Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   3147 views

Description

is there a list of uniques exclusive to classic version without LOD expansion somewhere?

just wondering...if it's possible to rule hell with just uniques and no runewords.

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
is there a list of uniques exclusive to classic version without LOD expansion somewhere?

just wondering...if it's possible to rule hell with just uniques and no runewords.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Classic uniques are uniques with normal bases (not exceptional or elite).
Boots
Cap
Maul
Blade
, etc. Some of them are actually great like
Spectral Shard
Goldskin
or
Tarnhelm
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Yikes. Sounds bit bad. I wonder if there are any classics fanatics out there

OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I checked the unique’s list by order of qlvl. Pretty crappy I would say.
Less than half the items are on classic.
I don’t understand how you could survive or even farm hell. Even all purpose chars need the boost to skills to survive.

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
I don’t understand how you could survive or even farm hell. Even all purpose chars need the boost to skills to survive.
Back 1.01, Diablo 2 was a very, very different Beast. Rares reigned supreme, and SoJ was king. Also, syngergies didn't exist, so, say, the Blizzard sorc wasn't an 80-skill-point build.
Back in theese days they/we prefered rare items.

I remember, my first char ever was a thornes paladin. Played him to act 4 nightmare. There were no guides and I had no clue what I have done :D

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
Those were the days :D I had a clueless bowa back then, fully geared up in rares. Not sure how she survived honestly.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
You really don't.

Original D2 was a lot harder, not only because the items were extremely limited as compared to now but even more so because in the olden days, most skills were a hell of a lot weaker than they are today because things like synergies didn't exist yet. Also, mercs were entirely useless (no gear, act-limited, ..).

Now though, even in classic mode, the game is far from hard because even though you may be missing some items, the synergies and skill changes along the way are more than enough to still render endgame a non-challenge.

Case and point:
Go play classic mode for a change. I actually did a little while ago out of boredom (and to test something ^^). There's very few people actually there but the handful that do play there tend to wreck CS even faster than is the case on expansion. Given, if those same people (who are far more coordinated than your average expansion player) ran in exp, it'd be faster yet again but even so, it is basically a faceroll on classic, too.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I really do?
I would say if they was really the classic- no synergies should apply.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...