclusive feature, and only available late into the game (much to my newbie-dismay).

It is possible in the future that
Terror
Zones will be added to single player, but for now, no Sunder Charms are available offline.
Especially seeing as
Terror
Zones are tracked globally across regional servers, which requires an internet connection to read.
OP
ThisKobold wrote: 1 year ago
From what I've read online, no. As far as I know,
Terror
Zones are an online-exclusive feature, and only available late into the game (much to my newbie-dismay).

It is possible in the future that
Terror
Zones will be added to single player, but for now, no Sunder Charms are available offline.
This makes me sad 😢
Crushnasty wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
Sorry for offtop, but why offline? I don't also play in team often. Only whilde doing
Baal
runs. But you can play solo, which is the same as offline. But in offline you can't trade with others. I didn't like trading in the days of vanilla Diablo 2, but now realized for myself that trading is a part of game mechanincs which I enjoy now.
OP
zeleboba wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
Sorry for offtop, but why offline? I don't also play in team often. Only whilde doing
Baal
runs. But you can play solo, which is the same as offline. But in offline you can't trade with others. I didn't like trading in the days of vanilla Diablo 2, but now realized for myself that trading is a part of game mechanincs which I enjoy now.
When d2r first came out I exclusively played bnet online. After several months I was able to level and gear one of each character type.

I initially tried offline due to boredom but I quickly became addicted to it. There is something very satisfying about leveling up characters and finding all of your own gear and runes. Also, I like to tinker with the player settings. As most of us know, higher player settings usually yields better rune drop chances. None of my friends play d2r anymore so I was typically playing bnet solo. I do not like competing with random players online for drops.
Bnet needs /players x command so badly. The best advice I have for playing with others and not competing for loot is to do split mf games, so you have an entire zone or 2 to yourself. Otherwise yeah, I give up all hope of getting loot during
Baal
run or Chaos sanct games.
OP
Zongsale wrote: 1 year ago
Bnet needs /players x command so badly. The best advice I have for playing with others and not competing for loot is to do split mf games, so you have an entire zone or 2 to yourself. Otherwise yeah, I give up all hope of getting loot during
Baal
run or Chaos sanct games.
Totally agree.
OP
Another issue I have with bnet is the player
Cap
. I would have to delete existing characters to make new ones every season…
Another issue I have with bnet is the player
Cap
. I would have to delete existing characters to make new ones every season…
If you're like me and you didn't know there was a
Cap
before, the
Cap
is 20 characters for online play.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Per Blizz's comments on the topic,
Terror
zones weren't necessarily intended to remain an online-only feature but they were stated to be online "for now" because that'd make it easier for Blizz to balance numbers in and around them. Naturally, that's kind of a BS reason as they push hotfix patches on a regular basis anyways which would push those same minor changes (if any) to SP but hey, some excuse was needed.

So theoretically, there's hope for them eventually making it to SP. Realistically, I wouldn't hold my breath.

IF they make it to SP, you could likely expect sunders to also drop there as SP typically behaves the same way ladder does with regards to items. So even if they still don't drop in non-ladder after S2 is over, they should drop in S3 ladder as well as SP
Terror
zones if those ever become a thing.

Ravoc 122

PC
They originally said new ladder runewords would become available in non-ladder as well after ladder ends, and yet the 2.4 ones never did. You just can't trust Blizzard statements...

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Just updating this topic to say: terror zones and sundered charms are confirmed to be available in both offline and non-ladder in D2R 2.6/Season 3:
Blizzard wrote:
To spice things up further, we have made changes to Terror Zones. Also, Terror Zones are now available in offline games! Offline Terror Zones will operate on a different schedule from their online counterpart but function the same otherwise. Remember, you can now receive Sundering Charms as a drop in offline Terror Zone games too.
From the 2.6 patch notes.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...