85 replies   24856 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
alpharius8 wrote: 2 years ago
away as I always check, and closed the trade window - he left the game immediately before I could even write anything
Good man. Always double check that shit. Even when trading with online "friends" lmao.

Like now that these scams are so widely known, these idiots must get embarrassed constantly when it doesnt work most of the time. As kids today would say, very cringe.

@wale @waffels @BillyMaysed
Thanks for testing this, was kinda scared to trade bigger items because of it.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
p3king wrote: 2 years ago
@wale @waffels @BillyMaysed
Thanks for testing this, was kinda scared to trade bigger items because of it.
for real i was terrified the other day when i was trading for
Lo
rune. offering an
Ohm
Vex
Gul
, and
Ist
. and i was terrified the dude would try to slip in an
Io
or something and would like accidently click the trade button or something or that scammers have secret evil software that forces a trade, lol, idk my brain goes weird places when its thinking of terrible things.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
Lo
rune. offering an
Ohm
Vex
Gul
, and
Ist
Io
or something and would like accidently click the trade button or something or that scammers have secret evil software that forces a trade, lol, idk my brain goes weird places when its thinking of terrible things.
everytime i put ANY item in trade i was counting to random numbers and doing it fast being super paranoid so i dont blame you hahaha.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
Lo
rune. offering an
Ohm
Vex
Gul
, and
Ist
Io
everytime i put ANY item in trade i was counting to random numbers and doing it fast being super paranoid so i dont blame you hahaha.
hey better to paranoid and keep your items then be trusting and lose them.
Did they fix the anni for meph's soul Stone? I remember that from a while ago. Haven't tried to put it in a trade window, but they used to have the same graphic.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
Did they fix the anni for meph's soul Stone? I remember that from a while ago. Haven't tried to put it in a trade window, but they used to have the same graphic.

they have the same graphic still yes.

Perhaps someone with friends and an anni can try to put them in a trade window and see what happens. Would be nice to know that you can't put the soul Stone in the traded window at all.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Perhaps someone with friends and an anni can try to put them in a trade window and see what happens. Would be nice to know that you can't put the soul Stone in the traded window at all.
Tested... confirmed you can still put the Soulstone in trade window. Although not 100% sure if the trade would still go through? Didn't try but im assuming yes. lol

Again, this is just more reason to always quadruple check the item before clicking trade. I doubt blizz will ever fix the art issue with certain items, so best just to practice being paranoid in every trade lol.

Awesome! Thanks for checking. While not a popular item, I feel like this one should for sure be added in the OP, and probably highlighted... it would suck if you actually gave away the value of an anni, and ended up with nothing.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Awesome! Thanks for checking. While not a popular item, I feel like this one should for sure be added in the OP, and probably highlighted... it would suck if you actually gave away the value of an anni, and ended up with nothing.
Agreed, i have added it to #1. It's extremely sad threads/video warnings like these are even needed. All these grown ass men scamming new ppl. pathetic.

Good guide for new players and for old foxes too. I've been scammed for my first
Ohm
(and only so far) in resurrected even though I was tricked like this before 15 years ago. One of my first hell Andy run dropping
Ohm
turned off my cool brain.
Ohm
for
Amethyst
armor not a greatest deal.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
SpookyJohnny wrote: 2 years ago
Good guide for new players and for old foxes too. I've been scammed for my first
Ohm
(and only so far) in resurrected even though I was tricked like this before 15 years ago. One of my first hell Andy run dropping
Ohm
turned off my cool brain.
Ohm
for
Amethyst
armor not a greatest deal.
Tough lesson to learn. Even tougher learning it twice. :(

I have just been scamed... but im idiot, more than 20 years playing and i trust somebody on internet... here is the link where he scam me, he get the 30 p ame and dont give me 3
Mal
he offer... stupid me.. can he be banned or something?

I only accept public offers in trade post . Don't PM me with offers please. Thank you.

I play both PC and Nintendo Switch.

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Miyitan wrote: 1 year ago
I have just been scamed... but im idiot, more than 20 years playing and i trust somebody on internet... here is the link where he scam me, he get the 30 p ame and dont give me 3
Mal
Apart from the obvious "don't trust people without trust whom you don't know", sorry to hear that.

Though I do believe there were (inofficial?) rules here against "public shaming" aka posting identifying information. Admittedly not sure how that relates/applies to trades conducted via this very site though. Either way, if you're going to publicly claim that you've been ripped off, you should be able to provide some proof to go with it (such as screens of related chat logs that end in you being blocked) and even then you should likely first and foremost get in touch with a mod (report him) for a faster/more applicable response.

Mind you I'm not saying you're making it up - far from it - I'm just saying go the mod route first. I've removed the identifying information from my quote of you for the above reasoning.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Mal
Apart from the obvious "don't trust people without trust whom you don't know", sorry to hear that.

Though I do believe there were (inofficial?) rules here against "public shaming" aka posting identifying information. Admittedly not sure how that relates/applies to trades conducted via this very site though. Either way, if you're going to publicly claim that you've been ripped off, you should be able to provide some proof to go with it (such as screens of related chat logs that end in you being blocked) and even then you should likely first and foremost get in touch with a mod (report him) for a faster/more applicable response.

Mind you I'm not saying you're making it up - far from it - I'm just saying go the mod route first. I've removed the identifying information from my quote of you for the above reasoning.
Ok, I understand, I can't prove anything beyond the messages, but normally I don't record everything I play, I trust people, I've traded with dozens of people on this website and I've never had any problem... until it happens something... I fully understand that without proof it's your word against mine (although I thought that having more than 100 confidence points my word would be worth something here), but it seems that you always have to load the proof on the victim and not on the scammer, I put his bnet id so that no one else is scammed, I have traded with crafting items many times here, and many times trading 40 items is thrown on the Ground... but being so difficult to prove, well nothing, that that scammer continue here, at least I have warned, thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

I only accept public offers in trade post . Don't PM me with offers please. Thank you.

I play both PC and Nintendo Switch.

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Mal

Ok, I understand, I can't prove anything beyond the messages, but normally I don't record everything I play, I trust people, I've traded with dozens of people on this website and I've never had any problem... until it happens something... I fully understand that without proof it's your word against mine (although I thought that having more than 100 confidence points my word would be worth something here), but it seems that you always have to load the proof on the victim and not on the scammer, I put his bnet id so that no one else is scammed, I have traded with crafting items many times here, and many times trading 40 items is thrown on the Ground... but being so difficult to prove, well nothing, that that scammer continue here, at least I have warned, thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh, I completely get where you're coming from and personally, I actually wouldn't mind a "watch out for these known scammers!" section. But as you may imagine, letting such reports publicly go rampant without any proof would sadly just result in folks who may simply be annoyed with someone for whatever reason claim that that person, too is a scammer cuz..it is the internet after all.

I've done countless drop-trades myself, often enough even spanning multiple games (ladder to non-ladder and vice versa) and even when I generally trust the other side, I still make sure to keep some sort of documentation of my having delivered. Sadly, you just never know.

Be that all as it may, go back to your trade topic, find a post of his, hit the report button and let a mod handle it with you from there.

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
I want to share my experience I recently got with a guy using a variant of no.2 (Ctrl klick scam).
He joined my trade game and asked me to link the item in "whisper mode", he claimed that he couldn't see the game chat. What I didn't know was that you can't link an item when wipsering to another (or at least I am not aware of any method). I told him it didn't work and he responded : "Strange, for me it works" and posted a blue item resp. he just pretended to link the item, the letters were only coloured. When I hovered over it it became clear it was a scam since there was no item information, just the name of the item in coloured letters. Anyway, I played along to see what his next move was and then he said: "Try ctrl + klick when wispering, this usually works " ;).
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Mal
I'm not sure why you dropped anything on the floor. This is exactly why you always always always use the trade system to exchange items, never trust anyone, even someone with high trust, to just toss their items on the floor.

30 p amethysts for 3 mals = three trades of 10 p amethyts for 1 mal. Not trying to victim-blame anyone, just a note that an honest trader will suggest an exchange process that uses the trade dialogue, even for bulk trades.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation