Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   6425 views

Description

The Sunder GCs drop from horking. So many Sunder GCs out there already... what a joke.
Not sure what they will do to fix this, or not.

The "New and exciting" feeling of Season 2 is almost over.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bisu 369

PC
The Sunder GCs drop from horking. So many Sunder GCs out there already... what a joke.
Not sure what they will do to fix this, or not.

The "New and exciting" feeling of Season 2 is almost over.
Oh dear. What exactly is the bug? Guaranteed sunder drops from horking?

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
No Sunder GCs can be dropped before ladder reset.
When you deploy things without testing it.

Or they really want it to be such common.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Sounds like Blizz..either way, no "fix" for it.

You either leave it run rampant and make them stupidly common.
Or you hotfix it now, make it potentially a pain for everyone who wasn't there to abuse it until now (i.e. Europeans who enjoy sleeping at 2am ^^) and make the ones who were there filthy rich because of it.
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Oh dear. What exactly is the bug? Guaranteed sunder drops from horking?
Yeah, how does it work? If you hork an elite in a
Terror
zone what is the bugged drop rate? I better make a horker asap, although I have to work with weekend so probably can't do it.
Post a screeny of your booty please

On workdays I am generally available for trade from 19:00 CET to 23:00 CET. Weekends variable.
DON'T ADD ME ON BNET WITHOUT POSTING HERE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS FROM STRANGERS.
On the other hand, add me after you bid ;)
Verband wrote: 1 year ago
Post a screeny of your booty please
By now it is widley known that there is an "unwanted" feature with hoark. I think some guys on youtube even reported that this will happen. Very strange that the didn't fix it upfront. Well I considered starting a ladder season but now I see no reason to do so. Until I reach hell this will be fixed for sure.

Some more information:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... ama/145575

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
LightningShade wrote: 1 year ago
Well I considered starting a ladder season but now I see no reason to do so. Until I reach hell this will be fixed for sure.
Well, if your only reason for playing ladder was to abuse a bug that may or may not happen, you probably don't wanna actually play ladder anyways. ;) After all, beyond a possible fix, nothing's changing about ladder.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Well I considered starting a ladder season but now I see no reason to do so. Until I reach hell this will be fixed for sure.
Well, if your only reason for playing ladder was to abuse a bug that may or may not happen, you probably don't wanna actually play ladder anyways. ;) After all, beyond a possible fix, nothing's changing about ladder.
A kind of strange judgement ... well my reasoning was that I want to get a shot at the now still ladder only runewords and maybe grab a couple of sunder charms. Its a bit tough with a job and other hobbies but maybe you don't know what I'm talking about ;)
Well, if the bug is fixed, in Principle many players with the right time zone or simply more time will have massive advantages even more than usual. Before there's another misconception: more time naturally leads to more ladder-only stuff on average. Objectively, I couldn't care less, since I don't play competitively, but it just robs me of any motivation to start in a defacto ruined economy (if they don't delete all the sunder charms).

What people here think will be the way forward?

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
A kind of strange judgement ... well my reasoning was that I want to get a shot at the now still ladder only runewords and maybe grab a couple of sunder charms. Its a bit tough with a job and other hobbies but maybe you don't know what I'm talking about ;)
Well, if the bug is fixed, in Principle many players with the right time zone or simply more time will have massive advantages even more than usual. Before there's another misconception: more time naturally leads to more ladder-only stuff on average. Objectively, I couldn't care less, since I don't play competitively, but it just robs me of any motivation to start in a defacto ruined economy (if they don't delete all the sunder charms).

What people here think will be the way forward?
I certainly do know what you're talking about. ;)

You merely made it sound as though it being fixed by the time you hit hell would be reason enough to not start on ladder which in turn kinda implies that you'd merely start for the sake of mass bugged sunder farming ("no bug = no play"). Apart from sunders being cheaper and certain people being stupid rich instantly if it does get fixed now, nothing's different so the rest of the economy remains largely unaffected.

Either way, I'd hope they just leave it broken..it may be messed up but at least that way everyone's on even footing. Perpetual advantage to those who didn't sleep last night/are in Asia/Americas timezones would be kind of a dick move. Then again, dick moves are what I'd expect from Blizz so...yeah.
They should simply delete all Sunder charms in existence and apply a hotfix.

Whoever actually paid anything for a Sunder charm, knowing full well that they are dropping like crazy, should simply move on and farm theirs the normal way (or buy one post-fix).

If they were able to delete my ladder-only RW on non-ladder, they certainly can do this! :D

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
They should simply delete all Sunder charms in existence and apply a hotfix.

Whoever actually paid anything for a Sunder charm, knowing full well that they are dropping like crazy, should simply move on and farm theirs the normal way (or buy one post-fix).

If they were able to delete my ladder-only RW on non-ladder, they certainly can do this! :D

To be fair, there's bound to be plenty of folks who paid for them who simply play (as a non-horker) and don't read forums so have no idea the drop rate is messed up.

But yeah..IF they fix it, they really need to delete the ones out now. Or at least the horked ones but something tells me they don't keep track of how/where it dropped (or would mess it up again even if they did ^^).
Bad. Software. Design.

If the idea was that everyone should have access to these charms, then the global immunities should have been reverted so the game behaves like it did in classic 1.07 and earlier. Why are we wasting people's inventory slots with more charm clutter and messing with existing skills in
Conviction
and
Lower Resist
solely for the purpose of shoehorning this rushed new feature?

Also, I think it's fair to question why this is the first time the concept of negative resists has been widely deployed. Yes, I know
Andariel's Visage
has been around for a while, but that's not for everybody and its negative resists can easily be self-contained and neutralized with a
Ral

Until now, this game has largely eschewed negative effects, and now here come charms with D3-scale numbers. I hope they don't invent new unique items in the future, because they'll be adding +500 dexterity or strength each.

I read an unverified rumor somewhere that the current devs do not have access to the game's original source code, so they're just piling mom's spaghetti on top of it. That might be the only thing I've read that makes any sense regarding these devs.

As for this bug being a completely botched interaction with horking, PTR was the best place to allow simulating the game experience by actually letting the damn charms drop from monsters. And they didn't.

This is the dumbest product team for any game that I've ever played. But I've been suggesting that for at least a few weeks now. Or maybe it's been 52 years, I don't remember.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Blizz being incompetent isn't exactly news, sadly. They've been proving that over and over for more than just a few years now.

On the more "fun" side...Sunders are literally trading for
Sol
atm, lol
GGM covers this well

Starting to consider rolling a horker with the express purpose of grabbing one of each and then not touch the character until ladder ends when I can transfer the charms to my non-ladder characters which I actually play..

I did not see any posts on trading sunder gc. Is it purposely banned by the admin, or everyone happen to have tacit agreement not to trade them?
They're taking the servers down in 3 minutes. They will be patching the sunder drop bug presumably then.

Ravoc 123

PC
they might as well reroll season 2 and start fresh. It's only less than 24h anyway...
They fixed it now:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... 144094/213

So far no reset or anything like it announced. As expected but I'm a bit stunned by this grave oversight. Also considering the skiller charms looted until now. So far the kept the game quite free from stuff like
Ith
items from the old days but thats a first step toward this direction at least in my opinion.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...